Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-07, 07:58 AM   #1
RacerMike
Huge Member
Thread Starter
 
RacerMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ittybittycity, MD
Bikes: 2009 BMC Team Machine, Pedal Force RS2, Salsa Campeon, Jamis Nova, Trek 7000
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
France invaded by swarms of giant hornets

Hornet death squads menace France

In related news, France surrendered today to swarms of giant hornets.

Mike - done with my Foo contributions for this month.
__________________
--
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
If you're faster than me, you're fast. If you're not, you suck.
RacerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 08:41 AM   #2
Jerseysbest
J E R S E Y S B E S T
 
Jerseysbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: DC
Bikes:
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Haha, that articles a joke right?
Jerseysbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 08:51 AM   #3
RacerMike
Huge Member
Thread Starter
 
RacerMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ittybittycity, MD
Bikes: 2009 BMC Team Machine, Pedal Force RS2, Salsa Campeon, Jamis Nova, Trek 7000
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no, the article at the link is real. The hornets in France and the outbreak of lice in Japan brought to you by global warming
__________________
--
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals View Post
If you're faster than me, you're fast. If you're not, you suck.
RacerMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:03 AM   #4
twahl
Tom (ex)Builder
 
twahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manassas, VA
Bikes: Specialized Allez
Posts: 2,814
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerMike
no, the article at the link is real. The hornets in France and the outbreak of lice in Japan brought to you by global warming
Uh, Mike, you didn't get the memo. We're not calling it "global warming" any more, cause too many people question that when it's 12 below in Houston. Now we call it "global climate change" so we can blame everything on it without actually proving anything.

Besides, the French are just using the code word "hornets", it's really an invasion of Hungarian performing midgets, but we can't call them that cause it's not politically correct, and it makes them look like pansies. They tried "le petite garcon" but that didn't go over well, everyone thought they were being invaded by the Vienna Boys Choir.

So they just went with "hornets".
__________________
Tom

"It hurts so good..."
twahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:14 AM   #5
SaabFan
The AVatar Ninja
 
SaabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Perhaps they were invaded by a certain basketball team from a US city with a strong inspiration française?

SaabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:19 AM   #6
apclassic9
Caustic Soccer Mom
 
apclassic9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Millstone WV
Bikes:
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Bee Surveillance spokesman - now, that sounds like a fun job!
__________________
As with mud, life, too, slides by.
apclassic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:40 AM   #7
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apclassic9
The Bee Surveillance spokesman - now, that sounds like a fun job!
It could be. Imagine the witty reparte at press conferences.

Media: BS spokesman, what is all this buzz about?

BS Spokesman: None of your beeswax!
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:42 AM   #8
SaabFan
The AVatar Ninja
 
SaabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The fact that he's the Bee Surveillance Spokesperson implies that there are a whole lot of BS people out there, and he's just their mouthpiece. I wonder what some of the other titles are?
SaabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:50 AM   #9
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I bet they run lots of sting operations.
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:55 AM   #10
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerMike
Hornet death squads menace France

In related news, France surrendered today to swarms of giant hornets.

Mike - done with my Foo contributions for this month.
how can you be done? you just started!!!
blonduathlongrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:57 AM   #11
sizzam
Foo-Schnickens
 
sizzam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: PA
Bikes: 1995 Trek Multitrack, 2011 Raleigh Revenio, Airborne Guardian
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsharr
I bet they run lots of sting operations.
sizzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 10:04 AM   #12
SaabFan
The AVatar Ninja
 
SaabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh oh oh! I want to be Minister of Sting.

We need to find someone really anal to be Manager of Yellow Stripe Width Measurement Team.

And our resident gourmet chefs can become Director(s) of Filling English Muffin Nooks With Honey.

I wonder if those guys drink lots of mead. . .
SaabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 10:08 AM   #13
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabFan
Oh oh oh! I want to be Minister of Sting.DONE

We need to find someone really anal to be Manager of Yellow Stripe Width Measurement Team.KT

And our resident gourmet chefs can become Director(s) of Filling English Muffin Nooks With Honey.BDG and Vega

I wonder if those guys drink lots of mead. . .
NO, we drink this
__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 10:12 AM   #14
cydewaze
Emondafied
 
cydewaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Maryland
Bikes: See sig
Posts: 4,824
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...whornets21.xml
__________________

my bike page - my journal
Current Stable: Trek Emonda SL - Trek Top Fuel 8 - Scattante XRL - Jamis Dakar Expert - Trek 9700 - AlpineStars Al Mega
cydewaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 10:15 AM   #15
apclassic9
Caustic Soccer Mom
 
apclassic9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Millstone WV
Bikes:
Posts: 1,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabFan
The fact that he's the Bee Surveillance Spokesperson implies that there are a whole lot of BS people out there, and he's just their mouthpiece. I wonder what some of the other titles are?
Manager of the Insect Information Service is, one might surmise, the British equivelent to the Bee Surveillance Team?

Regardless, they should all be required to wear those SNL bee suits.
__________________
As with mud, life, too, slides by.
apclassic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 04:23 PM   #16
svt4cam
On a mission from God
 
svt4cam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In a squalor
Bikes: 6? Favorit (under construction), 82 Bianchi Nuovo Racer, 76 Alan, 8? Raleigh Fixie, 75 Atala, 94 Cannondale 2.8, 75 Paramount P13, 94 Cannondale RT1000 tandem, 76 Masi Gran Criterium, 81 Motobecane Grand Touring, 77 Mondia Super, 12 Specialized Crux
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twahl
Uh, Mike, you didn't get the memo. We're not calling it "global warming" any more, cause too many people question that when it's 12 below in Houston. Now we call it "global climate change" so we can blame everything on it without actually proving anything.

Besides, the French are just using the code word "hornets", it's really an invasion of Hungarian performing midgets, but we can't call them that cause it's not politically correct, and it makes them look like pansies. They tried "le petite garcon" but that didn't go over well, everyone thought they were being invaded by the Vienna Boys Choir.

So they just went with "hornets".
+1
svt4cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:33 PM   #17
cydisc
Leaving Clydehood
 
cydisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Iowa
Bikes: Trek 850
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long did it take France to surrender?
cydisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 09:41 PM   #18
dblock
i read this at work
 
dblock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LI, New York
Bikes: IRO BFSSFG group buy, 2007 tommaso trascinare road
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there's a video i saw on myspace, it might be on youtube as well, it was a video of 30 hornets attacking a hive of 30,000 honeybees and the hornets decimated them. it was pretty sweet
dblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 09:41 AM   #19
gurana
Tête de Limace
 
gurana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland
Bikes: '05 Specialized Allez Sport Triple
Posts: 1,542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblock
there's a video i saw on myspace, it might be on youtube as well, it was a video of 30 hornets attacking a hive of 30,000 honeybees and the hornets decimated them. it was pretty sweet
30 Hornets
I particularly like the movie trailer guy voice over and the ominous battle background music.
__________________

Les Douleurs de la Mort. :: Sed fugit interea fugit irreparabile tempus.
gurana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-07, 09:55 AM   #20
kemmer
*****es love tarck
 
kemmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sandy, UT
Bikes: so many
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydisc
How long did it take France to surrender?
Damn, you beat me to it.
__________________
kemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 AM.