I recently bought myself a 700c road bike, after using a 16" folder exclusively for the last 4 years, travelling 12,000km in the last 18 months. I have been using my new bike exclusively for the last 3 weeks.
- Those ridiculous, huge clown wheels!
- I feel anonymous: when I see someone pull up in the bike box/ASL riding an Airnimal, I can't use the secret handshake anymore.
- Missed out on a bit of sesh last night: would you leave your brand new road bike on Victoria Embankment, London? If I'd had the folder, I would have been sitting in the stern of the Hispanola with a glass of Becks Vier
- My excuse has gone: when I did the Dunwich Dynmo (do a forum search) people said "you're brave" and "wow, you did well passing everyone on that ascent". On my road bike it would be "you only averaged 18kmh?"
- Related: now I have a higher top gear, it's clear to me the limiting factor is my legs, not my bike.