Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Senior Member Still Pedaling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Motobecane MB and Brompton FB
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Nice looking bike from Japan -- Hachiko

    Does anyone know anything about this bike? Looks awesome! Does it not look a bit like a Tern?

    Someone is selling it in Candler AZ for $900.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    "It's best to remain silent and be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -- Mark Twain

  2. #2
    Senior Member bhkyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    York UK
    My Bikes
    2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others
    Posts
    2,204
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like an SSR folder?
    Not getting good bandwidth here so no zoom to read decals!!
    Dual drive Mezzo (GOLD), Dual Drive Mezzo with bullbars (black), White Brompton thingy with Dahon Androes stem and bull bars. Birdie (old sytle) 7 speed. Downtube NS8.

  3. #3
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Pedaling View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this bike? Looks awesome! Does it not look a bit like a Tern?

    Someone is selling it in Candler AZ for $900.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    appearances can be deceiving. this is a cheap chinese mass- produced bike. i've seen quite a few of these recently under different brand names. costs less than 250..

  4. #4
    Senior Member Still Pedaling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Motobecane MB and Brompton FB
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    appearances can be deceiving. this is a cheap chinese mass- produced bike. i've seen quite a few of these recently under different brand names. costs less than 250..
    You may be right on this one. Would you not agree that this is the exact same bike. The picture I posted was from a Craigslist add from Chandler AZ. This looks identical based on the location bike was placed for add.

    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...671929082.html


    And also: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/200961340013?lpid=82

    Take a look at the others advertised for $308. Same make.

    The seller is a sham for sure.


    Here's the original Craigslist add: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/4116534532.html

    Like the saying goes -- "Buyer beware"!
    Last edited by Still Pedaling; 10-09-13 at 10:01 AM.
    "It's best to remain silent and be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -- Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Pedaling View Post
    You may be right on this one.
    may be? ppppffftt. you insult me, sir!

    btw, here's a winner:

    Last edited by smallwheeler; 10-10-13 at 04:20 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member badrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those Hachiko sells for $300 in Vancouver. Ditto on cheap knock offs.
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...096015731.html

  7. #7
    Senior Member Still Pedaling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    Motobecane MB and Brompton FB
    Posts
    530
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    may be? ppppffftt. you insult me, sir!

    btw, here's a winner:


    Did I insult you? Sorry ole boy . Is that a Brompton? The add say it is, but it looks amiss though.
    "It's best to remain silent and be thought the fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt" -- Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Pedaling View Post
    Did I insult you? Sorry ole boy . Is that a Brompton? The add say it is, but it looks amiss though.
    very amiss, indeed! note the brompton logo sticker on the tube..

    it's actually a cheap bike awkwardly named "mission space genie"



    also known as the breezer i3


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno
    Posts
    652
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    very amiss, indeed! note the brompton logo sticker on the tube..

    it's actually a cheap bike awkwardly named "mission space genie"
    It "looks" like a brompton but why does the entire bike look soooo "squished"??? like with that setup you would be riding straight upright. The first pic you shown just looks like a pudgy short and fat Brompton like vehicle. heh it just looks off right away if anyone is trying to sell that as a Brompton! it's hard to fake it and sell it to serious foldies on this forum but anyone looking to put that kind of money into a folder would be doing serious research in the first place.

  10. #10
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal911 View Post
    it's hard to fake it and sell it to serious foldies on this forum but anyone looking to put that kind of money into a folder would be doing serious research in the first place.
    "sucker born every minute"

    but, we can hope...

  11. #11
    Senior Member TiBikeGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Ti Mtb, BikeE Recumbent, Cannondale H600 Hybrid,
    Posts
    343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because the brand sounds like Japanese doesn't necessary means it is made in Japan.
    Ride Safe - Be Alert, Be Seen, Be Predictable

  12. #12
    Senior Member bhkyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    York UK
    My Bikes
    2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others
    Posts
    2,204
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mission space genie can be alright. Tad heavy, simular size to a dahon curve folded, standard seatpost a bit short. But I enjoyed my upgraded one

    Ps the dual drive sash hub from this one went on to my gold mezzo.

    Ridgeback make the same bike, branded "stowaway" and I remember a post about a little weight alloy version which looked nice, and was cheap.

    Their is a thread on the mission space genie. Its ok if you want a cheap folder. It has v brakes, 135mm hub and a nice rear wheel suspension set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bhkyte; 10-11-13 at 09:48 AM.
    Dual drive Mezzo (GOLD), Dual Drive Mezzo with bullbars (black), White Brompton thingy with Dahon Androes stem and bull bars. Birdie (old sytle) 7 speed. Downtube NS8.

  13. #13
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhkyte View Post
    Mission space genie can be alright. Tad heavy, simular size to a dahon curve folded, standard seatpost a bit short. But I enjoyed my upgraded one

    Ps the dual drive sash hub from this one went on to my gold mezzo.

    Ridgeback make the same bike, branded "stowaway" and I remember a post about a little weight alloy version which looked nice, and was cheap.

    Their is a thread on the mission space genie. Its ok if you want a cheap folder. It has v brakes, 135mm hub and a nice rear wheel suspension set up.
    cool.

    i wonder if Oyama is the OEM of this bike?


  14. #14
    Senior Member darukhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago-land
    Posts
    261
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    it's actually a cheap bike awkwardly named "mission space genie"
    Oh man... that name is priceless! That doesn't sound like a bike name, rather it sounds like it would be the name of a really bad 1970's porno.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •