I got a job offer from a place about two weeks ago, I was about to call to let them know I was really interested (I am) and tell them I might need a little more time cause I'm interviewing with a few more places, one in particular I'm also really interested in, when they called me today to check on my status. Although they were very nice and polite, they said they would normally rescind the offer by this time but will give me another week to decide, since I'm still in school.
Pretty much everyone I know is telling to take the offer, and if something better comes along, like the other job I just interviewed at (which may or may not have a higher salary, but will give me better experience, I think) I can just back out.
What do you think, just take it (I'm about to just so I know have a job secured after graduation) or what, I dunno. I think I'd feel like a major dick if I backed out of a job commitment, which might haunt me down the road... But at the same time, you'd think the company knows I'm still and school, am very naive, wet behind the ears, etc etc and don't know nothing from nothin.