Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Folding Bikes (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/)
-   -   Breezer i3/Oyama/Space Genie Parts? (http://www.bikeforums.net/folding-bikes/961621-breezer-i3-oyama-space-genie-parts.html)

jcrider 07-25-14 01:10 PM

Breezer i3/Oyama/Space Genie Parts?
 
I recently purchased a used Breezer i3 (which is the same as the Oyama TFD-1605D or the Oyama Space Genie).

It is missing the rubber shock absorber and the seat post. Does anyone know where I could purchase such?

I asked Breezer, but they are under new ownership and do not carry the i3 or its parts. I have emailed Oyama and their Canadian distributor (I am in the US, but could not find a US distributor) but am not sure that my emails will be appropriately delivered.

Any ideas for parts or work-arounds? Many thanks.

bhkyte 07-25-14 03:54 PM

Rubber sock could be replaced with a door stopper etc. The seat post is too short in standard form. I would consider a telescopic one off ebay of the correct diameter.

bike.gang.uk 07-25-14 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrider (Post 16974074)
I recently purchased a used Breezer i3 (which is the same as the Oyama TFD-1605D or the Oyama Space Genie).
............................
Any ideas for parts or work-arounds? Many thanks.

Couldn't find any related part on Taobao (China Ebay), so I asked my colleague in Taiwan to call Oyama HQ. The factory is off for the weekend. Will try later and keep you posted.

bike.gang.uk 07-28-14 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrider (Post 16974074)
I recently purchased a used Breezer i3 (which is the same as the Oyama TFD-1605D or the Oyama Space Genie)

................
Any ideas for parts or work-arounds? Many thanks.

Oyama Industrial Co., Ltd. --- Folding_Bike ( Special Fold / TFD-1605D )

Report:
Called just now, Miss Yang from Oyama Industry replied that they will need couple days to find these parts if they are still in inventory (TFD-1605D was no longer in production for quite a while, and they must have a really HUGE warehouse for all the parts), she will reply back in email after that and also quote the price.

Please confirm the bike in above link is the same as your Breezer i3.

jcrider 07-29-14 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bike.gang.uk (Post 16980878)
Oyama Industrial Co., Ltd. --- Folding_Bike ( Special Fold / TFD-1605D )

Report:
Called just now, Miss Yang from Oyama Industry replied that they will need couple days to find these parts if they are still in inventory (TFD-1605D was no longer in production for quite a while, and they must have a really HUGE warehouse for all the parts), she will reply back in email after that and also quote the price.

Please confirm the bike in above link is the same as your Breezer i3.

Wow, thank you for the kind effort. Yes, the Breezer i3 appears to be the same as the TFD-1605D. Many thanks again

jcrider 07-29-14 11:30 AM

And thanks to bhkyte for his informed suggestions. Though I am new to posting, I always enjoy his posts showing his bike builds.

bike.gang.uk 07-30-14 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrider (Post 16985692)
Wow, thank you for the kind effort. Yes, the Breezer i3 appears to be the same as the TFD-1605D. Many thanks again

Latest update : Miss Yang did find the rear shock in their warehouse, but she needs the VP to approve its usability (what the ...), he won't be back end of the weekend. Seat post isn't there, but they can add it in the order to their supplier next batch. Anyway, they will issue the quote on Monday. Fingers crossed.

bike.gang.uk 08-04-14 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrider (Post 16985692)
Wow, thank you for the kind effort. Yes, the Breezer i3 appears to be the same as the TFD-1605D. Many thanks again

Ok we got some answers back from Miss Yang, they have ordered the seat post, it will arrive couple of weeks later. The quote for this rear shock and seat post will be around 12 USD and the shipping will be around 15 USD for 4-6 days EMS package (I am not 100% sure if the seat post exceeds the length limit). So roughly 30 bucks and you will have them in couple of weeks.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 AM.