Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I always get in trouble for the things I say.

    The guy came today to fix the door to my walk-in. It is coming off of the hinges and is heavy. This door has to put up with the stresses of the forklift and I swear it wasn't me that broke it. Anyway - this is the 5th time the guy had to come out and I wasn't too happy. Obviously the bolts are not long enough.

    Him: You called for a door repair?
    Me: Yes, it's falling off here *points* and last time it hit me in the head. Can you please find a way to get bigger bolts because I think the inside is all ratty from all of the attempts to repair it.
    Him: Sure. (he leaves)

    He passes me with new bolts, checks out the door then passes me again, with the bolts in his hand. So I shout across to him across the lobby (I'm on a ladder now)~

    Me: So your thing wasn't long enough for that hole?
    Him: Nope
    Me: Well you better get longer ones because I want it to go in deeper. I don't want to have to call you out here again just for a screw!
    Him: I'm going now to get ones that will fit and I won't leave until you're happy. I promise.
    Me: Thank you, I appreciate it! I'll meet you in the back! *waving thanks*

    It is then that I realize that everyone around me is staring.


    Edit: I forgot to add that I wanted to hear if you ever said something that got you into trouble too.
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 09-22-06 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  2. #2
    Unique Vintage Steel cuda2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Allen, TX
    My Bikes
    Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
    Posts
    11,487
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops! Got to love when you say something like that, especially if its an extended part of a conversation, that can be taken oh so wrong.
    [CENTER][URL="http://VeloBase.com"][IMG]http://velobase.com/App_Themes/VeloBase2_blue/Images/VeloBase2TitleCampagnolo.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://JonPFischer.com"][COLOR="#006400"]Fischer Photography[/COLOR][/URL] - [URL="http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/785462-My-new-modern-quot-Classic-quot-Kirk-JKS-Classic-Terraplane"][COLOR="#8b0000"]Kirk Frameworks JKS-Classic Build Thread[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Senior Member dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it...

  4. #4
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh good then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  5. #5
    MegadetH
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    My Bikes
    Brodie Omega
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, your door is falling off!

  6. #6
    riding once again jschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    '06 Cervelo R3, '05 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    7,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you notice this notice then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

  7. #7
    Forum Admin lotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    n.w. superdrome
    My Bikes
    1 trek, serotta, rih, de Reus, Pogliaghi and finally a Zieleman! and got a DeRosa
    Posts
    17,643
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potm !!!!!
    Sono più lento di quel che sembra.
    Odio la gente, tutti.

    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Want to upgrade your membership? Click Here.

  8. #8
    oh, snap. Flippin Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    the motherland.
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siu, that's hilarious. And unlike me, you were totally sober when you said it...
    Last edited by Flippin Sweet; 09-22-06 at 07:44 PM.
    Hi. I don't think we've been introduced. I'm awesome.

  9. #9
    Hazardous Taerom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Quarantine
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Nicely done.

  10. #10
    Warrior Cyclist cycle17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Davis, CA
    My Bikes
    07 Madone SL, 06 Madone 5.5 & 04 5500
    Posts
    1,548
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stomach hurts from laughing! That is too freakin funny. And it's a real situation! Priceless!
    Just Do It..

  11. #11
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh.. that was hilarious!!!

  12. #12
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, if I'm understanting you correctly... You want long things that go in deeper. You want them bigger because the inside is all ratty. And you want serviced for more than just a screw.

    Is that about it?


  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's funny! The only thing that ever get me in trouble is my darn accent, I told you guys this before.
    I went to my LBS to see what was wrong with my cleats... but I realise I didnt prononce it well, when the guys stopped working on the bikes and looked at me
    yeah.... I laughed embaressed all the way home in my car..

  14. #14
    Tiocfáidh ár Lá jfmckenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The edge of b#
    My Bikes
    A whole bunch-a bikes.
    Posts
    5,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ha HA that is funny. When ever my girl friend and I are doing house projects like that I always find the opportunity to make the classic, "thats what she said" joke. In college I used to do construction jobs in the summer and it was a common occurance, something about the way mechanics works I guess. I am sure your 'guy' had a nice chuckle.

    Me? No I never say anything wrong

  15. #15
    It's all good!!! Hambone40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    My Bikes
    2006 Stumpjumper, 2005 Hardrock Sigle Speed, 2002 Trek 2000 Road Bike, 2007 Stumpjumper Hardtail
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    that's funny! The only thing that ever get me in trouble is my darn accent, I told you guys this before.
    I went to my LBS to see what was wrong with my cleats... but I realise I didnt prononce it well, when the guys stopped working on the bikes and looked at me
    yeah.... I laughed embaressed all the way home in my car..

    It does suck when those things don't function like they are designed to function. Did your LBS solve the problem? If so, you REALLY like bikes.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Nachoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Point Loma, CA
    My Bikes
    Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)
    Posts
    12,968
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. But as long as you were talking about screws and bolts, I'm surprised you didn't talk about his nuts too.
    .
    .

    Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.

  17. #17
    OMG! i'm a DURT gurl!!!! caligurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    HOT, sunny socal desert
    My Bikes
    2007 specialized stumpjumper FSR expert, 2006 specialized ruby pro, 2004 specialized dolce elite, 2005 specialized hardrock
    Posts
    4,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
    The guy came today to fix the door to my walk-in. It is coming off of the hinges and is heavy. This door has to put up with the stresses of the forklift and I swear it wasn't me that broke it. Anyway - this is the 5th time the guy had to come out and I wasn't too happy. Obviously the bolts are not long enough.

    Him: You called for a door repair?
    Me: Yes, it's falling off here *points* and last time it hit me in the head. Can you please find a way to get bigger bolts because I think the inside is all ratty from all of the attempts to repair it.
    Him: Sure. (he leaves)

    He passes me with new bolts, checks out the door then passes me again, with the bolts in his hand. So I shout across to him across the lobby (I'm on a ladder now)~

    Me: So your thing wasn't long enough for that hole?
    Him: Nope
    Me: Well you better get longer ones because I want it to go in deeper. I don't want to have to call you out here again just for a screw!
    Him: I'm going now to get ones that will fit and I won't leave until you're happy. I promise.
    Me: Thank you, I appreciate it! I'll meet you in the back! *waving thanks*

    It is then that I realize that everyone around me is staring.


    Edit: I forgot to add that I wanted to hear if you ever said something that got you into trouble too.
    too freaking funny.... i'm crying here!
    OCP and PROUD!
    "OCP is not just about attitude, it's a way of life!"
    life's too short to ride a crummy bike..........

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone40
    It does suck when those things don't function like they are designed to function. Did your LBS solve the problem? If so, you REALLY like bikes.
    didnt have a chance to look at it! I ran out of there fast!

  19. #19
    It's all good!!! Hambone40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Western North Carolina
    My Bikes
    2006 Stumpjumper, 2005 Hardrock Sigle Speed, 2002 Trek 2000 Road Bike, 2007 Stumpjumper Hardtail
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    didnt have a chance to look at it! I ran out of there fast!

    That statement in itself cracks me up. Did you at least check it out when you got home? Dang I hope you got it fixed.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone40
    That statement in itself cracks me up. Did you at least check it out when you got home? Dang I hope you got it fixed.
    will I ever learn that some things are better left unsaid? you give them and inch and...

  21. #21
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    I don't get it...
    that's because you don't have a dirty mind...
    .cinelli.olympic.surly.long.haul.trucker.kona.ku.surly.steamroller.
    .litespeed.classic.litespeed.firenze.bianchi.pista.dean.colonel.plus.more.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably when I was in middle school and I told the social studies teacher that her assignment was a rediculous load of pig crap. She sent me to the principal, and I went on to tell him that her assignment was a rediculous load of pig crap.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  23. #23
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachoman
    Very nice. But as long as you were talking about screws and bolts, I'm surprised you didn't talk about his nuts too.

    You know, that would have gotten me fired for sure!!


    heh. nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  24. #24
    oh, snap. Flippin Sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    the motherland.
    Posts
    225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
    heh. nuts.
    *giggles immaturely*

    Hi. I don't think we've been introduced. I'm awesome.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin Sweet
    *giggles immaturely*

    *joins in like girls in grammar school*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •