Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I found a purse.

    A few days ago in my backyard, I punted the football and it sort of cleared our 20 ft bushes, and so I thought it went over the 15ft fence behind it...well today I ride my bike over to where the other end of the fence is (it is an empty lot in a developing neighborgood) and try and find the football. I didnt find it but I did find this little purse along a tree.
    It got me curious as to what's in it. So I open it and see there is cosmetics stiff and a wallet. I closed it, threw it over the fence and rode around home. It took me 20 minutes to find the purse in my backyard cause of the bushes, but when I did find it, I opened up the wallet and found lots of cards to groceyr stores, a costo card with a name and photo I.D, and surpisingly a medical insurance card to Unicare. It got me wondering why there wasnt any money and especially credit cards. It had some medical cards with a date of november 16th.
    I wonder what I should do. I took some pictures, because I didnt want to bring in the dirty stuff into the house. This purse had to be there for months, because this purse was beginning to decompose pretty well.
    My guess is that the purse was stolen, had all the cash and credit cards removed, and who ever stole it threw the purse there. I wonder if I can contact her.
    Last edited by EJ123; 02-17-07 at 07:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Leaving Clydehood cydisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    My Bikes
    Trek 850
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's stolen, like you're surmising, I'd definitely contact her. Maybe the cops have an investigation and they can lift some evidence from it. Probably not, but it can't hurt to follow through on your end. A little extra good karma never hurts.
    Standard disclaimer applies. Your mileage may vary.

    2005 Schwinn Fastback (fast commuter)
    1995 Trek 950 (foul weather/possible winter commuter)
    1990 Trek 850 (rehabbed and given to daughter)
    2009 Nashbar single speed (Gift to son for college)

  3. #3
    SERENITY NOW!!! jyossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the 212
    My Bikes
    Haro Vector, IRO Rob Roy, Bianchi Veloce
    Posts
    8,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, stolen and discarded after the cash and credit cards were taken. Drop it off at your local precinct and tell them where you found it.
    HHCMF - Take pride in your ability to amaze lesser mortals! - MikeR



    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

  4. #4
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    I've had enough.
    Posts
    898
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or you can just wear it and dance around the neighborhood

  5. #5
    Foo-Schnickens sizzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    PA
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek Multitrack, 2011 Raleigh Revenio, Airborne Guardian
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming it matches his outfit of course.

  6. #6
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was a teenager, my mom had her purse stolen at work. It was found 30 miles away from her office, all money and credit cards gone, of course. What was in there was this picture of my dad when they were first dating, and it was her only copy. Since he had just died the month before, she was extremely grateful to the guy who found the purse and contacted her.

    Get a hold of the woman. You never know what's in a purse that could be important to her.

  7. #7
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe just the costo or the medical card.

  8. #8
    Leaving Clydehood cydisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    My Bikes
    Trek 850
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gonna use that chapstick?
    Standard disclaimer applies. Your mileage may vary.

    2005 Schwinn Fastback (fast commuter)
    1995 Trek 950 (foul weather/possible winter commuter)
    1990 Trek 850 (rehabbed and given to daughter)
    2009 Nashbar single speed (Gift to son for college)

  9. #9
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Five-0, they'll know what to do.

  10. #10
    It is what it is... Minesbroken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Long Island NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 6500 w/ stuff
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed...let John Law figure it out
    sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

    myspace
    myplace
    my bike

  11. #11
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ123
    A few days ago in my backyard, I punted the football and it sort of cleared our 20 ft bushes, and so I thought it went over the 15ft fence behind it...well today I ride my bike over to where the other end of the fence is (it is an empty lot in a developing neighborgood) and try and find the football. I didnt find it but I did find this little purse along a tree.
    It got me curious as to what's in it. So I open it and see there is cosmetics stiff and a wallet. I closed it, threw it over the fence and rode around home. It took me 20 minutes to find the purse in my backyard cause of the bushes, but when I did find it, I opened up the wallet and found lots of cards to groceyr stores, a costo card with a name and photo I.D, and surpisingly a medical insurance card to Unicare. It got me wondering why there wasnt any money and especially credit cards. It had some medical cards with a date of november 16th.
    I wonder what I should do. I took some pictures, because I didnt want to bring in the dirty stuff into the house. This purse had to be there for months, because this purse was beginning to decompose pretty well.
    My guess is that the purse was stolen, had all the cash and credit cards removed, and who ever stole it threw the purse there. I wonder if I can contact her.

    That sucks, someone probably did steal the purse and threw it there.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  12. #12
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,117
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can I have it? It goes with my shoes perfectly.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr
    Can I have it? It goes with my shoes perfectly.
    Well i would still return it, it still has her i.d card. You also said grocery store cards and health insurance card sounds quite valuable to me.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  14. #14
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do I go? I did a search on whitepages, but it found a 50 yr old in my city, or some other aged woman in hurst. I would have had to pay to see other stuff.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ123
    Where do I go? I did a search on whitepages, but it found a 50 yr old in my city, or some other aged woman in hurst. I would have had to pay to see other stuff.
    Drop it off to the police and have them waste their time to find her.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  16. #16
    Theodore Roosevelt's idol TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Vagabond
    My Bikes
    Affirmative
    Posts
    9,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ123
    Where do I go? I did a search on whitepages, but it found a 50 yr old in my city, or some other aged woman in hurst. I would have had to pay to see other stuff.
    Why not call each of them up and ask if they had their purse swiped or stolen a while ago?
    Is trick from science!

  17. #17
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know the number.
    The woman is Sherrie W. Stanford of texas.

  18. #18
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerob
    Did you smell anything "funny" in the same area you found the purse? Are dogs digging in the ground near where you found the purse? Are there several mole trails going towards where you found the purse?
    No but less than 20 feet away from the purse, on my lot, is a bazillion little tunnels of mole holes. anywhere you step you sink in a few inches.

  19. #19
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably floating around those mole tunnels.

  20. #20
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmhm.

  21. #21
    '05 NUEser EJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well only for like half a second lol.

  22. #22
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,117
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    call the cops and let them know what you found.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •