Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Professional Fuss-Budget Bacciagalupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,307
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    So... What's New?

    It's been many a moon since I've switched to 700c. Overall I'm happy with my current stable, but it's not very convenient for traveling with a bike, notably flights.

    So, I'm looking at a 20" folder again, for touring purposes, and also for relaxed rides when speed is not particularly important. Mostly light touring on pavement with panniers; if I ever need to haul lots of stuff I'd probably use a trailer. Low gears, drop bars, standard parts (preferably 105-level quality), can fit into a big Samsonite Oyster.

    Before I order a Bike Friday is there anything else / anything new I should be looking at?

  2. #2
    Part-time epistemologist invisiblehand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    My Bikes
    Jamis Nova, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Haluzak Horizon, Salsa La Raza, Hollands Tourer, Bike Friday tikit
    Posts
    5,171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moulton/Pashley comes in 20" sizes.

    MOULTON Bicycle Company

    Pacific Cycles Reach

    IF Reach folding bicycle by Pacific Cycles

  3. #3
    Bike Junkie aadhils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    My Bikes
    Orange Brompton M3L; Milwaukee Bicycle Co. Fixie (Eddy Orange)
    Posts
    1,585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving my Brompton! It's just so convenient and fits under my desk at work

  4. #4
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    39,847
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Own a brompton M3L + Swiss mountain drive 2 spd crank .. hills no problem ..

    within BiFri
    Silk (opt belt drive-alfine Di2)/ Rohloff , aftermarket Aussie servo shift, via buttons..

    or pocket rockets and any drivetrain you are willing to pay for..

    [My BiFri, I optd for a Pocket Llama, someone else's BTO]
    Last edited by fietsbob; 08-19-14 at 06:13 PM.

  5. #5
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,143
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get yourself a nice Ti Swift. Better than any 700c roadie.

    My folding bike photo essays www.dekter.net/

  6. #6
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,677
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacciagalupe View Post
    It's been many a moon since I've switched to 700c. Overall I'm happy with my current stable, but it's not very convenient for traveling with a bike, notably flights.

    So, I'm looking at a 20" folder again, for touring purposes, and also for relaxed rides when speed is not particularly important. Mostly light touring on pavement with panniers; if I ever need to haul lots of stuff I'd probably use a trailer. Low gears, drop bars, standard parts (preferably 105-level quality), can fit into a big Samsonite Oyster.

    Before I order a Bike Friday is there anything else / anything new I should be looking at?
    just order the bike friday. hehe. the question is.. which one?

  7. #7
    Senior Member smallwheeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,677
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jur View Post
    Get yourself a nice Ti Swift. Better than any 700c roadie.

    please get this professionally photographed before you ding it. it will happen eventually, you know.

    hmm, is that a scratch i see on the chainstay?


  8. #8
    jur
    jur is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,143
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smallwheeler View Post
    please get this professionally photographed before you ding it. it will happen eventually, you know.

    hmm, is that a scratch i see on the chainstay?

    heh yes I know what you mean. ☺
    I am waiting for the Ti chainrings to arrive. Then off to the photographer.
    My folding bike photo essays www.dekter.net/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •