Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Dahon MU Uno; Giant Anthem X1; Brompton M6R
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Dahon International Warranty - anyone know how it works?

    Like, specific to Australia or Asia? I don't see wording that says if you bought it from another part of the world, the warranty would not apply.

    I am selling my MU Uno BUT i have not signed up for the warranty (it's only a month old), so I guess the other guy can use it?

  2. #2
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    39,862
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generically ... the process starts with your Retailer , where you bought the bike ..

    And may not be transferrable ,,

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Dahon MU Uno; Giant Anthem X1; Brompton M6R
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
    Generically ... the process starts with your Retailer , where you bought the bike ..

    And may not be transferrable ,,
    Yeah I got it from an online store and it's taking them a while to reply back. Same for Dahon.

    I was hoping for a quicker answer from you knowledgeable folks here

  4. #4
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    39,862
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advantage : Brick and Mortar Dealers .. face time..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    On any given day, about 110, including ~20 folders
    Posts
    524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keyven View Post
    ... I got it from an online store and it's taking them a while to reply back. ...
    See: DAHON Bikes:*Dahon Warranty

    "This warranty only covers bicycles and components purchased through an authorized DAHON folding bike dealer and are only valid within the country in which the bicycle was purchased."

    -HANK RYAN-
    Norman, Oklahoma USA
    DISCLOSURE: I have an ownership interest in an independent bike shop that is an authorized dealer for Raleigh, Dahon, Tern & Brompton.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Dahon MU Uno; Giant Anthem X1; Brompton M6R
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HGR3inOK View Post
    See: DAHON Bikes:*Dahon Warranty

    "This warranty only covers bicycles and components purchased through an authorized DAHON folding bike dealer and are only valid within the country in which the bicycle was purchased."

    -HANK RYAN-
    Norman, Oklahoma USA
    Damn, now I see it -.-; I might have to sell it in Australia then. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •