Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    coffee bean grinder grinderbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    526
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    oh ?!@$ france just scored a penalty kick. DAMN!

    !@#$

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but how does that tie in with road cycling?

  3. #3
    RacingBear UmneyDurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    7,904
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukawa
    Yeah, but how does that tie in with road cycling?
    If you look really closely there is a brand new Italian bike, behind the net.
    I see hills.... Bring them on!!!
    Stay calm and bring a towel.

  4. #4
    Senior Member 55/Rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Seven Axiom
    Posts
    11,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UmneyDurak
    If you look really closely there is a brand new Italian bike, behind the net.
    Ummm - that's a French bike. From a tiny village in the Northern region. Learn your bikes pal. (insert smiley here)

    55/Rad

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukawa
    Yeah, but how does that tie in with road cycling?
    No Kidding. Soccer is gay! At least in the NFL, you will see the players riding a trainer on the sidelines to keep the legs loose and warm!!

    Come on Football season!

  6. #6
    . botto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    40,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /\ /\ /\ i guess grammar school's out for the summer

  7. #7
    Cat None SDRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    LOOK KG 461, LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er 0
    Posts
    4,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast
    No Kidding. Soccer is gay! At least in the NFL, you will see the players riding a trainer on the sidelines to keep the legs loose and warm!!

    Come on Football season!
    Soccer players generally play the entire 90 minute match with only one break at halftime. Italy's last two games each went 120 minutes with most of the same players on the field the entire time.

    Did you know that Soccer is the most popular sporting event in the entire world? I'll give you guess which sport is number 2...hint, it isn't NFL football.

  8. #8
    RacingBear UmneyDurak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    7,904
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 55/Rad
    Ummm - that's a French bike. From a tiny village in the Northern region. Learn your bikes pal. (insert smiley here)

    55/Rad
    You are right ofcourse, it was a French bike.
    I see hills.... Bring them on!!!
    Stay calm and bring a towel.

  9. #9
    Elite Fred mollusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Edge City
    My Bikes
    2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son
    Posts
    10,537
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't grow up playing the game, but I have learned a little bit about it since one of my brother-in-laws was at one time the #1 rated junior goalie in Italy. He must have been dying today because he was trapped in a car and had to listen to the match on radio and only got home to watch during the first overtime.
    I'm the world's forgotten boy. The one who's searchin', searchin' to destroy.

  10. #10
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast
    No Kidding. Soccer is gay! At least in the NFL, you will see the players riding a trainer on the sidelines to keep the legs loose and warm!!

    Come on Football season!
    You really aren't too fast.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDRider
    Soccer players generally play the entire 90 minute match with only one break at halftime. Italy's last two games each went 120 minutes with most of the same players on the field the entire time.

    Did you know that Soccer is the most popular sporting event in the entire world? I'll give you guess which sport is number 2...hint, it isn't NFL football.
    Hi, I'm not sure if you mean on single event or the sport as a whole but I'm guessing Formula 1 with an audience of 300 millions.

  12. #12
    Cat None SDRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    LOOK KG 461, LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er 0
    Posts
    4,508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schumionbike
    Hi, I'm not sure if you mean on single event or the sport as a whole but I'm guessing Formula 1 with an audience of 300 millions.
    Correct.

  13. #13
    Rubber Side Down soccerismylife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    2005 Felt B2 TT Bike, 2005 Trek 2100, 2001 Fuji Finest AL
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Formula 1 have the largest TV audience? Maybe (I trust your word on it). But soccer is still the most popular sport in the world. Going by TV ratings isn't exactly a good measurement, after all, how many people in Ghana have a TV? Or Brazil? Yet, there are still thousands in their countries that love soccer.

    Just an observation (not an arguement.)
    "Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike, busting my ass, six hours a day. What are you on?"
    -Lance Armstrong

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    471
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voltman
    You really aren't too fast.
    you are correct, I am not too fast! But having lived in Madrid Spain for 2 years, and Napoli (Naples) Italy for 2 years, I have seen plenty of Soccer games, and still prefer American Football.

    Only good thing about the soccer game today was the HEADBUTT to the chest!

  15. #15
    Burning Matches. ElJamoquio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Le Champion SL, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    9,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your least favorite country - Italy or France?



    Sorry, couldn't resist....

  16. #16
    LSU Alum jameyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    TX
    My Bikes
    2006 Trek 2100D - 2005 Giant NRS - 2004.5 Giant Suede
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerismylife
    Does Formula 1 have the largest TV audience? Maybe (I trust your word on it). But soccer is still the most popular sport in the world. Going by TV ratings isn't exactly a good measurement, after all, how many people in Ghana have a TV? Or Brazil? Yet, there are still thousands in their countries that love soccer.

    Just an observation (not an arguement.)
    The original poster said Soccer is #1 and Formula 1 is #2. There were 1 billion people watching the match today. I was #675,324,345!
    Please consider supporting my efforts to help those with MS. -<>- jbj2

  17. #17
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast
    you are correct, I am not too fast! But having lived in Madrid Spain for 2 years, and Napoli (Naples) Italy for 2 years, I have seen plenty of Soccer games, and still prefer American Football.

    Only good thing about the soccer game today was the HEADBUTT to the chest!
    I find a lot of ****-erotic overtones in NFL and sports like rugby. The tight-fitting uniforms, the quarterback grabbing the ball from between the other player's legs and all the patting of behinds. Presumably they'd kiss each other after a touchdown if they weren't wearing helmets.

    Are there many openly gay NFL players?

  18. #18
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jameyj
    The original poster said Soccer is #1 and Formula 1 is #2. There were 1 billion people watching the match today. I was #675,324,345!

    They reckon 800 million watch the superbowl but I find that hard to believe as the only people I know who watch it are Americans and there's only 300 million of those.

    Are there any non-Americans here who watch superbowl?

  19. #19
    Burning Matches. ElJamoquio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Le Champion SL, Cervelo P2SL
    Posts
    9,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey
    Are there many openly gay NFL players?
    Are there any that *aren't* gay?




    To actually answer your question, no, there aren't any openly gay NFL players that I'm aware of. There was one a couple of years back, if memory serves, who came out a couple of years after he retired.

  20. #20
    J E R S E Y S B E S T Jerseysbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    1,852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey
    I find a lot of ****-erotic overtones in NFL and sports like rugby. The tight-fitting uniforms, the quarterback grabbing the ball from between the other player's legs and all the patting of behinds. Presumably they'd kiss each other after a touchdown if they weren't wearing helmets.

    Are there many openly gay NFL players?

    Troll!!!

    Ahhh, troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SingingSabre View Post
    Cheating: a symptom of the problem.

  21. #21
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysbest
    Troll!!!

    Ahhh, troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gesundheit.

  22. #22
    later free_pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast
    At least in the NFL, you will see the players riding a trainer on the sidelines to keep the legs loose and warm!!
    True, how else are those fat bastards going to get exercise? They sure dont get it from the 4 seconds of running.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •