Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Evil Genius capsicum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sumner, WA
    My Bikes
    '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
    Posts
    1,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The landscape is comeing to life.

    These should take about one minute each on a 28K modem.(they are as small as I could get without significant loss)

    So a bit of photoshop practice making a decent panarama from my P.O.S. digital cam. This is my front yard veiwed from my front door, Sunday May 8th 2005. I planted most of it and the lawn about 14 months ago. The other part is 10-15 years old. The large red flowered bush on the right is about 6 feet high, for a scale referance.(it's a rhodedendron)


    And a Zoomed in bit.
    "Data is not the plural form of annecdote."
    "yuo ned to be deadurcated"

  2. #2
    NEVER WALK A HILL cycleprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Texas
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe Specialized Dolce Vita Multi Sport
    Posts
    1,184
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful!! You have a talent for sure. Little green monster peeking up!!! I do not have a green thumb at all. I got a plant for Mother's Day from a friend of mine and she said, and you can plant it in your front yard. Yeah, right...
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

    T. S. Elliot

  3. #3
    Canon fiend MadMan2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    old peugot frankenbike
    Posts
    3,915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those panoramic shots are really tricky. I don't even bother, I tried a few and they never turned out too well.

    Very nice looking yard, how about a pic from the street?

  4. #4
    Evil Genius capsicum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sumner, WA
    My Bikes
    '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
    Posts
    1,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I designed it for the house, not the street. But if I get a bit more time this week sure.
    "Data is not the plural form of annecdote."
    "yuo ned to be deadurcated"

  5. #5
    Guest
    Guest
    Nice!

    I love gardens. I've never had one because I've been apartment hopping, but I have the perfect wild garden in mind when I finally do get my own house. Until then, I just live with indoor container gardens.

    Good work, dood!

    Koffee

  6. #6
    Sore saddle cyclist Shifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Posts
    3,771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice rhoadies, and they are just getting started, got to love spring in the PNW
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

  7. #7
    the dog ate my earbuds KirkeIsWaiting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    My Bikes
    '05 Litespeed Siena Campy, Bridgestone X03 , Peugeot dream bike gets FIXED, Waterford Campy Record Colbalto, Motobecane Tandem in perfect condition, A Belgium made Bertin that was sent by an angel
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on my ride this morning....
    quick shot of one of the properties I designed and built last year.
    The tulips and columbine are just coming into bloom.

  8. #8
    Sore saddle cyclist Shifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Posts
    3,771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkeIsWaiting
    on my ride this morning....
    quick shot of one of the properties I designed and built last year.
    The tulips and columbine are just coming into bloom.
    Nice colors, great job!
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

  9. #9
    the dog ate my earbuds KirkeIsWaiting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    My Bikes
    '05 Litespeed Siena Campy, Bridgestone X03 , Peugeot dream bike gets FIXED, Waterford Campy Record Colbalto, Motobecane Tandem in perfect condition, A Belgium made Bertin that was sent by an angel
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty
    Nice colors, great job!

    thanks!
    off the make the world a more beautiful place...one garden at a time.

  10. #10
    Sore saddle cyclist Shifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Posts
    3,771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkeIsWaiting
    thanks!
    off the make the world a more beautiful place...one garden at a time.
    So, just wondering what comes in after the tullips? I plant nastursiums (seed the bed) right when the bulbs are budding, they continue to frost, and they look good in the salad bowl too.
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

  11. #11
    the dog ate my earbuds KirkeIsWaiting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    My Bikes
    '05 Litespeed Siena Campy, Bridgestone X03 , Peugeot dream bike gets FIXED, Waterford Campy Record Colbalto, Motobecane Tandem in perfect condition, A Belgium made Bertin that was sent by an angel
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty
    So, just wondering what comes in after the tullips? I plant nastursiums (seed the bed) right when the bulbs are budding, they continue to frost, and they look good in the salad bowl too.
    Most of my gardens are beach front properties. Can be difficult and delicate to plant, with almost no deciduous trees.
    Iris, peony, lupine, delphinium, foxglove, poppies, centurium, dianthus, hollyhock, zebrina - may blooming perennials. Summer bulbs, dahilias, lilies. Late perennials. And I begin planting masses of summer annuals- zinnias, petunias, cosmos, portulacca, cleome, phlox, gerbera, lobelia, verbenas. The last week in May I begin planting tropicals- hibiscus, dipledenia, jasmine, mandevilla, palms.
    kinda goes like that....oh and every proper english or cottage garden must contain roses, hydrangea and
    clematis.

    I eat arugula with my nastursiums. and a lovely brunello.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Okanagan Valley, BC
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capsicum
    These should take about one minute each on a 28K modem.(they are as small as I could get without significant loss)

    So a bit of photoshop practice making a decent panarama from my P.O.S. digital cam. This is my front yard veiwed from my front door, Sunday May 8th 2005. I planted most of it and the lawn about 14 months ago. The other part is 10-15 years old. The large red flowered bush on the right is about 6 feet high, for a scale referance.(it's a rhodedendron)


    And a Zoomed in bit.
    Very nice. You are about - two and a half weeks ahead of us in southern BC. Soon enough though.

    I have to replace the liner in the pool this year so haven't started the pump and filter running yet - it is now a really nice shade of green - much like your lawn! I could take a picture of that! .....

  13. #13
    Evil Genius capsicum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sumner, WA
    My Bikes
    '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
    Posts
    1,529
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanybikes
    Very nice. You are about - two and a half weeks ahead of us in southern BC. Soon enough though.

    I have to replace the liner in the pool this year so haven't started the pump and filter running yet - it is now a really nice shade of green - much like your lawn! I could take a picture of that! .....
    Don't judge the time by the Rhodies, there are varieties around here that bloom in mid march, others in June, and everywhere in between. I have one that has lost most it's flowers already and another that just has it's buds breaking open.

    Or are you going by the trees?
    "Data is not the plural form of annecdote."
    "yuo ned to be deadurcated"

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Okanagan Valley, BC
    My Bikes
    Too Many
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capsicum
    Don't judge the time by the Rhodies, there are varieties around here that bloom in mid march, others in June, and everywhere in between. I have one that has lost most it's flowers already and another that just has it's buds breaking open.

    Or are you going by the trees?
    Trees, we can't really grow rhodies successfully here, pretty much a desert. We are basically straight north of Wenatchee in the Okanagan VAlley, pretty HOT and DRY.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •