Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Señor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    A Scene You'd Like to See in a Movie

    I'll accept the chalenge.

    Here are what I imagine would be the ground rules.

    Any type of movie. Provide a little bit of background - provide the setting. Then capsulize the scene. Feel free to discuss others' ideas, but in keeping with the spirit of Foo, don't be too harsh.

    Example:

    The movie is an action/comedy, and the main character is sort of an everyman private investigator, but quite witty and bold.

    While on his way to a meeting, he gets stopped at a red light behind a new BMW. A cigarette butt gets tossed out the window. Our hero immediately slams the car into park, exits, picks up the still smoldering butt, and says to the driver. "I think this belongs to you." and before the driver can respond, he flicks it into the back seat. He walks back to his car, and pulls around the BMW on the green light, and in the rear view mirror you can see the beamer's driver frantically scrambling for the butt.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  2. #2
    (((Fully Awake))) Serendipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper
    My Bikes
    Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!
    Posts
    5,598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to play correctly when I get a decent block of uninterrupted time. But in the meantime...


    I want to see the final battle at the end of The Hobbit, when Gandalf stops the armies of men, dwarves, and elves and proclaims: "Orc armies have arrived from the south...behold! They ride upon wolves!"

    Then everyone looks up from the battlefield to see giant dire wolves bearing down upon them, and join forces.

    Now if only the studios can get their act together and make this prequel to The Lord Of The Rings.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

    無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持

  3. #3
    was kung-fu fighting lodi781's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    My Bikes
    '00 schwinn moab disk/06 specialized stumpy fsr expert, 06 look565
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see a love scene between me and jesica beil......
    " The love you withhold is the pain you carry, lifetime after lifetime."

  4. #4
    DEADBEEF khuon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA
    My Bikes
    1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte
    Posts
    12,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro
    Example:

    The movie is an action/comedy, and the main character is sort of an everyman private investigator, but quite witty and bold.

    While on his way to a meeting, he gets stopped at a red light behind a new BMW. A cigarette butt gets tossed out the window. Our hero immediately slams the car into park, exits, picks up the still smoldering butt, and says to the driver. "I think this belongs to you." and before the driver can respond, he flicks it into the back seat. He walks back to his car, and pulls around the BMW on the green light, and in the rear view mirror you can see the beamer's driver frantically scrambling for the butt.
    That entire scene from the flicking of the cigarette onwards needs to be done in slow motion. There must be a long close-up and protracted shot of the butt flying through the air and landing in the back seat... which is somehow stocked with drums of some flammable liquid. And the main character must be shown walking away non-chalantly while the fireball is blossoming slowly in the background. Some cool guitar riff from a popular rock song must be playing on the soundtrack. and be sure to include Jerry Bruckheimer's name in the credits at the end.
    1999 K2 OzM 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte OCP Club Member
    "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send." -- Jon Postel, RFC1122

  5. #5
    Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz cc700's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    seattle
    My Bikes
    tirove
    Posts
    8,545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see a guy come into work, throw his computer out an 11 story window, and leave.

    office space and fight club have come close, but it would be cool just to have the window breaking.

    <unimaginative

  6. #6
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lodi781
    I want to see a love scene between me and jesica beil......

    I want to see a love scene between lodi and roseanee barr. Well I don't actually want to SEE it!

    Actually I want to see a movie where a guy rides a bike and is COOL. You know, the opposite of the 40 yr old virgin. Show me a scene with a well chiseled cyclist that pulls up to a club and has chics all over him.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to see certain cliches broken. I want the girl to run through the forest without tripping over. I want the guy fighting in the cool sunglasses to take them off. I want the guy that starts the slow clap to choke on his own saliva. etc etc

  8. #8
    explody pup
    Guest
    Zombie orgy.

    Type of movie doesn't matter. Setting and set-up doesn't matter. It's relation to the plot (or lack of) doesn't matter.

    Yessir, a good 'ol fashion zombie orgy.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explody pup
    Zombie orgy.

    Type of movie doesn't matter. Setting and set-up doesn't matter. It's relation to the plot (or lack of) doesn't matter.

    Yessir, a good 'ol fashion zombie orgy.
    ya know, you're getting predictable.. I was laughing even before i read what your scene would be like knowing exactly that you had a thing for horny zombies

  10. #10
    explody pup
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    ya know, you're getting predictable.. I was laughing even before i read what your scene would be like knowing exactly that you had a thing for horny zombies
    I like non-horny zombies, too.

  11. #11
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,155
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    As we know, I like low humor! I'd like to see a scene in aq movie where the President of the US get's up to the podium for his State of the Union Address and has an attack of acute louddddddddddddddddddddddddd, extremely long flatulence!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  12. #12
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khuon
    That entire scene from the flicking of the cigarette onwards needs to be done in slow motion. There must be a long close-up and protracted shot of the butt flying through the air and landing in the back seat... which is somehow stocked with drums of some flammable liquid. And the main character must be shown walking away non-chalantly while the fireball is blossoming slowly in the background. Some cool guitar riff from a popular rock song must be playing on the soundtrack. and be sure to include Jerry Bruckheimer's name in the credits at the end.
    There's a scene sort of like that in the movie "Payback"

  13. #13
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see a snuff film...with Paris Hilton in the starring role.



    That's not too mean, is it?

  14. #14
    The Guadfather Lecterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fart Worth
    My Bikes
    Trek, Centurion, Kuwahara coming soon
    Posts
    1,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's already been made. Opening scene of "Way of the ***".
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. Its free, and only takes 27 seconds!
    Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    "Minor bun engine, made Benny Lava!!!"

  15. #15
    DEADBEEF khuon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA
    My Bikes
    1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte
    Posts
    12,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explody pup
    Zombie orgy.

    Type of movie doesn't matter. Setting and set-up doesn't matter. It's relation to the plot (or lack of) doesn't matter.

    Yessir, a good 'ol fashion zombie orgy.
    That's probably already done. Most likely, you'll find it on a local hotel's pay-per-view menu. Hit up your closest Marriott and find out.
    1999 K2 OzM 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte OCP Club Member
    "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send." -- Jon Postel, RFC1122

  16. #16
    DEADBEEF khuon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA
    My Bikes
    1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte
    Posts
    12,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Namenda
    I want to see a snuff film...with Paris Hilton in the starring role.
    Does she become part of the aforementioned zombie orgy? BTW, your wish is fullfilled in the movie House of Wax. Fast forward to the scene otherwise you will have wasted 90 minutes of your life instead of just five.
    1999 K2 OzM 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte OCP Club Member
    "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send." -- Jon Postel, RFC1122

  17. #17
    explody pup
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by khuon
    That's probably already done. Most likely, you'll find it on a local hotel's pay-per-view menu. Hit up your closest Marriott and find out.
    Maybe. Most like they're using actors with zombie makeup on. I want REAL HARDCRE ZOMBIE TEEN ACTION!

  18. #18
    DEADBEEF khuon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA
    My Bikes
    1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte
    Posts
    12,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by explody pup
    Maybe. Most like they're using actors with zombie makeup on. I want REAL HARDCRE ZOMBIE TEEN ACTION!
    In this day and age of excessive CGI, it's nice to see someone who values authenticity and old-world artistry.
    1999 K2 OzM 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte OCP Club Member
    "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send." -- Jon Postel, RFC1122

  19. #19
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,114
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I would like to see the unnamed missing ex mod face off with the boys from down under in a full tilt boogie death match choreographed by Jackie Chan and the ghost of Fred Astaire.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  20. #20
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Longest Yard - At the end

    I want Adam Sandler to go free.
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lecterman
    It's already been made. Opening scene of "Way of the ***".
    Forgot about that one. Great scene.

  22. #22
    Noobhead jiiiim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    k2 Zed 4.0
    Posts
    688
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want to see the titanic to be an episoda of punk'd
    the ship would rise back and everyone would be kicking ketcher's ass

  23. #23
    . Namenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    "The Woo", MA
    Posts
    4,830
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lecterman
    It's already been made. Opening scene of "Way of the ***".

    I think we have differing views of what constitutes a snuff film. This would be evidenced by the fact that she is still alive...


    Again, not too mean, eh?

  24. #24
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr
    I would like to see the unnamed missing ex mod face off with the boys from down under in a full tilt boogie death match choreographed by Jackie Chan and the ghost of Fred Astaire.
    I'm in line for tix already!

  25. #25
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,114
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    I'm in line for tix already!
    i'll get the popcorn and meet you in the lobby. You want butter on yours?
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •