It is nearly two years since I bought my 2011 6-Speed Brompton. I've been very happy with it, it saves me money, keeps me fit, and is taken everywhere I go, so don't have to worry about theft .. etc.
Is it still as good as new? No.
Here is what is currently annoying me:
1. A lot of rattling noises, I'm guessing from my Brooks B67, or suspension?
2. Them things you turn to fold and unfold, I don't know what their technical name is, they're starting to feel flimsy
3. I get it sparkling clean, but then in about 3 to 4 rides in the rain, it gets really dirty again, I'm guessing all bikes are like that, still it annoys me.
4. Many of the bolts have gone rusty
5. The Chain is in very bad condition, when you get a hold of a teeth, you can lift it off the chain ring to such a degree that the whole chain ring tooth is visible, in other words the chain has become loose. I have bought a new chain, but a friend of mine who is into Road Bikes said that I would now need to buy a new chain ring and the little rings on the back wheel too, because they have become worn and won't fit a new chain! Is this true?
Any advice you guys provide would be greatly appreciated.