new to me anyway
new to me anyway
My Cycling Log: http://www.endomondo.com/profile/202754 BikeForums Cycling Team on Endomondo: http://www.endomondo.com/teams/1747411
"It's best to remain silent and be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -- Mark Twain
I tend to fall onto the same old tune: fenders, light, luggage provisions??? Somehow designers think that the folding is the primary issue and they leave the rest to somebody else. However, the bikes are there for practical use. One would think that in Finland a lighting system and fenders could be of some importance. As far as I can see the bike lacks even eyelets for mounting fenders and/or racks.
why is it painted like a clown bike ? If it is titanium why not leave it titanium, but the welds seem to be something else than titanium alltogether I suppose ... couldnt see how it actually folds either ..well the time it takes ?
cool bike though
- Frame: Titanium 9kg,FUBi collapsible frame consisting of 7 different frame parts, loose free pivots to accommodate folding and extra diagonal part for stability, quick release on chain stay /saddle stay connection and on diagonal connection.
- Fork: FUBi fork with integrated head tube.
- Headtube: FUBi special and integrated with front fork by the bearing assembly.
- Botton bracket:No traditional bottom bracket cassette! The bottom bracket bearings are directly fitted in the frame, with a straight crank axis through.
- Derailleur: FUBi Fast Shift derailleur, 7 or 9 gears.
- Casette: 13-28t, 11-34t, 7 or 9 gears
- Saddle: Open
- Post: Open
- Handlebars: FUBi crossing and dividable handlebar.
- Brakes: Rim brakes, FUBi H type brake calipers, movable on fork to accommodate different sized rims.
- Wheels: Rim 622, tire 23-622(700x23C). Rim 584, tire 35-584. Rim 559, tire 42-559
- Hubs: FUBi hubs and without moving parts, M12 R on the right side, M10L on the left side. 36 or 32 spokes.
- Crank set: Open, 48t or 52t chain ring
it's very cool.
the innovations are: proprietary parts
the problem is: propietary parts.
but, that's also true for Dahon and Tern. let's wish them the best of luck. never know what will happen. maybe the bike doesnt make it, but the moveable brake calipers or hubs become industry standard.. all sorts of possibilities. it's reassuring that individuals continue to innovate.
Last edited by smallwheeler; 10-01-13 at 02:17 PM.
C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport/Qualifier,Dahon Speed Pro TT,Brompton S6L
Congrats on a very interesting bike! It will be most interesting to see a long term report. Enjoy!!!
It will be a kickstarter project.
OMG, that thing is funky and wonderful! I want one!
Chaad--'95 DeKerf Team SL, '02 Lemond Buenos Aires, '05 Novara Buzz, '73 Schwinn Collegiate, '06 Mountain Cycle Rumble, '09 Dahon Mariner D7, '12 Mercier Nano, '12 Breezer Venturi