Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    ♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯ -=(8)=-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    40205 'ViLLeBiLLie
    My Bikes
    Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder
    Posts
    7,804
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pre Paid wireless fone ??

    We are finally about to come to the end of our contract with VERIZON.
    A happy time for all !!
    My wife is more comfortable carrying a cell fone and I dont mind carrying one
    while Im on the road, either. What prepaids do you cellfoners think are the best ?
    Right now AMP'd looks pretty good but I know nothing about it other than It looks
    like it wouldnt kill us for the 20-30 minutes we might use a month.
    Any suggestions ?
    I only ask here because I know that what they say you will pay and
    what you really do pay are $$$$$$$$$$$$ apart !!

  2. #2
    Tail End Charlie Ritehsedad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine, The Way Life Should Be
    My Bikes
    Fuji Nevada MTB, Giant OCR1
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pay $0 for my phone.
    Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

  3. #3
    Senior Member dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate phones period. I lived through the years when there were no cell phones...imagine that

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -=£em in Pa=-
    We are finally about to come to the end of our contract with VERIZON.
    A happy time for all !!
    My wife is more comfortable carrying a cell fone and I dont mind carrying one
    while Im on the road, either. What prepaids do you cellfoners think are the best ?
    Right now AMP'd looks pretty good but I know nothing about it other than It looks
    like it wouldnt kill us for the 20-30 minutes we might use a month.
    Any suggestions ?
    I only ask here because I know that what they say you will pay and
    what you really do pay are $$$$$$$$$$$$ apart !!

    I'm on a family plan on Verizon and i pay 20 bucks a month, and it is a camera phone .
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  5. #5
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gear Jammer
    I'm on a family plan on Verizon and i pay 20 bucks a month, and it is a camera phone .
    20 bucks X how many members in your family?...
    .cinelli.olympic.surly.long.haul.trucker.kona.ku.surly.steamroller.
    .litespeed.classic.litespeed.firenze.bianchi.pista.dean.colonel.plus.more.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fixer
    20 bucks X how many members in your family?...
    2 other members, which are my parents. 17 year old sister is bad to the bone so she isn't getting a phone any time soon. Other sisters (4 katie, 8 jackie) too dam young to have a cell phone.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  7. #7
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds about right. cell phones are such a rip off. and they're annoying. I usually need to use one maybe once or twice a year.
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  8. #8
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep....I rarely use mine and when it rings, it's usually a wrong number.
    .cinelli.olympic.surly.long.haul.trucker.kona.ku.surly.steamroller.
    .litespeed.classic.litespeed.firenze.bianchi.pista.dean.colonel.plus.more.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy
    sounds about right. cell phones are such a rip off. and they're annoying. I usually need to use one maybe once or twice a year.
    I know too many people then, i should start saying "You are the weakest link good-bye".
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  10. #10
    ♋ ☮♂ ☭ ☯ -=(8)=-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    40205 'ViLLeBiLLie
    My Bikes
    Sngl Spd's, 70's- 80's vintage, D-tube Folder
    Posts
    7,804
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I avoided having one up until two years ago when I lived in Pa and my
    wife lived in VT. Turnpike and all that stuff.....blah blah blah.....
    Now, its nice to have one here just cuz where I ride there is no civilization close by.
    I think I m going with Virgin...they are the only ones with straight, pay-as-you-go for
    .18 a minute. At .18 a minute I will pay about .54 a month

  11. #11
    Kicked out of the Webelos bluebottle1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it's a necessity for my work. You're just expected to have a cell phone, it's that simple. I keep it switched off when I truly don't want to be disturbed--after hours, in court or in conference with a client.
    ______________________________________________

    Kicked out of the Webelos.

  12. #12
    Senior Member russiankdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    PA
    My Bikes
    many
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only reason i have a cell hpone is because im 16 and i drive, so my parents want to know where i am at or if something happens i have communication. you can get a pre-paid phone for $40 from T-Mobile with 60 minutes on it.
    1978 Schwinn Varsity Single Speed

  13. #13
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i pay 35 from virgin for 300 daytime and 1000 nights

    not that i ever use them, but you know if i wanted to
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  14. #14
    Mr. Maximan1 maximan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anaheim and Fullerton (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    Puch Superleicht, Nishiki moutain project, Trek 2300 carbon composite
    Posts
    1,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dauphin
    I hate phones period. I lived through the years when there were no cell phones...imagine that
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Tiocfáidh ár Lá jfmckenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The edge of b#
    My Bikes
    A whole bunch-a bikes.
    Posts
    5,401
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by russiankdi
    Only reason i have a cell hpone is because im 16 and i drive, so my parents want to know where i am at or if something happens i have communication. you can get a pre-paid phone for $40 from T-Mobile with 60 minutes on it.
    What are your parents so worried about

    I guess I am glad to have grown up knowing what it was like getting a flat tire miles from home and trying to hitch a ride home at 2AM without 'communication'.

    So how much per minute after that initial $40?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •