Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Dahon MU Uno; Giant Anthem X1; Brompton M6R
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kryptonite Evo Mini (5 or 7) - good for Bromptons? Or Series 4 Disc?

    What I do like is the color matches my orange Brompton pretty well. Although on the expensive side, it looks like it would secure my bike nicely for the few times I have to leave it alone for a couple of minutes.

    My problem is whether I should get the 5" (for weight savings) or 7" (for flexibility). There's also a matter of whether I really need them.

    Any comments would be helpful. I'm itching to order them!

  2. #2
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,711
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good. just let me know where you''ll be locking the bike.



    nerd alert:


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Dahon MU Uno; Giant Anthem X1; Brompton M6R
    Posts
    633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    sounds good. just let me know where you''ll be locking the bike.



    nerd alert:

    lol I heard they fixed this vulnerability quite a while back.

  4. #4
    PatronSaintOfDiscBrakes dynaryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    dropped and lost in Washington DC
    Posts
    5,906
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keyven View Post
    My problem is whether I should get the 5" (for weight savings) or 7" (for flexibility). There's also a matter of whether I really need them.
    The smaller lock will be easier to carry and will leave less space for prying. The longer lock will fit around more things. Depends really on how well you know where you're going to be locking. FYI,I've got a long shackle Krypto(about 11.5" on the inside) that,with some careful threading and alignment of the wheels,will go through both wheels and the frame when folded,and leaves just enough room to get around a bike rack.

    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    sounds good. just let me know where you''ll be locking the bike.
    Yeah,that hasn't been an issue for a long time now. Doesn't work on the current flat key locks,and only worked on certain years of the round keys.

    C'dale BBU('05 and '09)/Super Six/Hooligan8and 3,Kona Dew Deluxe,Novara Buzz/Safari,Surly Big Dummy,Marin Pt Reyes,Giant Defy 1,Schwinn DBX SuperSport/Qualifier,Brompton S6L,Dahon Speed Pro TT

  5. #5
    fueled by chocolate milk Fishmonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Utah
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally use a *** lock. First off, it has a real key. Secondly, the brand on it should warn bike thieves that they don't want to mess with me or my stuff.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Newark, NJ
    My Bikes
    2011 Origin 8 Bully, 2010 Dahon Silvertip, 2011 Mercier Nano, 80s Lotus 10 speed heavily modified
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmonger View Post
    I personally use a *** lock. First off, it has a real key. Secondly, the brand on it should warn bike thieves that they don't want to mess with me or my stuff.
    I love when people make coments like that, are you implying you would take a human life over your stuff? Even a bike stealing scumbag.

    What kind of *** lock are you refering to? I have not been overly impressed with *** safety cable locks I have used, all of which use like 1/8" cable they are more to stop a child and at best slow down an adult.

  7. #7
    fueled by chocolate milk Fishmonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Utah
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro
    Posts
    115
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thugpipe View Post
    I love when people make coments like that, are you implying you would take a human life over your stuff? Even a bike stealing scumbag.

    What kind of *** lock are you refering to? I have not been overly impressed with *** safety cable locks I have used, all of which use like 1/8" cable they are more to stop a child and at best slow down an adult.
    Of course not. I'm not even saying I carry a ***. But I do like to rely on people's fears and prejudices. If they think I'm a ***-waving nut, what are the chances they're going to want to find out for sure? Would you steal a bike from outside of a karate dojo? Think about it.

    I'm not talking a cable, just the U-lock that goes through the slide and handle of an unloaded ******. I have a separate cable.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Newark, NJ
    My Bikes
    2011 Origin 8 Bully, 2010 Dahon Silvertip, 2011 Mercier Nano, 80s Lotus 10 speed heavily modified
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmonger View Post
    Of course not. I'm not even saying I carry a ***. But I do like to rely on people's fears and prejudices. If they think I'm a ***-waving nut, what are the chances they're going to want to find out for sure? Would you steal a bike from outside of a karate dojo? Think about it.

    I'm not talking a cable, just the U-lock that goes through the slide and handle of an unloaded ******. I have a separate cable.
    Oh I think I know what you are talking about but isn't that like a long bail masterlock probably would be quick work with a leverage attack.

    I don't know about your town but round here it wouldn't give a theif much pause, they are a ballsey bunch. They might steal a bike handcuffed to Jean Claud Van Dam if he stood still long enough.

  9. #9
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abus chain lock hangs from my handlebars , with a toe strap to keep it from swinging.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •