Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Just a student norsehabanero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Selah, wa
    My Bikes
    gt i drive, schiwin old road bike fuji a unicycle
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    discus again????

    part 2
    http://www.thebicyclingguitarist.net.../bios/bike.gif about to start winter quarter , enjoying school so far

  2. #2
    The quieter you become... Falkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    My Bikes
    1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never tried the discus. I'm pretty good with the shotput though
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
    San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    You can fry them up with a real nice bread crumb. Very flaky meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    explody pup
    Guest
    We picked up one of those Aerobee fisbees with the LED lights in 'em while I was visiting the fam. That thing was a piece of ****.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why does this discuss thread bring anger in me?
    maybe I have issues that needs discussing, I get shivers everytime I see this stupid thread and why? it's not like we have any smart thread going on..

  6. #6
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discuss, BDG! Tell us about it. We won't tell anyone. It's just us in this room
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  7. #7
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah BDG, why are you mad when you see this thread?? We all could possibly help.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    Yeah BDG, why are you mad when you see this thread?? We all could possibly help.

    because the first time, it was kinda funny, now that it is the 4th discuss thread it kinda lost it's sex appeal.
    Because I got up cranky, because my hubby wants to take over and buy me wheels for christmas, now isnt that nice of him, right?
    yeah, he has NO idea what kind of bike I have!!!!!!!!!! he asked the LBS guy if a Kona Mtnbike would be faster than my felts32 for my races!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im going mental, Im having nightmares about what he is going to buy!!!!!!

  9. #9
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,160
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl

    Because I got up cranky, because my hubby wants to take over and buy me wheels for christmas, now isnt that nice of him, right?
    yeah, he has NO idea what kind of bike I have!!!!!!!!!! he asked the LBS guy if a Kona Mtnbike would be faster than my felts32 for my races!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im going mental, Im having nightmares about what he is going to buy!!!!!!
    He means well, BDG! Give him some guidance!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  10. #10
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl

    because the first time, it was kinda funny, now that it is the 4th discuss thread it kinda lost it's sex appeal.
    Because I got up cranky, because my hubby wants to take over and buy me wheels for christmas, now isnt that nice of him, right?
    yeah, he has NO idea what kind of bike I have!!!!!!!!!! he asked the LBS guy if a Kona Mtnbike would be faster than my felts32 for my races!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im going mental, Im having nightmares about what he is going to buy!!!!!!
    Well he does mean well, but I understand how your feeling. I want to explode myself with all the doggie issues, but its a challenge that I can over come for sure

    First breathe and then ask yourself if its all worth getting worked up about?? I bet you find the answer quickly

    We are all here for you BDG. It will be okay. Hey just tell your honey that you have an idea about the wheels for your bike and would feel more comfortable giving him a hand.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
    He means well, BDG! Give him some guidance!
    Im trying!!!!!!!!! Im almost crying saying, do you know what's compatible with my bike? do you know I have shimano gears? do you know the difference between clinchers and tubular? do you know how deep the rim should be? do you know if I need an everyday wheel or racing wheels?
    arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everytime i say, ill find them and give you the linky linky he gives me a speach on christmas spirit and how nicer it would be if HE went out and picked some for me!!
    Im gonna friggen cry!
    yeah he is a heck of a nice guy...but you have no idea what he is gonna come up with!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    Well he does mean well, but I understand how your feeling. I want to explode myself with all the doggie issues, but its a challenge that I can over come for sure

    First breathe and then ask yourself if its all worth getting worked up about?? I bet you find the answer quickly

    We are all here for you BDG. It will be okay. Hey just tell your honey that you have an idea about the wheels for your bike and would feel more comfortable giving him a hand.
    I know... it does sound stupid to get worked up about when nice people like you have sick puppies to worry about.
    I needed a reminded on what's important OK Im over it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,507
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just think of all the fun discussions we can have if you ran over some sick puppies with your new wheels...

  14. #14
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BDG just tell him to save the receipt!!
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    BDG just tell him to save the receipt!!
    I think at this point I dont deserve anything for acting so bratty...
    *sigh*
    well, Im over THAT feeling!!! I deserve those and will ask for the receipt!

  16. #16
    No Rocket Surgeon eubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona and S. El Monte, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale D600, Dahon Speed T7
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, isn't this about throwing the discus?

    I never threw one, but my best friend in HS was the school record holder.
    Fewer Cars, more handlebars!

  17. #17
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,160
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    Im trying!!!!!!!!! Im almost crying saying, do you know what's compatible with my bike? do you know I have shimano gears? do you know the difference between clinchers and tubular? do you know how deep the rim should be? do you know if I need an everyday wheel or racing wheels?
    arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everytime i say, ill find them and give you the linky linky he gives me a speach on christmas spirit and how nicer it would be if HE went out and picked some for me!!
    Im gonna friggen cry!
    yeah he is a heck of a nice guy...but you have no idea what he is gonna come up with!
    Best suggestion? Give him a specific wish list!

    Quick Edit:
    Explain in the list that while his heart is assuredly in the right place, racing is highly technical as far as equipment goes. Then tell him that the wrong wheels would be like slapping a Briggs and Stratton Lawn mower engine on a Harley, based on the fact that they are both gasline powered engines!
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  18. #18
    Just a student norsehabanero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Selah, wa
    My Bikes
    gt i drive, schiwin old road bike fuji a unicycle
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or ask for a gift certificete
    http://www.thebicyclingguitarist.net.../bios/bike.gif about to start winter quarter , enjoying school so far

  19. #19
    Just a student norsehabanero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Selah, wa
    My Bikes
    gt i drive, schiwin old road bike fuji a unicycle
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind



    You can fry them up with a real nice bread crumb. Very flaky meat.
    is it any thing like grouper
    http://www.thebicyclingguitarist.net.../bios/bike.gif about to start winter quarter , enjoying school so far

  20. #20
    Dog is my co-pilot 2manybikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    My Bikes
    2 many
    Posts
    13,945
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    Im trying!!!!!!!!! Im almost crying saying, do you know what's compatible with my bike? do you know I have shimano gears? do you know the difference between clinchers and tubular? do you know how deep the rim should be? do you know if I need an everyday wheel or racing wheels?
    arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everytime i say, ill find them and give you the linky linky he gives me a speach on christmas spirit and how nicer it would be if HE went out and picked some for me!!
    Im gonna friggen cry!
    yeah he is a heck of a nice guy...but you have no idea what he is gonna come up with!
    Just print out a page with all the details, circle exactly the right thing in red. Fold it in half, put a dirty foot print on it and leave it on the floor where he can find it. Say nothing. Act surprised and never tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Posts
    3,398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ficus
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #22
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by norsehabanero
    part 2
    Well Did you hear that the Houston Texans have won the Super bowl?. Yup 31 out of 32 teams decided to take a vacation and not play this week so Houston is declared the winner this year.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •