Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Moto gp dokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    any one else watch moto gp

    just wondering to see how many liked motorcycle racing.

    i love MOTO GP it is my favorit type of race and most of the pro's ride road bikes to help them train for their races

    oh yeah and the next time you guys are at a video store pick up the DVD "Faster" next time it is lke a behind the seance look at MOTO GP. onec you watch it you will be hooked

  2. #2
    Senior Member bruce19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Lebanon (Liberty Hill), CT
    My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Posts
    3,289
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love Moto GP. Valentino Rossi is so amazing but being a Ducati rider I do root for Capirossi to do well. Also saw "Faster" when it came to a theater in Hartford, CT. Awesome movie. Those guys are absolutely incredible and some of them are so small, physically, you wonder how they can control all that power.


    bruce19

  3. #3
    Moto gp dokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce19
    Love Moto GP. Valentino Rossi is so amazing but being a Ducati rider I do root for Capirossi to do well. Also saw "Faster" when it came to a theater in Hartford, CT. Awesome movie. Those guys are absolutely incredible and some of them are so small, physically, you wonder how they can control all that power.


    bruce19

    yeah man i know what you mean rossi is my fav but i like capirossi too. they came out with a sequll to faster called "the doctor, the tornado, and the kentucky kid" you prob already knew that but i thought id tell ya just in case. my wife got it for me the other day.. its great, its alot more personal and they hav a sceen on john hopkins riding his road bike

  4. #4
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moto GP rocks, and Superbike rolls! Taking nothing away from Valentino or Loris, as they are both excelent riders... Nicky is my favorite, he's had a hella struggle to get where he is and I admire him for it.

    +1 for Faster, an excelent movie!

    Oh, I almost forgot I bleed bean oil.

  5. #5
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm a freak for moto gp, rossi pwns all.

    first race in less than a month!!


    formula 1 starts 3/18, too.
    Last edited by I am The Edge; 02-12-07 at 11:07 AM.
    Wow.

  6. #6
    Senior member curb hash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    My Bikes
    Dahon Espresso, Dawes Deadeye, Fuji Sunfire 3.0
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Growing up my idols were motocross riders like Brad Lackey, Belgian Roger DeCoster and Bob "Hurricane" Hannah. I dog-eared every copy of Dirt Bike magazine and loved the articles written by Ric "Super Hunky" Sieman. He wrote a book called "Monkey Butt" which is a must read for all present and former off-road riders.

    As for Moto GP I followed it closely from the late eighties to the mid nineties. The last I was following, the dominant riders were Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz (yes, Schwantz-translates to tail in German) the stunningly fluid Aussie Mick Doohan and the troubled but very talented like his dad Kenny Roberts Jr..

    Are the 250 and 500cc (and 125cc for that matter) actually competing with larger displacement four-stroke bikes as has been happening for years now in Motocross? Are the heavier but less violent power delivering four-strokes dominating? Hmmm, could rekindle my attention.
    None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.

  7. #7
    Moto gp dokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are moving down to 800cc bikes this season.. colin edwards is doing really well with the bikes.. lets see if he cant get his first win now

  8. #8
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone agree that Mladin is a jerk?

  9. #9
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    Anyone agree that Mladin is a jerk?

    he isn't in moto gp.
    Wow.

  10. #10
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curb hash
    Are the 250 and 500cc (and 125cc for that matter) actually competing with larger displacement four-stroke bikes as has been happening for years now in Motocross? Are the heavier but less violent power delivering four-strokes dominating? Hmmm, could rekindle my attention.

    they've been riding 1000cc bikes for the past 5 years, 500cc's are gone. this year they are scaling back to 800cc bikes.
    Wow.

  11. #11
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    he isn't in moto gp.
    No *****... maybe that expalins it?


    Nah, he's just a ******.

  12. #12
    Moto gp dokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they used to have an episode of speed on two weels and mladin was on there. dont really watch superbikes that much so i wouldent know. i remember that there were rumors that he was going to moto gp but he decided that he wants to keep winning.

    btw. you guys need to watch it its pretty cool they show like a behind the sceens and it kinda follow nicky hadens brothers.. i saw it on you tube they have it in like 3 parts. i looked for it and couldent find it all i found was the trailer which i think maybe they had it took off you tube because its on dvd now and they want people to buy it

  13. #13
    Senior member curb hash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    My Bikes
    Dahon Espresso, Dawes Deadeye, Fuji Sunfire 3.0
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    they've been riding 1000cc bikes for the past 5 years, 500cc's are gone. this year they are scaling back to 800cc bikes.

    No 500cc two-stroke bikes? No more watching guys like Californian Randy Mammola or Aussie Wayne Gardner rag-doll on the handlebars from a 140mph tank slapper and STILL save it? Those bikes were so insanely imbalanced on a power-to-weight ratio, some with such lightswitch powerbands they were my favorite!
    None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.

  14. #14
    EV + PV clutchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Crafton
    My Bikes
    '06 Lemond Sarthe!!
    Posts
    1,531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    No *****... maybe that expalins it?


    Nah, he's just a ******.

    repeat the hype...

    http://www.amasuperbike.com/article....2647d4137fa50c

    http://www.amasuperbike.com/article....2647d4137fa50c



    i used to watch GP fervently, but over the last season it started to hold less appeal for me. There were some great moments and some boring stuff but overall good season.

    Rossi is probably the greatest motorcyclist of all time, but it was nice to see nicky beat him last year even though it was perseverence more than skill.

  15. #15
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it only took nicky how long to "beat" him with the best bike and with the best team.

    rossi took yamaha, which was almost nowhere in moto gp, and made them champions. nicky can't do that and will never win another title.
    Wow.

  16. #16
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curb hash
    No 500cc two-stroke bikes? No more watching guys like Californian Randy Mammola or Aussie Wayne Gardner rag-doll on the handlebars from a 140mph tank slapper and STILL save it? Those bikes were so insanely imbalanced on a power-to-weight ratio, some with such lightswitch powerbands they were my favorite!


    the 1000cc bikes were making 240+ horsepower and they have traction control. never see tank slappers nor a high-side anymore.
    Wow.

  17. #17
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    it only took nicky how long to "beat" him with the best bike and with the best team.
    Four seasons. Whats the deal? Rossi has a history w/ MotoGP. He was familiar with the tracks and other riders. Hayden was a total noob he had to learn the tracks, gain respect of the other riders the whole deal. Wanna talk nowheres? John 'Dickface' Hopkins, that's a zero for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    rossi took yamaha, which was almost nowhere in moto gp, and made them champions. nicky can't do that and will never win another title.
    Would you like to put money on this?

    Quite an impressive history if you ask me.

    MotoGP

    * Team(s): Repsol Honda, HRC
    * Motorcycle(s): Honda RC211V, Honda RC212V
    * First MotoGP Race: April 6, 2003 - Suzuka - Seventh Place
    * First MotoGP Win: July 10, 2005 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    * First MotoGP Podium: October 5, 2003 - Motegi - Third Place
    * Number of MotoGP Wins: 3
    * Number of MotoGP Podiums: 17 (excluding wins)
    * Highest Championship Position: First (2006)

    AMA Superbike

    * Team(s): American Honda, HRC
    * Motorcycle(s): Honda RC51, Honda RC45
    * First Superbike Race: April 18, 1999 - Willow Springs International Raceway - Twelfth Place
    * First Superbike Win: June 11, 2000 - Road America
    * First Superbike Podium: September 19, 1999 - Pikes Peak International Raceway - Third Place
    * Number of Superbike Wins: 17
    * Number of Superbike Podiums: 13 (excluding wins)
    * Highest Championship Position: First (2002)

    AMA 600 Supersport

    * Team(s): American Honda, Erion Honda, HyperCycle Suzuki
    * Motorcycle(s): Honda CBR600F3, Suzuki GSX-R600
    * First 600 Supersport Win: April 26, 1998 - Willow Springs International Raceway
    * Number of 600 Supersport Wins: 6
    * Highest Championship Position: First (1999)

  18. #18
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    the 1000cc bikes were making 240+ horsepower and they have traction control. never see tank slappers nor a high-side anymore.
    Don't that just suck monkey nuts?!?!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Harvest, AL
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000C, Raleigh M50
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big MotoGP fan. I was a big 2-wheel fan years ago, but lost interest for a while. Last year, I get back into and now I favor it more than any of 4 wheel series I follow. I had far more "OMG, DID YOU SEE THAT?" moments wathing MotoGP than any other series last year.

  20. #20
    Moto gp dokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    it only took nicky how long to "beat" him with the best bike and with the best team.

    rossi took yamaha, which was almost nowhere in moto gp, and made them champions. nicky can't do that and will never win another title.

    +1 i doubt that hayden will win again so he better enjoy the number one while it lasts.

    ONLY reason why rossi lost.. do you guys remember like the 4 races he had mechanical problems. blown out tyres, engine blowing up at laguna, engine blew up at some other track i cant remebmer the name but he had like a 3 second lead gap and it was like the last lap.

    or what about the first race of the seson on jerez were somone crashed rossi sendin him to the back of the pack.

    he went through all this and STILL gave nicky a run for his money on the chapionship and almost won the championship. all these reasons is why rossi did not have the points and it gave hayden a cahnce to catch up. if it came to pure riding rossi wins hands down again.

    lets see how good his bike holds up this season.

    ps. remember gary mcoy.. he almost got a bike this season but the 800 he was testing did not give him the spot. he is looking to get ona team to race this season.. i hope he does

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    620
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I love it! Been hooked since I started riding street bikes back about 1980. Kenny Roberts was coming to the end of his career. Freddie Spencer was taking over. Then came Wayne Rainey , then Micheal Doohan. Havn't paid much attention to it for a few years, but Nicky H. has made it exciting again.

  22. #22
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dokie
    +1 i doubt that hayden will win again so he better enjoy the number one while it lasts.

    ONLY reason why rossi lost.. do you guys remember like the 4 races he had mechanical problems. blown out tyres, engine blowing up at laguna, engine blew up at some other track i cant remebmer the name but he had like a 3 second lead gap and it was like the last lap.

    or what about the first race of the seson on jerez were somone crashed rossi sendin him to the back of the pack.

    he went through all this and STILL gave nicky a run for his money on the chapionship and almost won the championship. all these reasons is why rossi did not have the points and it gave hayden a cahnce to catch up. if it came to pure riding rossi wins hands down again.

    lets see how good his bike holds up this season.

    ps. remember gary mcoy.. he almost got a bike this season but the 800 he was testing did not give him the spot. he is looking to get ona team to race this season.. i hope he does


    It's racin'! Look what hapened in the next to the last race, Nicky was taken out by his own farkin' team mate. The real reason Rossi didn't take the plate was... He didn't have enough points. Pure, simple, fact. The rest is all just racing. You want to piss and moan about all the bad turns Valentino's season took? Fine.

    When the coulda, woulda, shoulda has all been played its points. Hayden had 'em, Rossi didn't. To the victor the spoils.

    I got $25 t to buy you a red star that says Hayden takes the GP championship again this year. If I'm right, you buy one for my partner. Any takers?
    Last edited by Stacey; 02-03-08 at 11:59 AM.

  23. #23
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    I got $25 t to buy you a red star that says Hayden takes the GP championship again this year. If I'm right, you buy one for my partner. Any takers?


    i'll take that bet. and i'll have a dead crow for you to eat, too.

    *extends hand for a shake...*
    Wow.

  24. #24
    EV + PV clutchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Crafton
    My Bikes
    '06 Lemond Sarthe!!
    Posts
    1,531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragracer
    Oh yeah, I love it! Been hooked since I started riding street bikes back about 1980. Kenny Roberts was coming to the end of his career. Freddie Spencer was taking over. Then came Wayne Rainey , then Micheal Doohan. Havn't paid much attention to it for a few years, but Nicky H. has made it exciting again.

    awesome!!

  25. #25
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    i'll take that bet. and i'll have a dead crow for you to eat, too.

    *extends hand for a shake...*
    Dealio my friend. You keep your crow, I got a nice piece of Humble Pie bakin' in the oven. D

    *Grasps hand firmly and shakes heartily*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •