As was introduced by bike.gang.uk on another thread, a new titanium folder is due on the market:
Helix - The World's Best Folding Bike
I'm likely to pre-order one, a few factors depending, as it looks like it might suit my needs exactly.
What I like:
- Plenty of tire choices in the 507 ETRTO -- provided a Big Apple will fit. Kojak? Check. Studded for winter? Check.
- The fold -- doesn't look as fast my Brompton, but fast enough.
- Disk Brakes
- Mounts for fenders and racks
Concerns (aside from it being a new company stuff):
- The tiny chainring -- looks like it's necessary to clear the fold
- Is the design achievable at that price-point? (Given the costs of Jur's Titanium Swift)
- Flat Bars. I hate flat bars.
If mated with with a Sturmey-Archer CS-RK3, the chainring would be less of an issue..
It looks like you could fit other bars no problem, but it would make the fold wider.
All in all, a very impressive bike -- if they can get it in at that price...
Also, Hi Bike Forums. I've missed you.