Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-06, 05:08 AM   #1
capsicum
Evil Genius
Thread Starter
 
capsicum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sumner, WA
Bikes: '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
Posts: 1,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good digital cameras?

So I wan't a good compact or sub-compact digital camera.(I already have an slr film and access to slr digital)
Mostly I've narrowed it to fuji "F10" family or Cannon "A620" and "SD550/700" families.
I like most stuff about the cannon and they have good lenses and processers but Fuji seems to have the better photo sensor(the super ccd) and thus untouched low light performance(at asa 400 and up) however the fuji gets a good bit more purple fringing and the highlights and shadows are more clipped(solid, no detail).

I like the hand feel of the A620 more than the sub-compacts, but it's on the edge of pocketable and that's with fairly big pockets

What do you all think, anyone like photography here?
capsicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 05:40 AM   #2
sunofsand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What would you be using it for? It seems like you're shopping for a smaller camera to carry around and take simple snapshots with
In that case
Any camera will do a good enough job. Leave the more serious photography for the DSLR or film and stop expecting better cameras to give you better snapshots? -just saying. A snapshot is a snapshot. I won't be impressed by great optics if your photo itself is boring, you know
If you're a serious photographer with a need for great image quality in "snapshot" type cameras
You wouldn't need our advice cause you would be on top of it all.

I like Fuji digital.
__________________
Cause the more cyclists notice me the more I Love myself.
Cause the more cyclists notice me the more I Love myself.
sunofsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 05:51 AM   #3
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.imaging-resource.com/

More specifically, to compare those exact cameras (if he's reviewed them):
http://www.imaging-resource.com/CAMD...re_cameras.php
For actual cameras:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/CAMD...re_cameras.php

Comparing actual images:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 06:16 AM   #4
sunofsand
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://dpreview.comhas been pretty good if you're wanting links with user reviews and such.
__________________
Cause the more cyclists notice me the more I Love myself.
Cause the more cyclists notice me the more I Love myself.
sunofsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 06:24 AM   #5
steveCT
Senior Member
 
steveCT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Windsor, CT
Bikes: Bianchi Infinito Ultegra Di2, Motobecane Le Champion SL Ti, Cannondale R300, Bianchi Cross Concept
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofsand
http://dpreview.comhas been pretty good if you're wanting links with user reviews and such.
+1 on dpreview.com I am not familiar with Fuji but a lot of my friends have Canons and they are happy with them, myself included.
steveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 07:05 AM   #6
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DP Review is great for genera reviews, they are top notch.


But the www.imaging-resource.com is better IMO...the guy who runs the website not only has reviews, but he takes sample pics with every camera (the same sample pics) so you can truly compare apples to apples. You can match any two cameras up side by side and see the same sample pics next to each other to compare.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 07:13 AM   #7
cydewaze
Emondafied
 
cydewaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland
Bikes: See sig
Posts: 4,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
And, as always when purchasing a digital cam on the web, remember to check the reseller rating. There are a boatload of scam shops out there that look legit (most based in Brooklyn) that will advertize a great price but then try to sell you accessories that already come with your camera. If you refuse to buy them, some of these places will actually open the box and take stuff out.
__________________

my bike page - my journal
Current Stable: Trek Emonda SL - Trek Top Fuel 8 - Scattante XRL - Jamis Dakar Expert - Trek 9700 - AlpineStars Al Mega
cydewaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 08:09 AM   #8
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
B&H and Calumet are my two favorite online camera dealers. B&H has everything under the sun, including a Manhattan patience. Calumet is slightly more expensive but their customer service is unmatched.
I lean towards Cannon's products over Fuji's. I agree the Fuji sensor is the better of the two, but the overall fit and polish of Cannon's products tend to be more thought out than Fuji's.

--A
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 09:48 AM   #9
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenG
B&H and Calumet are my two favorite online camera dealers. B&H has everything under the sun, including a Manhattan patience. Calumet is slightly more expensive but their customer service is unmatched.
I lean towards Cannon's products over Fuji's. I agree the Fuji sensor is the better of the two, but the overall fit and polish of Cannon's products tend to be more thought out than Fuji's.

--A
Agreed!
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 10:09 AM   #10
FatguyRacer
Mmmmm Donuts!
 
FatguyRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crownsville, MD
Bikes: 1998 IF Crown Jewel
Posts: 2,069
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Take a look at Casio Exilim cameras. They are very compact and easy to use. I love mine.
__________________
John

'09 Cannondale CAAD9 - Team Latitude/ABRT Special.
'04 Lemond Victorie Ti
'98 IF Crown Jewel (dead)
'92 Trek2100 (TT)
'50 something Gino Bartali (fixer)
'02 Ducati ST4s (Moto-Ref mount)

My Blog
FatguyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 10:38 AM   #11
Ritehsedad
Tail End Charlie
 
Ritehsedad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maine, The Way Life Should Be
Bikes: Fuji Nevada MTB, Giant OCR1
Posts: 543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All my son's pictures (see below) were taken with a Canon A520 or A620 camera. He carries it around with him all the time (usually in a pocket).
__________________
Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?
Ritehsedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 11:57 AM   #12
SingingSabre 
BF's Level 12 Wizard
 
SingingSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Bikes: Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ex (still a really good friend) recently got a Canon A540. I'm very impressed with it. I use an older Canon Elph which model number currently escapes my mind. I'm just all around impressed with Canon's line up and functionality, as I've seen more good results come out of that company than I've seen with others.
__________________
Shameless plug (my sites):
Work
Photography
Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn
Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.
SingingSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 02:01 PM   #13
DannoXYZ 
Senior Member
 
DannoXYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Saratoga, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 11,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTermite
DP Review is great for genera reviews, they are top notch.


But the www.imaging-resource.com is better IMO...the guy who runs the website not only has reviews, but he takes sample pics with every camera (the same sample pics) so you can truly compare apples to apples. You can match any two cameras up side by side and see the same sample pics next to each other to compare.
I've bought a couple of digital camera after reviewing their photos on the IR site. Having standardized test-photos really helped me compare the final-results of different cameras. One thing that I noticed once you get into the 5mp+ range is the difference between SLRs and point&shoot cameras. The SLRs have better lenses and use much, much less JPEG compression in storing their pictures (or with minimal compression RAW images). The quality of a 5mp image from an SLR is lightyears better than from a P&P.

I ended up going with a Sony CyberShot DSC-T5 a couple years ago. My main buying-points were high-resolution and compact size. At the time, it had the most megapixels and smallest (still smallest) size of any digi camera out there. I posted some sample pictures from a party a couple weeks ago.

I think I'm going to pick up the next model, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T10 for it's slightly higher 7.2mp resolution. But primarily for it's ISO-1000 ability for indoor & nighttime shots and its image-stabilization; handy when zooming in or tracking moving objects.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 03:52 PM   #14
Mr. Gear Jammer
Senior Member
 
Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsicum
So I wan't a good compact or sub-compact digital camera.(I already have an slr film and access to slr digital)
Mostly I've narrowed it to fuji "F10" family or Cannon "A620" and "SD550/700" families.
I like most stuff about the cannon and they have good lenses and processers but Fuji seems to have the better photo sensor(the super ccd) and thus untouched low light performance(at asa 400 and up) however the fuji gets a good bit more purple fringing and the highlights and shadows are more clipped(solid, no detail).

I like the hand feel of the A620 more than the sub-compacts, but it's on the edge of pocketable and that's with fairly big pockets

What do you all think, anyone like photography here?
Cannon is good and so is fuji, i prefer cannon though. I'd go by price, quality of the product and if there is a good warranty on it.
Mr. Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 04:05 PM   #15
DannoXYZ 
Senior Member
 
DannoXYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Saratoga, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 11,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting how Canon has overtaken Nikon as the premiere professional's camera huh? The Canon digital SLRs offer better features at a lower price.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 04:10 PM   #16
Allen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 4,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
Interesting how Canon has overtaken Nikon as the premiere professional's camera huh? The Canon digital SLRs offer better features at a lower price.
They go back and forth. Nikon is more conservative than Cannon, and take longer to bring new tech to market, but usually completely bug free.

--A
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 04:19 PM   #17
DannoXYZ 
Senior Member
 
DannoXYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Saratoga, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 11,600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, the bug that really erks me on the Canon cameras is it lets you remove the memory-card while it's still writing the last image... Some of them at least beep, but they should have that on all the cameras.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 05:31 PM   #18
catatonic
Chairman of the Bored
 
catatonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Bikes: 2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
Posts: 5,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pretty happy with my Nikon Coolpix L3, if what you want is just an everyday portable camera. Cheap enough that I won't be too pissed if I lose it, and it takes decent pictures. Oh, and it accepts 2GB SD cards, and uses regular AA batteries (I hate battery packs).
catatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 06:05 PM   #19
redfooj
pluralis majestatis
 
redfooj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: you rope
Bikes: 20 W/st.
Posts: 3,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
im a canon zealot. go for the elph line over the A line if you can. im not sold on other people's CCDs as canons generally produce very good images... so for consumer, P&S applications its more than great. (point: if youre looking for awesome pictures go with prosumer cams).

biggest selling point for canon are their LIGHTNING quick operations and mega-intuitive controls. sure, having x, y, and z features are great on paper, but on practice, i got the most VALUE out of my camera by actually using it for tons of shots thanks to fast power-on and shoot-time (low lag).

as far as high-iso operation is concerned, if you know you'll be out in the evening, take a 5$ mini tripod with you. theyre tiny, and they work great. i put the camera on 2-second timer so i wont disturb the exposure by pressing the shutter button.

also have to note that i, out of carelessness and stupidity, damaged 2 different canons - purely user fault - and had canon warranty repair free of charge. these were really heavy accidents, too. otherwise, canon elphs are very, very durable. i cant recommend them enough!
redfooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 12:44 AM   #20
iamlucky13
Footballus vita est
 
iamlucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg
Posts: 2,118
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Frankly, Canon really seems to understand the amatuer market, although I don't think they did everything right with some of the newer models, I still think they've got a leg up on the others for point and shoot cameras.

I have a Canon A60. It's every so slightly smaller than the A620, and while it's not exactly comfortable to carry around in my pocket, it's not a major drag either (I like to keep my pockets empty). I really like the features, especially the multitude of common shooting modes on the thumbwheel. The SD series, while being a lot more pocketable, loses some of the modes, and modes they do have are mostly stuck in the software menues (although the menues are pretty intuitive), so if you like to just whip out your camera, flip to the best setting for the situation (as opposed to leaving it in auto mode), and shoot the A620 is a better choice. If you're looking for convenience more than artistry, go with the SD series.

Other minor points, the A620 seems to have a slightly sharper lens (no surprise based on size) and better low light functionallity. There is also a little less shutter lag and less delay between photos. Don't get me wrong though, the SD series can still take great pictures.

The A540 stands in between the two in both size and features, but is cheaper. I had planned to replace my A60 with one of those until I realized the A60 was closer to the A620 in features, so I would be losing a little bit of capability with it. Now I find myself in the similar boat to you...choosing between the A620 as my one-size-fits-all camera...or getting an SD for snapshots and a Rebel XT SLR camera for being artistic (ideal except for the $$).

Oh, one more site for reviews. It was the biggest help to me in choosing my original Canon, and I was very satisfied with their reviews:
http://www.steves-digicams.com/
__________________
"The internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens. You need to take advantage of that." ~ Strong Bad
iamlucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-06, 10:24 AM   #21
capsicum
Evil Genius
Thread Starter
 
capsicum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sumner, WA
Bikes: '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
Posts: 1,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The A600/A700 and SD500/700 series Canons use a larger sensor than the A500 series so the individual pixel elements are bigger so they collect more light and thus are effective.
Starter SLR cameras like the Rebel and D50 use a sensor that has about 5 times the surface area of most compacts, with same number of pixels. Higher end SLRs use an even bigger sensor(and some different kinds). A big reason for there effectivness. Prosessing can do nothing if the lense doesn't get the light to the sensor or if the sensor doesn't pick it up.

The only reason I'm considering the Fuji F30 is because of their super-ccd and some nice external options. dpreveiw sure likes it and the F10 that preceded it.

A couple folks mentioned some good points that had crossed my mind, mainly:
Quote:
It seems like you're shopping for a smaller camera to carry around and take simple snapshots with
and
Quote:
as far as high-iso operation is concerned, if you know you'll be out in the evening, take a 5$ mini tripod with you. theyre tiny, and they work great. i put the camera on 2-second timer so i wont disturb the exposure by pressing the shutter button.
It's these two reasons combined that I am interested in the high ASA ability of the Fuji. That is most snapshots are taken of action and or in lower light social situations. ...and the core of my conundrom.(and secondary, the pocketability of the SD's verses the solid hand grip of the A's. I have large hands.)

Quote:
The SD series, while being a lot more pocketable, loses some of the modes, and modes they do have are mostly stuck in the software menues (although the menues are pretty intuitive)
The newer SDs seem to have a few more external options now.

Quote:
Interesting how Canon has overtaken Nikon as the premiere professional's camera huh?
Canon makes their own glass and lenses, of very high quality. I don't know if they sell them to other companies, but if they do I'm sure they keep the best of the lot for canon's use.

Nikon DSLRs do accept most Nikon SLR lenses made in the last 50 years which is a sure bonus and the D50 is priced lower than the Rebel.
capsicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 07:26 AM   #22
phantomcow2
la vache fantôme
 
phantomcow2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: NH
Bikes:
Posts: 6,266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a Fuji S5200, very nice camera. I would buy another Fuji anytime
__________________
C://dos
C://dos.run
run.dos.run
phantomcow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 07:51 AM   #23
Voidbringer
Crazy Kitty (male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In the awkward silence of a conversation.
Bikes: Tricycle
Posts: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One thing for http://www.imaging-resource.com/ that hasn't been mentioned is the awesome My Advisor. Click find the best camera for you link on the left navigation box. You tell it what is important to you and how important it is and then it gives you a list of things that come closest. Great tool.
Voidbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 11:52 AM   #24
redfooj
pluralis majestatis
 
redfooj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: you rope
Bikes: 20 W/st.
Posts: 3,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ
. One thing that I noticed once you get into the 5mp+ range is the difference between SLRs and point&shoot cameras. The SLRs have better lenses and use much, much less JPEG compression in storing their pictures (or with minimal compression RAW images).
RAW images are unprocessed and uncompressed. if they are compressed - rarely - they are compressed with a lossless algorithm (think zip). even rarer, supposedly nikon uses a lossy alg. supposedly. nonetheless, raw = uncompressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsicum
It's these two reasons combined that I am interested in the high ASA ability of the Fuji. That is most snapshots are taken of action and or in lower light social situations. ...and the core of my conundrom.(and secondary, the pocketability of the SD's verses the solid hand grip of the A's. I have large hands.)
in my experience, there is a huge jump in high-iso performance of PS vs DSLR cameras. now im not familiar with this fuji model in specific, but if it has iso400 performance equivalent to canon's 200.. its just a 1-step advantage. personally, for any exposure faster than 1/30 and it doesnt make a difference, and anything slower than that makes no difference either because theyll both be blurry hand-held! where they converge in low-light situation is, in a snap of the finger, i can adjust iso / flash mode / shot vs timer / white balance / etc on the canon to get a proper shot. that, to me, is better than a 1-step sensitivity advantage.

as far as form factor goes, i know i get more utility out of something i carry often rather than something thats more ergo to use but too large to carry in the first place... something to think about
redfooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 06:19 PM   #25
capsicum
Evil Genius
Thread Starter
 
capsicum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sumner, WA
Bikes: '92 novara ponderosa, '74 schwinn le tour, Novara fusion, novara transfer, novara randonee(2), novara careema pro, novara bonita(2).
Posts: 1,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used to have a Fuji Finepix 4.1 and the battery door was such that I could hardly take a picture without the think popping open and shutting the camera off.(my friends had the same problem with it.) Also it was hinged very flimsy and finally broke off totally.

Is this still a problem?
I didn't bother getting it fixed because it was free in the first place.

Quote:
in my experience, there is a huge jump in high-iso performance of PS vs DSLR cameras. now im not familiar with this fuji model in specific, but if it has iso400 performance equivalent to canon's 200.. its just a 1-step advantage. personally, for any exposure faster than 1/30 and it doesnt make a difference, and anything slower than that makes no difference either because theyll both be blurry hand-held! where they converge in low-light situation is, in a snap of the finger, i can adjust iso / flash mode / shot vs timer / white balance / etc on the canon to get a proper shot. that, to me, is better than a 1-step sensitivity advantage.
What? I think that needs a reword or revision for me to get what your trying to say.

Quote:
as far as form factor goes, i know i get more utility out of something i carry often rather than something thats more ergo to use but too large to carry in the first place... something to think about
That's a good point, and the reason I don't use my SLR very much.

Quote:
im a canon zealot. go for the elph line over the A line if you can. im not sold on other people's CCDs as canons generally produce very good images...
While Cannon makes their own lenses and prossesors, they use others' sensors, I know they use sony for some CCDs.
capsicum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:31 AM.