Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,022
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My neighbor is stupid.

    Well, i knew this guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it's pouring down rain and he is outside working on the shed he has been building for a month. It is one of those sheds that is supposed to take a weekend to put up and it looks like it might take him a year.

    Anyway, it is raining hard and pitch dark outside. He has a huge light out there shining on the building while he is working. I'm thinking that 110 volts in pouring down rain might mean he might be building a coffin instead of a shed.

    Anybody else got mental midget neighbors?

  2. #2
    staring at the mountains superdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    My Bikes
    1x9 mtb commuter, Blue Racing Ac4AL w/Record
    Posts
    3,407
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not really, but sometimes I avoid doing certain types of yardwork or outdoor project because I KNOW I'll be that idiot neighbor

  3. #3
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my neighbors, an old over-the-hill 40yr+ spinster lady, called the cops on my party a couple weeks ago... at 9pm on a SATURDAY!!! That's it, I'm making a fart-generator machine and installing it upwind from her house...

  4. #4
    Senior Member Denny Koll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    852
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a guy who lived next door to me who had crushed white stones surrounding his shrubs. He used to shovel all of the stones out...spread them on his driveway and then hose them down because he wanted to clean them.

    He always told me he'd like to take up biking but he just didn't have the time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Matt Gaunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have real nice neighbours, but one of them has an obsession with having things on her wall. That means her husband is forever using the hammer drill to get through the brick wall to mount the things. It's like an Aladdin's cave in there. Seriously!
    Matt
    2010 Kinesis Decade Convert2 Alloy fixie, Miche, Sora Pics soon...
    2008 Kinesis RC2 Scandium/Carbon Road, Ultegra, Ksyrium Elites Pics
    2007 Kinesis Pha5e Scandium hardtail, XT, Revelations, Rockets, M4s, Mavics Pics
    2005 Kinesis RC Scandium/Carbon Road, Ultegra, Ksyrium SLs Pics
    1996 Raleigh Max Steel, Deore XT, SRAM Attack shifters, homemade wheels Pics

  6. #6
    Senior Member Matt Gaunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,214
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Koll
    I had a guy who lived next door to me who had crushed white stones surrounding his shrubs. He used to shovel all of the stones out...spread them on his driveway and then hose them down because he wanted to clean them.

    He always told me he'd like to take up biking but he just didn't have the time.
    Hey, that was me! Just kidding, but we have done that before now, as they had turned nasty green. Once in 20 years is ok, though, right?!
    Matt
    2010 Kinesis Decade Convert2 Alloy fixie, Miche, Sora Pics soon...
    2008 Kinesis RC2 Scandium/Carbon Road, Ultegra, Ksyrium Elites Pics
    2007 Kinesis Pha5e Scandium hardtail, XT, Revelations, Rockets, M4s, Mavics Pics
    2005 Kinesis RC Scandium/Carbon Road, Ultegra, Ksyrium SLs Pics
    1996 Raleigh Max Steel, Deore XT, SRAM Attack shifters, homemade wheels Pics

  7. #7
    later free_pizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
    That's it, I'm making a fart-generator machine and installing it upwind from her house...
    do yourself a favor there danno, save your money on that machine, and just fly me down for the weekend, im better than any machine.

  8. #8
    Prefers Cicero cooker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    My Bikes
    1984 Trek 520; 1990s Peugeot (Canadian-made) rigid mountain bike; 2007 Bike Friday NWT; misc others
    Posts
    8,396
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
    One of my neighbors, an old over-the-hill 40yr+ spinster lady,
    This is why you rock with the ladies...you are so sensitive.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously have a neighbor that backs up in her driveway for years and manages to take her mail box with her at least once every 2 weeks... if you think that's bad... I could never figure out why her mail box reads...nodroG, I fanally asked her and she said it's for the mail carrier for when he looks into his rear view mirror... nodroG = Gordon.

  10. #10
    Senior Member steveCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Windsor, CT
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Infinito Ultegra Di2, Motobecane Le Champion SL Ti, Cannondale R300, Bianchi Cross Concept
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighor and I was cutting some branches. While I was cutting with my chainsaw, she put her foot down 2 inches from the blade. I stopped my chainsaw right the way. OK, time for chainsaw safety 101.

    Steve

  11. #11
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cooker
    This is why you rock with the ladies...you are so sensitive.
    heh, heh.. I only read people and fulfill their dreams. If you're warm, nice and caring person, that how Ill come across too. If this neighbor sees the world as a harsh, cold place through bitter and antagonistic eyes, heck, that's what I'm gonna give her!


    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    I seriously have a neighbor that backs up in her driveway for years and manages to take her mail box with her at least once every 2 weeks... if you think that's bad... I could never figure out why her mail box reads...nodroG, I fanally asked her and she said it's for the mail carrier for when he looks into his rear view mirror... nodroG = Gordon.
    So... is Gordon trapped underneath her car too, from when she backed over him???

  12. #12
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,007
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by free_pizza
    do yourself a favor there danno, save your money on that machine, and just fly me down for the weekend, im better than any machine.
    I guarantee I'm better! I had bariatric surgery and my small intestine is three feet short! My wife is considering renting me out as a tear gas factory!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  13. #13
    Mostly Harmless Dead Extra #2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sittin' on a bench at the railway station, one toke over the line.
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR1, Giant ATX760, Raleigh Retroglide Seven
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
    I guarantee I'm better! I had bariatric surgery and my small intestine is three feet short! My wife is considering renting me out as a tear gas factory!
    T.M.I.!
    --
    If your relationship still works, you could be training harder.

  14. #14
    Mostly Harmless Dead Extra #2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sittin' on a bench at the railway station, one toke over the line.
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR1, Giant ATX760, Raleigh Retroglide Seven
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
    One of my neighbors, an old over-the-hill 40yr+ spinster lady, called the cops on my party a couple weeks ago... at 9pm on a SATURDAY!!! That's it, I'm making a fart-generator machine and installing it upwind from her house...
    Maybe you can install one of these too.

    --
    If your relationship still works, you could be training harder.

  15. #15
    Senior Member rando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    2,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    I seriously have a neighbor that backs up in her driveway for years and manages to take her mail box with her at least once every 2 weeks... if you think that's bad... I could never figure out why her mail box reads...nodroG, I fanally asked her and she said it's for the mail carrier for when he looks into his rear view mirror... nodroG = Gordon.
    That's hilarious!
    "Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world". ~Grant Petersen

    Cyclists fare best when they recognize that there are times when acting vehicularly is not the best practice, and are flexible enough to do what is necessary as the situation warrants.--Me

  16. #16
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,765
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waterproof 110v nema connectors?

  17. #17
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, you flatulence experts are invited down for free beer & pizza! I'll even make whatever sets off your farts the worse, Mexican food? Filet mignon? Whatever, it takes. Then we can all fart in her general direction... take turns with a relief crew.

    Although it'd be interesting to see what kind of ticket the cops will try to write up for that one. "Disturbing the peace"? But your-honor, our farts were harmonized with the chorus to the proper key and sequence with the correct timing! It was artistic performance!

    Anyway, ever since Chancellor Yang came to power at UCSB, he's been cracking down on all the social activities. Not sure how they've managed to do it, perhaps no one has challenged it constitutionally, but parties are verboten now and the cops can actually come into your house and write you up for various offences (aside from noise-violations)... all without needing any search-warrants! If you've got a keg and there's a single kid under 21 around, you get a $3000 fine!

  18. #18
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,007
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
    Ok, you flatulence experts are invited down for free beer & pizza! I'll even make whatever sets off your farts the worse, Mexican food? Filet mignon? Whatever, it takes. Then we can all fart in her general direction... take turns with a relief crew.

    Although it'd be interesting to see what kind of ticket the cops will try to write up for that one. "Disturbing the peace"? But your-honor, our farts were harmonized with the chorus to the proper key and sequence with the correct timing! It was artistic performance!

    Anyway, ever since Chancellor Yang came to power at UCSB, he's been cracking down on all the social activities. Not sure how they've managed to do it, perhaps no one has challenged it constitutionally, but parties are verboten now and the cops can actually come into your house and write you up for various offences (aside from noise-violations)... all without needing any search-warrants! If you've got a keg and there's a single kid under 21 around, you get a $3000 fine!



    Sufficient gas should make them
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  19. #19
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danno, just feed me Taco bell grande meals for a day or two, and I'll let off enough emisisons to gas out a small nation.

    Seriously, I'm talking a new level of flatulence....where nomore than 2 seconds after a looooong fart is let off, another is already locked and loaded.

    I used to use this secret weapon to gas out one of my friends when I got sick of him hogging my computer. It was better than hearing his whining and bellyaching if I was to yank the chair out from under him and just commandeer my own desk from him (note...this guy refuses to get off the computer until he's ready, regardless of who's house it is, who's computer, or how badly the owner needs to use it).
    -------- __@
    ----- _`\<,_
    ---- (*)/ (*)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ring Ring, Ring Ring, the bell went Ring Ring Ring.

  20. #20
    <>< SoonerBent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    My Bikes
    RANS Tailwind
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if my neighbors are stupid or not. We can't get any of them but one to even wave or otherwise acknowledge our existance. And the couple right next door both ride Harleys, as do I. They never even look our direction. It can't be us. We're normal, decent, nice people. I think.

  21. #21
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic
    Danno, just feed me Taco bell grande meals for a day or two, and I'll let off enough emisisons to gas out a small nation.

    Seriously, I'm talking a new level of flatulence....where nomore than 2 seconds after a looooong fart is let off, another is already locked and loaded.

    I used to use this secret weapon to gas out one of my friends when I got sick of him hogging my computer. It was better than hearing his whining and bellyaching if I was to yank the chair out from under him and just commandeer my own desk from him (note...this guy refuses to get off the computer until he's ready, regardless of who's house it is, who's computer, or how badly the owner needs to use it).
    Heh, heh... is there a way we can bottle this stuff and store it for later use? Would make shipping easier as well!

    One of my college roommates could do that, fart on demand! We'd have the hardest time finding a free table at the library to study. So we'd find a suitable location and he'd non-chalantly stroll around it releasing a most foul and wrenched fart the likes of which will make your mom turn green way back home! Of course, we'd pick out the table with the hottest sorority chics! They'd go running away in screaming terror, coughing and gagging. heh heh.... We'd wait until the toxic waste had subsided and take over!

    One time as they were running away, we tackled one of them and sat on her and farted away the rest of the stockpile (wouldn't want anything leaking out later as WE were studying at the choice tables). She would comment months later that it was grotesquely sick and twisted what we did to her (she could FEEL the farts on her skin), but at the same time, it was very funny and a turn-on...
    Last edited by DannoXYZ; 10-26-06 at 10:00 PM.

  22. #22
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,828
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, now that poor girl probably has a farting fetish thanks to you!

    Yeah it wasn't quite fart on demand, it's just I could not stop farting due to the insanely rapid and bountiful production of gas.
    -------- __@
    ----- _`\<,_
    ---- (*)/ (*)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ring Ring, Ring Ring, the bell went Ring Ring Ring.

  23. #23
    Just a student norsehabanero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Selah, wa
    My Bikes
    gt i drive, schiwin old road bike fuji a unicycle
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
    I guarantee I'm better! I had bariatric surgery and my small intestine is three feet short! My wife is considering renting me out as a tear gas factory!
    sounds good come on over and help me gas out my neighbors
    it would take to long to describe haw bad they are
    http://www.thebicyclingguitarist.net.../bios/bike.gif about to start winter quarter , enjoying school so far

  24. #24
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
    One of my neighbors, an old over-the-hill 40yr+ spinster lady, called the cops on my party a couple weeks ago... at 9pm on a SATURDAY!!! That's it, I'm making a fart-generator machine and installing it upwind from her house...
    Invite her over. I bet that'd make her a lot more receptive to the parties!

    It's the spinsters which are usually the livliest wires...
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  25. #25
    barkin' at the moon doglhunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    cornfields NW Ohio
    My Bikes
    bianchi MTB,several old schwinns
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My nieghbor parked a rusted out 75 chevy blazer in his driveway.It has plastic covering the drivers window,a piece of plywood for a back window,and a flat tire.He doesn't drive it he just goes out on saturday afternoon pops the hood,starts it up and revs piss out of it for 45 minutes then decides to go drink some more beer.It was his first car and he's"gonna restore it".Start with a muffler Ace.
    .....Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •