Yes, yes, I know I've delayed for too long, but finally...PHOTOS!Originally Posted by jyossarian
The sliver beauty is my new 2005 Swift. Though she isn't as glamorous as James', she does have a few nifty details that make her mine:
- Sensas Head- and Tail-lights (powered by AAA's so they're recharger-friendly)
- IncrediBell (possibly to be replaced or supplemented by an air-horn)
- CyclePro Toe Clips (hand-me-downs from the BF)
- Performance Seat Pack (found lying around the BF's bike stuff...must be over 15 yrs old. Just bought a Topeak wedge today.)
While we're at it, I've included a shot of the BF's ride (which I've borrowed on occasion). It's the gray ghost over there. She's a 1987 Cannondale SR500 (though the frame paint scheme looks more to be SR400, the running gear's all SR500). The head-light's an LED flashlight with a homemade mount (which he's since improved). Other aftermarket mods include:
- Foam Handlebar Squishies
- CyclePro(?) Pedals with SureGrips
- Polar Insulated water bottle
- Falcon jet-ski air horn
When he's not using the headlight, he's got a mount for an old Handspring PDA running bike computer software.
...that white bike over there is the one that I used since my high-school days and ultimately turned me off to cycling for 15 years (read my sig). [Actually, that's not the butt-eating saddle of years gone by...I believe that one's in a land-fill somewhere.] How I came to own her is a post for another time. I had been considering upgrading her Johnny Cash style ("one-piece-at-a-time") but it would have ended up costing me more than a dime...probably close to the price of a new bike. So I decided to cut to the chase and just get a new bike.
May your hills and winds be of the "down" type,