Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Can't Re Member Nerdanel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Fernando Valley
    My Bikes
    2009 Randonee, 2014 Bike Friday NWT
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello to the World of Folding Bicycles!

    I just got the word that my Black on Black Bike Friday New World Tourist should be delivered day after tomorrow! Its name is Teesdale. (I wouldn't ordinarily name my bike, but BF offers an engraved nameplate as part of the package so I named it after the address of the house I sold to make the purchase (and other stuff, like retirement) possible. Plus I got the bike its own email address so some hypothetical honest benevolent finder could notify me without knowing who I am.) I'm stoked.

    I have until August 10 to get to know Teesdale. then I'm taking off with it for the UK, Ireland and France. Did I mention I'm stoked? I am.

    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    Dahon MU Uno; Giant Anthem X1; Brompton M6R
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdanel View Post
    I just got the word that my Black on Black Bike Friday New World Tourist should be delivered day after tomorrow! Its name is Teesdale. (I wouldn't ordinarily name my bike, but BF offers an engraved nameplate as part of the package so I named it after the address of the house I sold to make the purchase (and other stuff, like retirement) possible. Plus I got the bike its own email address so some hypothetical honest benevolent finder could notify me without knowing who I am.) I'm stoked.

    I have until August 10 to get to know Teesdale. then I'm taking off with it for the UK, Ireland and France. Did I mention I'm stoked? I am.

    Sounds like you guys are gonna be best buddies forever . You've inspired me to name my Brompton as well. I'm gonna refer to it as "Master B Rom" in future.
    Last edited by keyven; 05-28-14 at 06:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    My Bikes
    Dahon Mu Uno '14 - Black / Giant Boulder '06
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dahon Mu Uno will henceforth be known as 'Muno'.

  4. #4
    Senior Member browngw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Port Dover Ontario Canada
    My Bikes
    1976 SuperCycle Excalibur,1980 Raleigh Record, 2014 Salsa Vaya, 2010 Giant Cypress, 2012 Giant Halfway Folder
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meet "Lefty" (see fork), my Giant Halfway.
    We are what we reflect. We are the changes that we bring to this world. Ride often. -Geo.-

  5. #5
    Part-time epistemologist invisiblehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Jamis Nova, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Haluzak Horizon, Salsa La Raza, Hollands Tourer, Bike Friday tikit
    Posts
    5,164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Congratulations on joining the fold.

  6. #6
    Part-time epistemologist invisiblehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Jamis Nova, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Haluzak Horizon, Salsa La Raza, Hollands Tourer, Bike Friday tikit
    Posts
    5,164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by browngw View Post
    Meet "Lefty" (see fork), my Giant Halfway.
    Interesting. I'd expect the fork to be on the other side ... a righty. Do you spin it around before folding?

    Decided to do a quick search ... Giant has models on the left and right.

    Halfway 1 (2012) | Giant Bicycles / Fahrrads | Österreich

  7. #7
    Senior Member browngw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Port Dover Ontario Canada
    My Bikes
    1976 SuperCycle Excalibur,1980 Raleigh Record, 2014 Salsa Vaya, 2010 Giant Cypress, 2012 Giant Halfway Folder
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblehand View Post
    Interesting. I'd expect the fork to be on the other side ... a righty. Do you spin it around before folding?
    It is actually kind of a "zee" motion so the two open frame sides can clip together.

    We are what we reflect. We are the changes that we bring to this world. Ride often. -Geo.-

  8. #8
    Can't Re Member Nerdanel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Fernando Valley
    My Bikes
    2009 Randonee, 2014 Bike Friday NWT
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's arrived! The Fedex stork has brought my bike! Unfortunately I'm out of town for the week so she's cooling her wheels in a box at home.

    And thanks for the welcome, all. So, MrSingh, now you have a Folder and a Boulder!
    Last edited by Nerdanel; 05-29-14 at 08:29 PM.
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    My Bikes
    Electra rally sport
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should ride round TEESDALE When ya get to the UK! Gainford, The Barn House B&B and Holiday Cottage, Teesdale, Southwest Durham

  10. #10
    Can't Re Member Nerdanel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Fernando Valley
    My Bikes
    2009 Randonee, 2014 Bike Friday NWT
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzie View Post
    Maybe you should ride round TEESDALE When ya get to the UK! Gainford, The Barn House B&B and Holiday Cottage, Teesdale, Southwest Durham
    Cool, dezzie. Thanks!
    Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •