Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bad mood before I even make it to work...

    Need to make a quick errand before work, so go heading that way from my house in morning and I suddenly realize I went right past the road I had to turn. No big deal, but annoying. It only cost me 5 minutes.

    Then I go back down that road to the main road (US 19) and I am on the entrance ramp. There is only one gap coming up in the slow traffic at that point and I'm working in to it. It is in front of a little blue truck with a bunch of wood planks piled up (and not tied down) in a rack coming out of the bed of the truck. I'm getting to the end of the entrance ramp and realize this truck is 3 inches from my door (where my hand is hanging out).

    These bastids would not let me in. It's not like I was being a jerk and trying to get up as high as I could...I was coming to the only gap in the line. You are supposed to make gaps for cars on entrance ramp. This son of a biatch came VERY CLOSE to ramming me right into the cement wall. I yelled "what the fok are you doing, arsehole" as both our windows were down.

    I heard them laugh and yell something back.

    Then I was behind them all the way to work...every once in a while the guy in passenger seat (who I was closest to when I tried to get on road) would flick me a bird.

    Geesh.....it's a bad day already and I just got to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  2. #2
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're in FL, you could have shot the bastids!

  3. #3
    Just a student norsehabanero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Selah, wa
    My Bikes
    gt i drive, schiwin old road bike fuji a unicycle
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is why i dont own a ***, i would of
    http://www.thebicyclingguitarist.net.../bios/bike.gif about to start winter quarter , enjoying school so far

  4. #4
    explody pup
    Guest
    Nah. A shooting would have only earned a minute or two during the 11:00 news. A squirt bottle of gasoline and a lighter would have gotten more press and taught the ****bags they need to be more considerate. Plus, there aren't any anti-gasoline-squirt-bottle lobbyists who are looking for a reason to take gasoline squirt bottles away from people who only use them responsibly for hunting, recreation, and home defense.

  5. #5
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by norsehabanero
    that is why i dont own a ***, i would of
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  6. #6
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about KT. People suck these days. Especially on the roads.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  7. #7
    The quieter you become... Falkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    My Bikes
    1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really amazing how much someone can piss you off when you're driving. I've been there, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
    San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.

  8. #8
    Senior Member foulmouthfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, sounds like you were trying to "cut in line", so to speak, to me. The guy has no obligation to let you in, even though it would have been a nice gesture. Maybe you should try to coordinate your move a little more ahead of time. Personally, I wouldn't have let you in either.

    Yep, I'm the ******* who will block the entire left lane of traffic on the interstate when there is construction or something causing everything to go down to one lane. Well, you know how everyone tries to run up to the very front? I take my spot in the right hand lane for a minute or so, then ease over and stay at the same pace so the guy behind me knows what I'm doing and holds my spot there. People that are trying to jump up to the front get pissed. I could care less.
    Marin Hamilton 29er
    Bianchi BUSS

    Quote Originally Posted by mkadam68 View Post
    DFL is better than DNF which is better than DNS.

  9. #9
    Chairman of the Bored catatonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2004 Raleigh Talus, 2001 Motobecane Vent Noir (Custom build for heavy riders)
    Posts
    5,825
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your bad morning KT.

    I used to have days like this everyday....that's a huge part of why I am not in any real hurry to get a car now...my stress levels went way down.

    Hey, at the end of the day, see if you cen get a nice bike ride in...that might cheer you up! Heck, go play with the dogs
    -------- __@
    ----- _`\<,_
    ---- (*)/ (*)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ring Ring, Ring Ring, the bell went Ring Ring Ring.

  10. #10
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foulmouthfool
    I don't know, sounds like you were trying to "cut in line", so to speak, to me. The guy has no obligation to let you in, even though it would have been a nice gesture. Maybe you should try to coordinate your move a little more ahead of time. Personally, I wouldn't have let you in either.
    I wasn't trying to "cut in line", I was on an entrance ramp to the road and going for the ONLY gap there. I thought the gap was there because he was letting me get in (like you SHOULD do when somebody is on the entrance ramp...otherwise you are causing a possible nasty accident making somebody jam on their brakes at the end of an entrance ramp).
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  11. #11
    Crazy Like a Daisy CycleMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-3
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, you could look at it this way: the one bad, tacky thing of the day happened before 0900! The rest of the day should be golden, you think? So very smart of you to get that overwith so early. Bravo!
    Where am I going?......

    ....and why am I in this handbasket?

  12. #12
    BF's Level 12 Wizard SingingSabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Sorrento turned Xtracycle commuter
    Posts
    1,414
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to imagine people's heads as soup. Put them in a big pot of water with a placid look on their face. Have a potato or some other random vegetable float by and just gently bounce off their head.

    Ah, a good imagination. It helps me feel better. And I like soup, too!
    Shameless plug (my sites):
    Photography
    Vanity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bklyn
    Obviously, the guy's like a 12th level white wizard or something. His mere presence is a danger to mortals.

  13. #13
    The AVatar Ninja SaabFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    609
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cummon, dude. Carrots have a MUCH higher humor potential than potaties.
    Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: FISH!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite
    I wasn't trying to "cut in line", I was on an entrance ramp to the road and going for the ONLY gap there. I thought the gap was there because he was letting me get in (like you SHOULD do when somebody is on the entrance ramp...otherwise you are causing a possible nasty accident making somebody jam on their brakes at the end of an entrance ramp).
    Who cares if you were cutting in line, is this effing 2nd grade? The truck sounds like it was slow and you should have had the right to go around it, or in front of it. But of course the guy is being an ahole. I would have changed lanes and went ahead of him. In Ca everyone's so damn busy, that if they don't like your speed they'll be around you before you can even turn your head.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry KT! mean people s***!

  16. #16
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    I would have changed lanes and went ahead of him.
    Changed to what lane? I was on an entrance ramp and the gap in front of his truck was the ONLY place I did have to go.

    Instead I damn near get run into the cement wall, end up stopped half in the emergency lane (which was only about half vehicle width wide) and half on road.

    Luckily the person behind the idiot was nice enough to let me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite
    Changed to what lane? I was on an entrance ramp and the gap in front of his truck was the ONLY place I did have to go.

    Instead I damn near get run into the cement wall, end up stopped half in the emergency lane (which was only about half vehicle width wide) and half on road.

    Luckily the person behind the idiot was nice enough to let me in.
    Were you not getting on the freeway, or was it a one lane highway?

  18. #18
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    Were you not getting on the freeway, or was it a one lane highway?
    It's not a freeway, but it is multiple lanes.

    Maybe you aren't getting the picture....he was in the closest lane where I enter at....the gap in front of him was the ONLY gap I had to get on the road at all.


    When I did get on, I was behind him for a bit, but eventually I went around his jalopy (red neck truck carrying a bunch of lumber that was not tied down). When I went around, I noticed that he seemed to either follow me or be going the sam way because he turned off at the same service road I did and was behind me all the way until I turned in to where I work.

    I just hope he wasn't truly following me and I walk out to my truck this afternoon to slashed tires or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  19. #19
    Senior Member foulmouthfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite

    Maybe you aren't getting the picture....he was in the closest lane where I enter at....the gap in front of him was the ONLY gap I had to get on the road at all.

    I for one definitely wasn't getting the picture. I thought you were trying to get OFF the interstate, not on, and instead of picking a spot to get over a decent ways back you sped up to the very exit expecting to jump right over in traffic. Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Marin Hamilton 29er
    Bianchi BUSS

    Quote Originally Posted by mkadam68 View Post
    DFL is better than DNF which is better than DNS.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I was confused too, sorry about that kt. Hope you have a great day, and go check those tires for slashage!

  21. #21
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foulmouthfool
    I for one definitely wasn't getting the picture. I thought you were trying to get OFF the interstate, not on, and instead of picking a spot to get over a decent ways back you sped up to the very exit expecting to jump right over in traffic. Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Thanks for checking back....I was wondering why you were just being a jerk about it. Glad we were both wrong.

    Had I done what you thought, I agree it would have been my fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  22. #22
    That darn Yankee TexasGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    West West Fort Worth
    My Bikes
    Mongoose XR-100, Eros Bianchi
    Posts
    4,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite
    Need to make a quick errand before work, so go heading that way from my house in morning and I suddenly realize I went right past the road I had to turn. No big deal, but annoying. It only cost me 5 minutes.

    Then I go back down that road to the main road (US 19) and I am on the entrance ramp. There is only one gap coming up in the slow traffic at that point and I'm working in to it. It is in front of a little blue truck with a bunch of wood planks piled up (and not tied down) in a rack coming out of the bed of the truck. I'm getting to the end of the entrance ramp and realize this truck is 3 inches from my door (where my hand is hanging out).

    These bastids would not let me in. It's not like I was being a jerk and trying to get up as high as I could...I was coming to the only gap in the line. You are supposed to make gaps for cars on entrance ramp. This son of a biatch came VERY CLOSE to ramming me right into the cement wall. I yelled "what the fok are you doing, arsehole" as both our windows were down.

    I heard them laugh and yell something back.

    Then I was behind them all the way to work...every once in a while the guy in passenger seat (who I was closest to when I tried to get on road) would flick me a bird.

    Geesh.....it's a bad day already and I just got to work.
    hehehe. I had that hapene to me at 70mph in San Antonio, first time I entered 281 by myself . Truck Drivers are *******s and it has to be remembered they WILL MURDER and won't have any regrets
    Life is about hanging onto what you think is important and finding out what really is important.
    "Stop Ruining my joke!", "No, a joke implies humor attached at no additional cost"
    So many sayings, so little sig space.

  23. #23
    NFL Owner monogodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irving Heritage District
    My Bikes
    7-Eleven Eddy Merckx, Vitus Futural, Catamount FRS, Colnago SL, SS MTB
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by foulmouthfool
    I don't know, sounds like you were trying to "cut in line", so to speak, to me. The guy has no obligation to let you in, even though it would have been a nice gesture. Maybe you should try to coordinate your move a little more ahead of time. Personally, I wouldn't have let you in either.

    Yep, I'm the ******* who will block the entire left lane of traffic on the interstate when there is construction or something causing everything to go down to one lane. Well, you know how everyone tries to run up to the very front? I take my spot in the right hand lane for a minute or so, then ease over and stay at the same pace so the guy behind me knows what I'm doing and holds my spot there. People that are trying to jump up to the front get pissed. I could care less.
    That lane is legally usable until it is blocked off. The people who pass you in it are not cutting in line, they're using a lane they're entitled to use. I read about a study done in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area a few years back that determined that if people would use all of the usable lanes and merge at the last minute, traffic would flow faster, meaning that delays would be shorter. Unfortunately there are a-holes like you who think otherwise.
    198? Colnago Super (Campy Record) | 1989 Eddy Merckx 7-Eleven Team Issue (Dura Ace) | Catamount MFS (1x8) | Top Image Neptune (SS)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •