Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    Specialized Member ChAnMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I live in a small town
    My Bikes
    2004 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    A leg Shaving Thread in the FOO!!??

    well i just shaved my legs for the first time., but it had nothing to do with cycling so i figured id start a new leg shaving thread in the foo instead of dragging up some acient one in GC.

    how many of you "guys" have shaved your legs simply because you wanted to... But not because of cycling?

    my girlfriend was cool with it so i just did it....though if anyone asks im going with the i ride bikes shpeel.
    You can never be too Specialized
    Click here if any of the following apply to you:
    1 You dont like Specialized, 2 You drive a SUV, 3 Your name is George Bush

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shave my legs above my knees. The sucky part is the little red sores you get the first time you do it.

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhhhh. They looked pretty dang hairy the last time I checked, Pheard.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
    Uhhhh. They looked pretty dang hairy the last time I checked, Pheard.....
    Why don't you line up that moustache and leave the big boys alone.

  5. #5
    Specialized Member ChAnMaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I live in a small town
    My Bikes
    2004 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    I shave my legs above my knees. The sucky part is the little red sores you get the first time you do it.
    havnt noticed any rash or marks.......but my legs are also like uber tan
    You can never be too Specialized
    Click here if any of the following apply to you:
    1 You dont like Specialized, 2 You drive a SUV, 3 Your name is George Bush

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChAnMaN
    havnt noticed any rash or marks.......but my legs are also like uber tan
    Sometimes when you shave with shaving cream, it leaves a little red bump afterwards. If I use the electronic shaver is works out better lol.

  7. #7
    Perpetually dropped Usetacould's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Abingdon, VA
    My Bikes
    Univega Modo Volare and Cannondale F600 mtn bike
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    I shave my legs above my knees. The sucky part is the little red sores you get the first time you do it.
    So you have hairy calves and smooth ?

  8. #8
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    Why don't you line up that moustache and leave the big boys alone.

    I swear I used duct tape that day....
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  9. #9
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started shaving mine again this past winter because my skin was so dry my legs were always itching. It made a world of difference.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

  10. #10
    staring at the mountains superdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    1x9 mtb commuter, Blue Racing Ac4AL w/Record, Scattante Al w/Centaur/Veloce mix, Bianchi CUSS, Kona Paddy Wagon SS
    Posts
    3,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    negatory, good buddy.

  11. #11
    Recumbent Ninja
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first is the shaving off-season, next it's the silky panties...Next thing you know youre in some dive doing Dolly Parton impressions and waiting in line for glory holes!

    I just say no to leg shaving.

  12. #12
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aikigreg
    first is the shaving off-season, next it's the silky panties...Next thing you know youre in some dive doing Dolly Parton impressions and waiting in line for glory holes!

    I just say no to leg shaving.

    You say it like it's a BAD thing.

  13. #13
    mac
    mac is offline
    They see me rollin' mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale T2000
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChAnMaN
    how many of you "guys" have shaved your legs simply because you wanted to... But not because of cycling?
    I shave my body head to toe, except for my eyebrows, and stay a lot cooler in the summer. My friend said she wants to take me to a salon to get my eyebrows waxed.

    It's funny though, when I would get on the football field and my teammates were like WTF dude, you shave your legs? And I'd be like, yeah, WTF are you looking at my legs for? You want me to pound you into the ground? The ladies like it, though - the ones that don't like being with a monkey leaving hair all over the place.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mac
    I shave my body head to toe, except for my eyebrows, and stay a lot cooler in the summer. My friend said she wants to take me to a salon to get my eyebrows waxed.

    It's funny though, when I would get on the football field and my teammates were like WTF dude, you shave your legs? And I'd be like, yeah, WTF are you looking at my legs for? You want me to pound you into the ground? The ladies like it, though - the ones that don't like being with a monkey leaving hair all over the place.
    How do you get the butt crack? I can't reach it

    I shave everything except below my knee and my arms. What do you use? I've heard nair is nice

  15. #15
    later free_pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont shave anywhere but my face, and if anyone has seen pictures of me, i rarely shave that either.

  16. #16
    Mostly Harmless Dead Extra #2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sittin' on a bench at the railway station, one toke over the line.
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR1, Giant ATX760, Raleigh Retroglide Seven
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monogodo
    I started shaving mine again this past winter because my skin was so dry my legs were always itching. It made a world of difference.
    Is your name Dan?
    --
    If your relationship still works, you could be training harder.

  17. #17
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaving is sexy...but I like smoothness. Hey...if girls are expected to shave all the time, why not the men? Smoothness all around!

  18. #18
    staring at the mountains superdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    1x9 mtb commuter, Blue Racing Ac4AL w/Record, Scattante Al w/Centaur/Veloce mix, Bianchi CUSS, Kona Paddy Wagon SS
    Posts
    3,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadiyah
    Shaving is sexy...but I like smoothness. Hey...if girls are expected to shave all the time, why not the men? Smoothness all around!

    heh, lately I've been on the other end of that -- "hey I do it, why don't you?"

  19. #19
    Senior Member Crono's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Inay ethay east bay
    My Bikes
    A red one and a black one
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the purpose? Hair can't create THAT much drag, can it? (enlighten me, someone)

    Anyway, I think I can use what little hair I have on my legs (damn filipino genes) to cover up my bashed shins. Besides, if I shaved I think my family would disown me.

  20. #20
    mac
    mac is offline
    They see me rollin' mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale T2000
    Posts
    785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hair itches. It traps in sweat which is a haven for bacteria - hence body odor. Some cultures, like the French, enjoy that smell. (We all remember our high school French teacher. Ewww!) Most of us don't. And, if you have any, it also allows you to show off your muscle tone.

  21. #21
    staring at the mountains superdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    1x9 mtb commuter, Blue Racing Ac4AL w/Record, Scattante Al w/Centaur/Veloce mix, Bianchi CUSS, Kona Paddy Wagon SS
    Posts
    3,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    What's the purpose? Hair can't create THAT much drag, can it? (enlighten me, someone)

    Anyway, I think I can use what little hair I have on my legs (damn filipino genes) to cover up my bashed shins. Besides, if I shaved I think my family would disown me.
    Two reasons:
    1) Road rash is easier to deal with (hair==friction and when you're sliding along the pavement, OOOWWWW)
    2) Massages are easier

  22. #22
    Senior Member Crono's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Inay ethay east bay
    My Bikes
    A red one and a black one
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *looks down at legs*

    Yep, not enough hair down to warrant shaving.

  23. #23
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skin on skin contact is much yummier when it is with soft and smooth skin. IMO. Smooth, slippery, sliding, yum!

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said before, any tips for non red bump shaving? like nair?

    Personally I agree with shadiyah, chest hair and back hair is nasty. Also, if the sun doesn't hit it, it should go too. If you get what I mean.

  25. #25
    KombuchaCHIC Shadiyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SLC,UT
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Juliana, 2005 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet almond oil is supposed to work good for razor rash. I also heard applying deodorant right after shaving, but this is usually just for *ahem* personal areas. I have some sea salt spray that I got for a piercing that I've sprayed on after shaving and that works pretty good too. Never tried waxing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •