Lightweight Dahon Mu Singlespeed
I singlespeeded my Dahon Mu XL frame and modified it with some light parts:
* Wheels: Kinetix Pro
* Tires: Kojak
* Tube: Schwalbe XX Light
* Cranks: SRAM RED carbon
* Innenlager: GXP
* Pedals: Wellgo MG1 TI
* Seatpost: SDG I-Beam
* Seat: SDG FX
* Chainring: TA Alize, 49t
* Chain: KMC X10-SL
* Sprocket: Reverse single speed kit, 13T (Transmission: 49T front to 13T rear)
* Brakes: Avid Single Digit SL/Speed Dial SL, 482g (w/o cables)
* Cables: Shimano XTR
* Bar: RaceFace Carbon, 98g
* End Caps: 6g
* Grips: KCNC
Didn't weight it yet, should be around 8kg.
more details and pics including some parts-on-scale pics in this forum (German)
Yea , having single speed does save on weight of more drive train parts.
yes, singlespeed works great in Berlin. Snappy bike.
What's a "Sprocket: Reverse single speed kit"? Sounds like something you'd use for a left hand drive.
C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L
You've done a good job on that - I particularly appreciate the understated look of the bike. Probably not a bad idea in Berlin!
"Reverse" - just the name of that brand. Here's a pic:
Originally Posted by dynaryder
@Elvis, it follows the "rat bike" concept, yes.
Still looking for some upgrades. I want a left folding stem, a little shorter, and without telescoping stem nor quick release.
Here's a pic:
Found on this page in China.
Anybody heard of these "FNHON" handleposts?
Last edited by pibach; 04-29-13 at 02:25 AM.
I dig the wheelset.
I wanted to get them for my Silvertip but sold the bike already.
My FN Hon (2 screw top on left of picture is stiffer) and Dahon (quick release top) both fold down to the left of the frame.
Pics show the Tern post folding left, these are probably the stiffest but I have never seen them sold anywhere.
I think any of the 3 on the right of your picture would be a vast improvement on rigidity over the crappy 2 piece handlepost.
* Yes, Lock Jaw Minibike is nice, but 3kg fpr the frame alone is just to heavy, and does not fold small.
Originally Posted by ttakata73
* Tern handleposts would be interesting, but regularly "N-fold" to the right (forward), and require longer fork. So no way to use them on a Dahon.
* yeah, 2 screw top FNHON would be the one to go for. Did not understand how to order those via taobao agent though. Could you point me to it?