Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Post Your Rides & Rigs - Foo Edition Part II (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/290008-post-your-rides-rigs-foo-edition-part-ii.html)

ms.gio 05-14-07 02:26 PM

^ Great to know. Thanks.

jyossarian 05-14-07 02:43 PM

Maybe you should put together a skill share on chifg. Skips, skids, trackstands and bike polo type skillz. Throw in beer and you got yourself a party!

ms.gio 05-14-07 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyossarian
Maybe you should put together a skill share on chifg. Skips, skids, trackstands and bike polo type skillz. Throw in beer and you got yourself a party!

I am a member on Chifg but I haven't been there for a while.

eightdip 05-15-07 06:49 AM

Good ol' Bmx

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...p/DSC04043.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...p/DSC04044.jpg

jsharr 05-15-07 08:24 AM

My time spent in the BMX forum and the pics posted by you and WTP make me miss my old Webco Replica.

eightdip 05-15-07 08:26 AM

You should get a bmx, hella fun

jsharr 05-15-07 08:32 AM

if I ever see a webco I can afford I am so buying it, when my sons start riding a lot, i may look into a 24 or is there something larger?

eightdip 05-15-07 08:34 AM

There is a 26, a volume sledgehammer i think it's called. But that kind of defies the point of a bmx really.

jsharr 05-15-07 08:35 AM

is a 24 sacrileged as well, or could I still be cool? if a fat old guy on a bmx bike can be cool.

ModoVincere 05-15-07 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr
is a 24 sacrileged as well, or could I still be cool? if a fat old guy on a bmx bike can be cool.


I miss my old team murray 24". You get one, I may have to follow suit. But I'm not sure how a 40 yr old on BMX is gonna look.

jyossarian 05-15-07 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModoVincere
I miss my old team murray 24". You get one, I may have to follow suit. But I'm not sure how a 40 yr old on BMX is gonna look.

Think your 40 year old knees can handle the low riding position?

ModoVincere 05-15-07 09:06 AM

I think its gonna be more the pounding from the landings that'll do them in. That is if I ride the thing like I did 20+ yrs ago.

jsharr 05-15-07 09:08 AM

bet you don't!!!! I know i won't.

giantcfr1 05-15-07 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.gio
Well, I did ride her with a freewheel but, now she's fixed. I've been getting used to riding it fixed which makes me happy. Currently, I'm trying to teach myself how to skid/skip so I can get rid of the rear brake. I get so much talk from other fixed gear riders like "why do you ride your bike with a rear brake?" or I would just get weird looks from them. *shrugs* In due time, I say.

Nothing wrong with using a rear brake. I believe the keirin riders here use a rear when just starting. I see alot of fixed bikes here with rear brakes.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...y290106007.jpg

jyossarian 05-15-07 11:07 AM

giant, wanna make a couple bucks by picking me up a keirin frame?

ms.gio 05-15-07 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1
Nothing wrong with using a rear brake. I believe the keirin riders here use a rear when just starting. I see alot of fixed bikes here with rear brakes.

Thanks giant. I think in the next month I'll take off the rear brake if I stay dedicated to learning. If not, I'll stay on it.

polara426sh 05-15-07 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.gio

What size frame is that? It looks really small. I really like the Fuji Track, good looking ride.:)

eightdip 05-15-07 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.gio
Thanks giant. I think in the next month I'll take off the rear brake if I stay dedicated to learning. If not, I'll stay on it.

Its all about no brakes :D

ms.gio 05-15-07 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polara426sh
What size frame is that? It looks really small. I really like the Fuji Track, good looking ride.:)

It's a Fuji Track SE. It's a great ride. It's 43cm. Mind you I'm vertically challenged. I stand at a tall 5'2". :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightdip
Its all about no brakes :D

In due time eightdip.

jyossarian 05-15-07 12:52 PM

Don't be afraid to ride w/ both brakes ms. gio. They come in handy on long descents when you unclip your feet and fixie coast all the way down a hill.

ms.gio 05-15-07 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyossarian
Don't be afraid to ride w/ both brakes ms. gio. They come in handy on long descents when you unclip your feet and fixie coast all the way down a hill.

Thanks jyo. I used to date someone who used to give me slack about it.

jyossarian 05-15-07 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.gio
Thanks jyo. I used to date someone who used to give me slack about it.

He was probably a hipster turd licker. Good choice to dump his emo butt.

eightdip 05-15-07 01:09 PM

Well put!

ms.gio 05-15-07 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyossarian
He was probably a hipster turd licker. Good choice to dump his emo butt.

:lol: actually, he dumped me... :( whatever. his loss not mine.

jyossarian 05-15-07 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.gio
:lol: actually, he dumped me... :( whatever. his loss not mine.

Good! Saves you the hassle of him stalking you all the time begging you to take him back and that he's changed his mind about being brakeless.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:12 PM.