Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/)
-   -   swift folders (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/83711-swift-folders.html)

smallwheeler 07-07-14 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tds101 (Post 16915250)
Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice front suspension fork? I'm in NYC and the potholes in my area are killing me. I don't want a thudbuster seat post, yet, but a new front fork would be killer!


suntour swing looks promising.


http://clovisimage.stickynote-theatr...B004TN2C6E.png

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/hakusen/c...mg61880166.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...34756773_n.jpg

tds101 07-07-14 10:52 AM

Wow, that looks nice. Are there any others that are known to fit?

rickybails 07-08-14 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tds101 (Post 16916069)
Wow, that looks nice. Are there any others that are known to fit?

I was once looking for a suspension fork myself, and discovered the fork on a Moulton TSR is exactly the same crown-axle length as the stock swift fork.

The fork on a pacific reach may fit too.

tds101 07-09-14 05:14 PM

Pics of my XS: View Album, Mobile Uploads Photos by tds101 | Photobucket

dezzie 07-28-14 03:38 AM

Well after months of reading everything mini velo and folders, bidding on moultons and losing, trying terns and bromptons, took the plunge and ordered a nice new xootr swift from ebay today in the UK, finally I have a decent 20 inch wheel bike I can customise and get fit on, hope its as good as everybody says!

tds101 07-28-14 07:39 AM

I think you'll enjoy it,... It's a surprisingly full sized ride in a small package.

dezzie 07-30-14 12:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well my new bike came tonight, was impressed until I started to remove the packaging it came in and found 2 large chips on the top frame rail, spoilt the surprise somewhat but bikes built, instructions are not very clear and neither are the photos, tyres need pumped up, headset very notchy so that will need slackened off and checked/greased, all the clamps need greasing up but I haven't got the stuff advertised so I will try n get some sort of white grease tomorrow from the LBS, bars are narrow so unsure what to do with them just yet but I will probably fit wider bars with bar ends etc, not a good start so I hope its not an omen for the future, a dark cloud usually follows me everywhere and I have crap luck usually!

tds101 07-30-14 12:42 PM

My Xootr Swift came with a small scratch on the top tube. I used some of the (excessively dry) touch up paint they supplied me with to cover it up. Not a huge issue, but there nonetheless. And the handlebars, those were the first thing to go - I hated "em.

dezzie 07-30-14 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tds101 (Post 16989608)
My Xootr Swift came with a small scratch on the top tube. I used some of the (excessively dry) touch up paint they supplied me with to cover it up. Not a huge issue, but there nonetheless. And the handlebars, those were the first thing to go - I hated "em.


I never got any touch up paint? I have messaged the vendor to see if I can be compensated in some way, at the very least a touch up paint to do the job myself, no doubt it will be painted or powdercoated in the future unless I hate it and it becomes a money pit!

tds101 07-30-14 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezzie (Post 16989737)
I never got any touch up paint? I have messaged the vendor to see if I can be compensated in some way, at the very least a touch up paint to do the job myself, no doubt it will be painted or powdercoated in the future unless I hate it and it becomes a money pit!

I'm either selling my Xootr, or swapping out the wheelset back to stock for a SS setup again. I find I'm much better at riding a single geared bike than geared. Funny really, since I wanted this setup so badly. I'll just change out my classifieds ad to sell the wheels instead! But NO FIXED GEAR/FIXIE!

PS: the Xootr looks so frigging sweet in silver! :thumb:

dezzie 07-31-14 04:08 AM

Vendor messaged me back and is sending me a set of mudguards/fenders for free for my inconvenience and says he will be getting some stock of touch up paint soon and to ring them soon for a pot, cant ask for more than that I suppose, the fenders are worth £40 here in the UK!

tds101 07-31-14 07:10 AM

Excellent apology IMO, sounds like a fantastic seller!

joaozinho 07-31-14 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning

I was in some "Meeting Folding" here in Brazil and I saw many different folding bikes ... put some photos ...


https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4...2Bciclista.jpg


https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O...o/100_3602.JPG
Folding Bike Porto Seguro

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...o/100_4047.JPG
Folding Bike Graziella

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-f...o/100_4048.JPG
Folding Bike Caloi

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-f...o/100_4049.JPG
Folding Bike Btwin

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-i...o/100_4050.JPG
Folding Bike Solorock

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-7...o/100_4051.JPG
Folding Bike Soul

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-p...o/100_4053.JPG
Folding Bike Brompton

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-L...o/100_4056.JPG
Folding Bike Junma

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-9...o/100_4107.JPG
Folding Bike Night Riders



Posts - Pictures ...

joaozinhomenininho: Brasil - São Paulo + 1º Encontro de Dobráveis SP - 90km

joaozinhomenininho: Brasil - São Paulo - 2º Encontro de Dobráveis SP - 12km

joaozinhomenininho: Brasil - São Paulo + 1º Encontro de Dobráveis CAB - 54km



Hugs from Brazil

Joaozinho

chagzuki 07-31-14 10:48 AM

What's the bike on the far right of the group shot, front?

Appears to be the same bike as the former Origami Fox.

dezzie 07-31-14 01:09 PM

Why are these in the Swift thread?

dezzie 07-31-14 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New Rido saddle fitted tonight!

joaozinho 08-01-14 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chagzuki (Post 16992432)
What's the bike on the far right of the group shot, front?

Appears to be the same bike as the former Origami Fox.


Hi ..


I believe you are referring to folding bike

Go Easy


Hugs from Brazil

Joaozinho

tds101 08-01-14 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joaozinho (Post 16995116)
Hi ..


I believe you are referring to folding bike

Go Easy


Hugs from Brazil

Joaozinho

Please create a separate thread for these pictures. They're nice, but they DON'T BELONG IN THE XOOTR SWIFT THREAD!

dezzie 08-01-14 09:32 AM

Question for those with the xootrs, I see some have fitted kinetix rims as fitted to the Dahon folders high end models, I have found a place in the Uk that do Dahon spares and sell the kinetix rims in silver or red as on the x20 model, will these be a straight forward fit on the xootr? there specifically for 8/9 speed cassettes and there obviously 20 inch rims, will I need anything else to make them fit? or will they be a straight swap? Dahon 20" Wheelset (1 Pair of Wheels) - Items - www.foldingbike.biz

BruceMetras 08-01-14 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezzie (Post 16995678)
Question for those with the xootrs, I see some have fitted kinetix rims as fitted to the Dahon folders high end models, I have found a place in the Uk that do Dahon spares and sell the kinetix rims in silver or red as on the x20 model, will these be a straight forward fit on the xootr? there specifically for 8/9 speed cassettes and there obviously 20 inch rims, will I need anything else to make them fit? or will they be a straight swap? Dahon 20" Wheelset (1 Pair of Wheels) - Items - www.foldingbike.biz

Rears go on straight away using a couple of thin spacers.. Dahon = 130mm .. Xootr closer to 135.. fronts will need special spacers to fit the 74mm Dahon to 100mm .. I made mine out of TI, but there are some available around the net.. once you have it done though, you can get your Xootr pretty light with a few weight weenie parts .. mine was under 19lbs as a 9speed and I didn't try very hard ..

dezzie 08-01-14 09:55 AM

Yup I just read about the front being smaller than standard, that's a bit of a hassle as I just want some nice bling 20 inch wheels for my new xootr but don't want to pay silly money for carbon clincher wheels etc, we cant get any decent affordable rims in the UK at all apart from the kinetix I found!

BruceMetras 08-01-14 10:02 AM

Maybe you can get a set of Velocity Spartacus paired spoke wheels .. I have them on my Moulton .. not as light as Rolfs, or the Kinetix Pro, but way lighter than stock ..

dezzie 08-01-14 10:48 AM

Its just finding them in the UK, it would cost me a fortune to get anything from another country!

seely 08-01-14 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezzie (Post 16995968)
Its just finding them in the UK, it would cost me a fortune to get anything from another country!

We don't make the Spartacus any longer, but you might try our A23 wheelset. In the UK, Brick Lane Bikes handles is our main distributor. The A23 is a lighter rim than the Spartacus, with a more conventional lacing pattern, available in 20H+. The rim is also wider which makes a laterally stiffer rim as well as improves ride quality as it spreads out the tire's contact patch a bit more.

smallwheeler 08-01-14 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seely (Post 16996046)
We don't make the Spartacus any longer, but you might try our A23 wheelset. In the UK, Brick Lane Bikes handles is our main distributor. The A23 is a lighter rim than the Spartacus, with a more conventional lacing pattern, available in 20H+. The rim is also wider which makes a laterally stiffer rim as well as improves ride quality as it spreads out the tire's contact patch a bit more.

i recently purchased a pair of uriels laced to a capreo hub. wow. i love this wheelset.

http://recumbentmuse.files.wordpress...mbent2500.jpeg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 PM.