Okay, I have let the digital world slip by me.
I used to keep up, and, in fact, was one of the first kids on the block when I bought my first Morrow computer in 1980.
Somewhere, things got away from me, and I find I am a total neophyte around these things.
I do a google, and come up with about 50 million different types of MP3 player. I want one I can sit on the trainer at home or the gym and listen to stuff on.
Is there an EASY (non technical) resource?
Some of my questions:
1. How (and from where) would one download music that might be played in an MP3 player? Is there a wide variety of music that might appeal to someone in their 60's?
2. Are these downloads legally free, or do you pay?
3. How would you get that download into an MP3 player? Are there different ways, or are they all the same?
4. What are the differences in MP3 players. I see them from $19.00 to several hundred dollars. Why would I pay a lot of money for one?
5. I hear about the Apple IPod, and that is isn't compatible with other stuff, and vice versa.
6. What about storage and knowing what song you are playing? I don't see a need for 10,000 songs. Ten or twenty would be fine. How do you organize the songs and select?
I use Windows XP and Windows Media Player.
Can anyone educate me in terms I might understand.
"Still making utensils from rocks!"