Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-07, 12:59 PM   #1
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
Thread Starter
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I won, I WON!!!!

But I never even entered. How bizzare?!?!


CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE WON!!!.

REF: DRF/933221523/542
BATCH: 21/532/8YPK/NL

Dear Winner,

Following official publication of results of the E-mail electronic online
Sweepstakes organized by the Sponsor Bingo Lotterij International NL, the
Slidecircuir award and the Heineken prizes in conjunction with the
foundation for the promotion of software products,
(F.P.S.), held on the 19th of february, 2007, in Amsterdam The Netherlands,
wherein your electronic email address emerged as one of the online winning
email in the 1st category and therefore attracted a cash award of 1,000,000
Dollars (One million Dollars only),
We write to officially notify you of this award and to advise you to contact
the
processing office immediately upon receipt of this message for more
information concerning the verification processing and eventual payment of
the above prize to you.
It is important to note that your award information was released today the
20th of february 2007 with thefollowing particulars attached to it.

(I) Award numbers: TL 22/23149
(ii) Email ticket number: TK390/12/67
(iii) The file REFERENCE NUMBER:KG/1960/30/16
Please contact the claim agents within 5 working days to
facilitate the release of your prize, You are required to mention the above
particulars of your award in every correspondence addressed to the
processing agents.

----------------------------------------------------
CONTACT NAME: MR. JAN VAN KOK.
CITY/ COUNTRY: Zwolle, THE Netherlands.
TEL:0031-630-010-727.
EMAIL:sponsorlott26@netscape.net
----------------------------------------------------

The Sponsor Bingo Lotterij Awards is sponsored by a consortium of software
promotion companies.The Intel Group,Toshiba, Dell Computers, Microsoftand
other international companies.The Sponsor Bingo Lotterij
Internet draw is held periodically and is so
organized to encourage the use of the Internet and promote computer literacy
worldwide.We are proud to say that over 20 Million Dollars are won annually
in more
than 150 countries worldwide.Remember, all winning must be claimed not later
than 10th of March, 2007.Please note, in order to avoid unnecessary delays
and complications,remember to quote your reference number and batch number
in all correspondence.
Once again on behalf of all our staff,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sincerely,

Mrs.Susan Hof.

Promotions Coordinator




Shall I play along and post correspondence?
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 01:07 PM   #2
chipcom 
Infamous Member
 
chipcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi
Posts: 24,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To officially enter, please press your delete button. Thank you.

It ain't worth playing along dear, you may 'attract' much more that a cash award.
__________________
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
chipcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 01:08 PM   #3
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No...don't even play along. I know it seems like fun...but those dudes are criminals and could be dangerous.

Just take their email address used to send it to you and sign up for every porn "pic of the day" newsletter you can find.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 01:11 PM   #4
iNewton
Senior Member
 
iNewton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baie-Comeau, Québec
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Comp '06
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
CONTACT NAME: MR. JAN VAN KOK.
Classy.
iNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 01:12 PM   #5
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNewton
Classy.
Maybe Jock Von Kok would have been better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 01:53 PM   #6
timmhaan
more ape than man
 
timmhaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nyc
Bikes:
Posts: 8,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
[I]CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE WON!!!.

REF: DRF/933221523/542
BATCH: 21/532/8YPK/NL
i don't know guys, it looks legit to me. i mean, they have a reference number AND a batch number. you can't just make those up.
timmhaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 02:11 PM   #7
sizzam
Foo-Schnickens
 
sizzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PA
Bikes: 1995 Trek Multitrack, 2011 Raleigh Revenio, Airborne Guardian
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you decide to play along, you should try to get them to send you a picture of themselves for the 419 Eater Trophy Room:

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm
sizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 02:54 PM   #8
dragracer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CONGRATULATIONS!! You are RICH!!! You can buy more smilies!!
dragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 02:57 PM   #9
SingleSpeeDemon
Team Sohoku
 
SingleSpeeDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Not where I want to be.
Bikes: BMC, Cannondale, '87 Nishiki Modulus, 3Rensho Keirin
Posts: 2,006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Lucky bastard. I never win anything.
SingleSpeeDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 03:02 PM   #10
Taerom
Hazardous
 
Taerom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Quarantine
Bikes: 2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
Posts: 727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzam
If you decide to play along, you should try to get them to send you a picture of themselves for the 419 Eater Trophy Room:

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm
That site is great!
Taerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 03:07 PM   #11
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taerom
That site is great!
Ever seen ebola monkey man?

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 05:30 PM   #12
EJ123
'05 NUEser
 
EJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 3,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgurl
Bust a cap in they ass!
Fo shiz.
EJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 06:59 PM   #13
Minesbroken
It is what it is...
 
Minesbroken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Long Island NY
Bikes: Trek 6500 w/ stuff
Posts: 806
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipcom
To officially enter, please press your delete button. Thank you.

It ain't worth playing along dear, you may 'attract' much more that a cash award.
+1 dont go for it.
__________________
sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

myspace
myplace
my bike
Minesbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-07, 07:06 PM   #14
TRACKMAN
hide not your essence
 
TRACKMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dodge City
Bikes: Airborne,Guerciotti,Jamis,Merckx,Paris Sport,Raleigh,Vitus
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hmmm, I received letter from Publishers Sweepstakes last week. I won FOUR (4) consolation prizes.
four checks for $400.oo USD here was the catch, only good toward purchase of :

1. a 386 Dell laptop $ 879.oo
2. luggage $ 950.oo
3. two cheesy gold plated watches $749.oo
4. Dell Optiplex 1.3 GHZ system only ( no monitor) $975.oo
5. Digital CamCorder $850.oo

Priceless...lol
__________________
May you find the joy and peace you long for.
Life is a journey ... NOT a guided tour.
.......__O
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )...
TRACKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 07:57 AM   #15
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
Posts: 21,455
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
On the other hand, you really did win this:



Or at least, you win the purple water bottle cage!



Oh sorry, this is related to bikes, isn't it? Perhaps the mods won't notice .

East Hill
__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 08:04 AM   #16
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
Thread Starter
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's foo, no one will tell.
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 12:41 PM   #17
orcanova
Senior Member
 
orcanova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NOLA
Bikes:
Posts: 2,196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are the two guys who manage the sweepstakes payout...



orcanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 12:16 PM   #18
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah!!! I just won too!!!!!! The job of a lifetime.
---------------------------------------


Dear Representative,
I welcome you back from the christmas and new year holiday. Well, I am
Dr Zhao Chun [Mrs] the Employment Manager of Anyang Stariver Cereals,
Oils & Foodstuffs Co., Ltd that is established by Neihuang Stariver
Edible Oil Plant & ANYANG FENGYU TRADING CO.,LTD.One of the largest
peanut producing areas in China. With a mild climate, our peanuts are
grown in the sandy soil far from the industrial pollution and aflatoxin
contamination.
We endeavor to establish a total relationship with the local peanut grower
and an intense partnership with its customers. We are playing a leadership
role in agri business, linking R & D efforts, input supply, farmer
education and farm exte nsion services. This results in assured quality of
raw material and quality processing of output with a reliable market
structure.
As a plan to the success of this developmental drive,we require the
service of a qualified person t o represent the company as a Customer
Relationship Representative Officer whose duty will include the following:
The duties of the successful applicant includes the following:

1 -Collecting payment on behalf of the Company from customers.
2 -Receiving ORDER from Customers and notifying the company for
onward delivery.
3 -Helping to keep a good customer relationship between the
Company and the customers.
4 & nbsp; -Any other duties as may be proscribed by the Company
5 -Giving and collecting iof information to customers from the
company and feed back from customers to the company.

Any suitable or quali fied person should send a written application using
the format below:

Names:
Age:
Gender:
Contact Addressvery Important)
Means Of Identification Attachedvery important)
Telephone:
Fax:
Company/Position Held
Country of Residence:
Renumeration is 10% of every after sales payment collected from customers
on behalf of the Company.
Note that this Advertisement closes two weeks from the date of
publication.Please if you are interested in this offer, send your response
to our staff below:

Head Media/Human Resource Department
Name:Mr Khian Lee Chow
Email: recruit_dept01@yahoo.com.cn

Thanks for your time, which we appreciate. We look forward to hearing
from you soon.
Yours in Health And Wealth
Dr Zhao Chun [mrs]
Employment Manager
Anyang Stariver Cereals, Oils & Foodstuffs Co., Ltd
Rm.912,9/F,Tobacco Mansion,No.5 Hongqi
Road, Anyang,Henan,P.R. China
WE WORK FOR PEANUT AND WE'RE PROUD OF IT!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 07:12 PM   #19
wheelhot
Senior Member
 
wheelhot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Malaysia
Bikes: Giant Anthem, Polygon Quatro
Posts: 1,554
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hmm, what if you print it and show to the police to confirm if its real? or maybe you could find out if the company really exist and they really have 1mill++ in their savings?
wheelhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 07:37 PM   #20
Mr. Gear Jammer
Senior Member
 
Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
But I never even entered. How bizzare?!?!


CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE WON!!!.

REF: DRF/933221523/542
BATCH: 21/532/8YPK/NL

Dear Winner,

Following official publication of results of the E-mail electronic online
Sweepstakes organized by the Sponsor Bingo Lotterij International NL, the
Slidecircuir award and the Heineken prizes in conjunction with the
foundation for the promotion of software products,
(F.P.S.), held on the 19th of february, 2007, in Amsterdam The Netherlands,
wherein your electronic email address emerged as one of the online winning
email in the 1st category and therefore attracted a cash award of 1,000,000
Dollars (One million Dollars only),
We write to officially notify you of this award and to advise you to contact
the
processing office immediately upon receipt of this message for more
information concerning the verification processing and eventual payment of
the above prize to you.
It is important to note that your award information was released today the
20th of february 2007 with thefollowing particulars attached to it.

(I) Award numbers: TL 22/23149
(ii) Email ticket number: TK390/12/67
(iii) The file REFERENCE NUMBER:KG/1960/30/16
Please contact the claim agents within 5 working days to
facilitate the release of your prize, You are required to mention the above
particulars of your award in every correspondence addressed to the
processing agents.

----------------------------------------------------
CONTACT NAME: MR. JAN VAN KOK.
CITY/ COUNTRY: Zwolle, THE Netherlands.
TEL:0031-630-010-727.
EMAIL:sponsorlott26@netscape.net
----------------------------------------------------

The Sponsor Bingo Lotterij Awards is sponsored by a consortium of software
promotion companies.The Intel Group,Toshiba, Dell Computers, Microsoftand
other international companies.The Sponsor Bingo Lotterij
Internet draw is held periodically and is so
organized to encourage the use of the Internet and promote computer literacy
worldwide.We are proud to say that over 20 Million Dollars are won annually
in more
than 150 countries worldwide.Remember, all winning must be claimed not later
than 10th of March, 2007.Please note, in order to avoid unnecessary delays
and complications,remember to quote your reference number and batch number
in all correspondence.
Once again on behalf of all our staff,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sincerely,

Mrs.Susan Hof.

Promotions Coordinator




Shall I play along and post correspondence?

No they will make you buy stupid stuff.
Mr. Gear Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 10:28 AM   #21
jacob
truthisntalwayswanttohear
 
jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Bikes: Fuji Crosstown, with seat altered by hacksaw and sports tape
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stacey asks, "Shall I play along and post correspondence?"
If you want to, go ahead.
I find your rodentum intriguing. Lagomorphs were eaten by Middle Earth characters; hopefully we can all follow their example someday(sooner than later). Well, I had better practice what I preach. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

Jacob Vickery
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 10:37 AM   #22
jacob
truthisntalwayswanttohear
 
jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Bikes: Fuji Crosstown, with seat altered by hacksaw and sports tape
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dear Dalia Frumpiwicz Cromulentian,

It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance on the Ides of March, the week after your wedding anniversary to the managing director of Recrolectwet Proija, a Czech biotech powerhouse. Please return the following notary public's cash deposit to Western Union by tomorrow and you will have engaged in the trip of a lifetime to a northern recess of Liechtenstein. If at all you feel uneasy, please remember that our people will provide all that is necessary for your pure enjoyment of right whale meat in our chartered Lotus. Best wishes,

Yurislavuiyeil Haie, CFO, senior VP
lawn fertilizer and pesticide
(grasshopper propagation) antagonist
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 01:11 PM   #23
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
Thread Starter
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob
I find your rodentum intriguing.

Lagomorphs were eaten by Middle Earth characters; hopefully we can all follow their example someday(sooner than later). Well, I had better practice what I preach. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!

Jacob Vickery
Thank you.

Now what the hell are you talking about? In English son, not that blasted Hobbitspeak!
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 06:26 AM   #24
jacob
truthisntalwayswanttohear
 
jacob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Stone Mountain, Georgia
Bikes: Fuji Crosstown, with seat altered by hacksaw and sports tape
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lagomorphs are the biological classification which includes (most notably) rabbits.

on their way to Mordor, Frodo and Sam ate a rabbit.

[As a side note, one time, when I lived in the country, I tried to trap a rabbit and failed.]

Here is a hint for one who possesses a little cleverness: the Easter bunny is a rabbit.
It would be nice, perhaps, to explain, but I am a Roman Catholic and do not want to be accused of blasphemy, at least not by some of the "heathen" forum mavens around here.
I hope you understand, Stacey.

Say the following prayer and this may increase your "spirituality:"

HELL Mary, pool of Mace, a sword should cut thee. I guessed that people (wow) would consume your innards, and blessed is the fruit of that tomb, Jesus. Not only in theory, you bother God: prey for us to be winners, at your expense. Hopefully you will have nothing to do with the hour of our death. Amen.

Jacob Vickery
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-07, 07:16 AM   #25
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
Thread Starter
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I understand completely... You ate the brown acid.

Two diametricaly opposed schools of humor I guess. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:41 AM.