Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 129
  1. #1
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    This is why I hate California. Big rant.

    Matthew Corwin, student body president of east LA college, military veteran and current reservist, was arrested without breaking any laws in SoCal. Like me he is a little bit different than the majority of people in that he is obsessed with firearms. I'd say he is also much more open about it than I am, but he never hurt anyone, and he never broke any laws. But police kicked in his door, arrested him, and charged him with a bunch of bogus weapons violations. The sad fact of the matter seems to be that neither the police nor the criminals know or care what weapons laws are, and only upstanding citizens like Mat follow them. All he ever did to get in trouble was post pictures on myspace of himself and his friends at the range with their guns which imbecile G men in California were too stupid to realize were legal.

    He is charged with:
    5 counts of 'sale/distribution of assault weapons'
    4 counts of 'possession of assault weapons'
    1 count of 'recieving stolen property'
    2 counts of 'possession of a deadly weapon'

    All felonies. His bail is set at 365,000 dollars.

    To make it worse, the media is slandering him.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true

    He is in a hell hole of a jail waiting to be tried. He doesn't have the money to make bail, so having waived his right to a speedy trial per his lawyers advice, he is spending his days among murderers, ******* and theives. Again, for having done nothing wrong.

    The only thing he may have broken the law with is related to his military service. He is being charged with what I have read people say is bogus as hell, and stuff that many people do apon leaving the military, namely taking a few souvineeres like a chemical protective suit (which very easily could have been purchased at a surplus store) and his ID which is technically government property. If any of you current or former soldiers can disagree or agree with what I have read which is that these are bull**** charges please tell me.

    Its a complicated situation, too complicated for me to rattle off all the details, but here are a couple threads on California's main firearms enthusiast *** forum which Matthew posts on as "Blackwaterops" in case anyone wants more information.

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56827
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56684

    Sorry to rant, but shooters are the same all over, and not knowing him, but having much in common with him, it really frosts my ass. The government is severely out of hand here.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-05-07 at 09:43 PM.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  2. #2
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a few guys who got in trouble for trying to 'take a few souvenirs' home with them. Mostly were things like dummy grenades or NBC masks (those cost a **** load, if he took an entire suit he deserves to get punished for taking stolen property). Souvenirs are a thing of the past in the Army (or atleast are supposed to be). I have never heard of people being punished for it years after they got out of the Army, though.

    Apart from that I never understood some people's fascination with assualt weapons. I carried one for three years and NEVER want to touch one again. They are for killing people, and unless you are killing people there is no reason to have them. And its killing people, plural. I dont think they need to be made illegal, because no one uses a legal assault weapon for illegal activities anyway -- just sayin I never understood why people would want them around as they serve no purpose better than another (and probably cheaper) firearm to a law abiding civilian. Just my 2cp, if you dont agree dont bother jumping on me cause believe me, I have heard it before

    Edit: I just realized his posting name is Blackwaterops. Makes me doubt his benevolent intentions even more, but thats a COMPLETELY different rant.
    Last edited by asherlighn; 05-05-07 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of your beliefs which are differ greatly from mine on "assault weapons" which legally these weren't anyway, he broke no laws in that regard.

    And lets say that he stole a hazmat suit (being an abatement worker I don't believe military grade ones could cost THAT much), but saying he did, is that worth 365,000 dollars for bail and 5 felonies? Hell no.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  4. #4
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn
    Edit: I just realized his posting name is Blackwaterops. Makes me doubt his benevolent intentions even more, but thats a COMPLETELY different rant.
    He's really into it. He even likes to post this saying which I believe was "Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet", which I believe is a Marine slogan. (Again looking to be corrected if wrong)

    That certainly is a bit obnoxious to most people, even to me to a certain extent, but its still not like he hurt anybody or broke any big deal laws.

    By the way, one thing about the property he is accused of stealing, I would have thought only a military court could charge him with that.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  5. #5
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Regardless of your beliefs which are differ greatly from mine on "assault weapons" which legally these weren't anyway, he broke no laws in that regard.

    And lets say that he stole a hazmat suit (being an abatement worker I don't believe military grade ones could cost THAT much), but saying he did, is that worth 365,000 dollars for bail and 5 felonies? Hell no.
    Probably not. I agree the police probably should have done some investigation beforehand. But its not as if they could go up to him and ask to see his collection of firearms. That is asking to get shot. You absolutly have to assume worst case scenario when dealing with something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn
    Probably not. I agree the police probably should have done some investigation beforehand. But its not as if they could go up to him and ask to see his collection of firearms. That is asking to get shot. You absolutly have to assume worst case scenario when dealing with something like this.
    You are supposed to have probable cause before a judge signs an arrest warrant. Its called due process. Its in the bill of rights.

    Edit: No, it wouldn't have been asking to get shot. I bet he would have happily shown his guns to the police. They could have asked to see them, but without conclusive proof they had no right to take any action. If he refused to show them they could have either attempted to no avail to collect evidence elsewhere, or they could have dropped it. Legally, those were their only options.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-05-07 at 05:36 PM.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  7. #7
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Matthew Corwin, student body president of east LA college, military veteran and current reservist, was arrested without breaking any laws in SoCal. Like me he is a little bit different than the majority of people in that he is obsessed with firearms. I'd say he is also much more open about it than I am, but he never hurt anyone, and he never broke any laws. But police kicked in his door, arrested him, and charged him with a bunch of bogus weapons violations. The sad fact of the matter seems to be that neither the police nor the criminals know or care what weapons laws are, and only upstanding citizens like Mat follow them. All he ever did to get in trouble was post pictures on myspace of himself and his friends at the range with their guns which imbecile G men in California were too stupid to realize were legal.

    He is charged with:
    5 counts of 'sale/distribution of assault weapons'
    4 counts of 'possession of assault weapons'
    1 count of 'recieving stolen property'
    2 counts of 'possession of a deadly weapon'

    All felonies. His bail is set at 365,000 dollars.

    To make it worse, the media is slandering him.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true

    He is in a hell hole of a jail waiting to be tried. He doesn't have the money to make bail, so having waived his right to a speedy trial per his lawyers advice, he is spending his days among murderers, ******* and theives. Again, for having done nothing wrong.

    The only thing he may have broken the law with is related to his military service. He is being charged with what I have read people say is bogus as hell, and stuff that many people do apon leaving the military, namely taking a few souvineeres like a chemical protective suit (which very easily could have been purchased at a surplus store) and his ID which is technically government property. If any of you current or former soldiers can disagree or agree with what I have read which is that these are bull**** charges please tell me.

    Its a complicated situation, too complicated for me to rattle off all the details, but here are a couple threads on California's main firearms enthusiast *** forum which Mattew posts on as "Blackwaterops" in case anyone wants more information.

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56827
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56684

    Sorry to rant, but shooters are the same all over, and not knowing him, but having much in common with him, it really frosts my ass. The government is severely out of hand here.


    Wow.. I guess his massive arsonal didn't do him much good in the end, now did it? It's just too funny when people support the 2nd amendment on the grounds that we should be able to arm ourselves in order to overthrow the gov't if it is taken over despots and dictators . . -but who then fail to take up arms when those same forces of ''tyranny'' come knocking at their door with a warrant and a pair of hand-cuffs. This guy was prepared to fight for his rights.. but then he just gave up without a fight. Maybe he'll have better luck with his collection of shanks and other sharp pointy objects in prison.

  8. #8
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    He's really into it. He even likes to post this saying which I believe was "Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet", which I believe is a Marine slogan. (Again looking to be corrected if wrong)

    That certainly is a bit obnoxious to most people, even to me to a certain extent, but its still not like he hurt anybody or broke any big deal laws.

    By the way, one thing about the property he is accused of stealing, I would have thought only a military court could charge him with that.
    Yea that is a Marine quote from somewhere. I think some soldiers like it, too (the ones who forget that they are supposed to be smarter than marines). The part I was mentioning in my edit was his apparent desire to be associated with Blackwater who are, in every sense of the word, mercenaries. People have different opinions on them, mine is not complimentary.

    I dont really know anything about law, but I imagine any court can charge him with stealing if he stole something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    You are supposed to have probable cause before a judge signs an arrest warrant. Its called due process. Its in the bill of rights.
    I think assault weapons constitute probable cause. Or should in my book. I know you disagree with this, but this is coming from someone who was shot at many times by 'civilians' with assault weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Redhouse, I was curious enough to take you off ignore for a brief moment to read your post. I can't imagine why I did.

    Anyway, I'd like to please keep this thread civil and not get it moved to P and R. All I'm trying to say is that a man who is innocent of breaking any laws (besides perhaps the piddly ****) is in jail, and its not right.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-05-07 at 05:47 PM.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  10. #10
    Ono! sestivers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    2006 Cannondale R800
    Posts
    643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having an "assault" weapon is not really probable cause. As far as I can tell, there is a misconception about what "assault" weapons are capable of. Many times the law is based upon the physical appearance of the weapon in its classification. If it looks a little bit like an AK-47 or M16 it can get classified as an assault weapon even though it is merely a semi-automatic weapon which is no different from many hunting *****s.

    Aside from that, I'm not sure what the appeal of an "assault" weapon is since they usually have no advantage over a normal *****. It's kind of like owning a SUV when you live in the city.
    Steve

  11. #11
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Well Redhouse, I was curious enough to take you off ignore for a brief moment to read your post. I can't imagine why I did.

    Anyway, I'd like to please keep this thread civil and not get it moved to P and R. All I'm trying to say is that a man who is inncocent of breaking any laws (besides perhaps the piddly ****) is in jail, and its not right.
    Probably true. But if he is innocent he will probably get out. Its not going to change because police are not going to stop being afraid of weapons that are marketed for their ability to kill humans. We can both agree that it is wrong, but its completely a waste of energy to get angry about it because it will never (and some people thing it should never) change.

    Sorry if you thought any of my posts were less than civil, I tried to express my opinions regarding this subject in as mellow a manner as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  12. #12
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sestivers
    Having an "assault" weapon is not really probable cause. As far as I can tell, there is a misconception about what "assault" weapons are capable of. Many times the law is based upon the physical appearance of the weapon in its classification. If it looks a little bit like an AK-47 or M16 it can get classified as an assault weapon even though it is merely a semi-automatic weapon which is no different from many hunting *****s.

    Aside from that, I'm not sure what the appeal of an "assault" weapon is since they usually have no advantage over a normal *****. It's kind of like owning a SUV when you live in the city.
    The reason I said that an assault ***** (and certainly a multitude of them) might be considered probable cause is because they are only designed for one thing. If you choose to use them for another purposes thats your deal, but from the standpoint of the police they have to assume you are going to kill someone with it, otherwise they might get shot. They arent toys.

    Edit- I would like to note, belatedly, that I have not read the article and do not know exactly what weapons he had. I just dont feel like registering for their site. My points have all been made assuming he had run of the mill AK knockoff kits or similiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  13. #13
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sestivers
    Having an "assault" weapon is not really probable cause. As far as I can tell, there is a misconception about what "assault" weapons are capable of. Many times the law is based upon the physical appearance of the weapon in its classification. If it looks a little bit like an AK-47 or M16 it can get classified as an assault weapon even though it is merely a semi-automatic weapon which is no different from many hunting *****s.

    Aside from that, I'm not sure what the appeal of an "assault" weapon is since they usually have no advantage over a normal *****. It's kind of like owning a SUV when you live in the city.


    What is the difference between a semi-automatic AK-47 or M-16, and a fully automatic version? Are they constructed completely differently? Is it possible to convert and semi - into a 'fully' automatic weapon?

  14. #14
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Well Redhouse, I was curious enough to take you off ignore for a brief moment to read your post. I can't imagine why I did.

    Anyway, I'd like to please keep this thread civil and not get it moved to P and R. All I'm trying to say is that a man who is innocent of breaking any laws (besides perhaps the piddly ****) is in jail, and its not right.

    Okay, I see you've grown weary of the old bait, Michigander. I shall have to resort to my other box of bright and shiny lures. :P

  15. #15
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sestivers
    Having an "assault" weapon is not really probable cause. As far as I can tell, there is a misconception about what "assault" weapons are capable of. Many times the law is based upon the physical appearance of the weapon in its classification. If it looks a little bit like an AK-47 or M16 it can get classified as an assault weapon even though it is merely a semi-automatic weapon which is no different from many hunting *****s.

    Aside from that, I'm not sure what the appeal of an "assault" weapon is since they usually have no advantage over a normal *****. It's kind of like owning a SUV when you live in the city.
    The dictionary definition of "assault weapon" is any weapon used in an assault. Being shot with a deer *** instead of a far less powerful .223 bullet from a M16 doesn't make you any less dead.

    The Clinton Assault Weapons ban has been over for 3 years now, and the term has pretty much gone back to its original meaning, except in a few states like California. I'm not trying to be political here, only stating facts.

    As for advantages, if you mean Clinton Assault weapons, there are none. Bayonet lugs, flash supressers, and ****** grips do nothing for function. There is the magazine capacity part, which there are many opinions on.

    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn
    Sorry if you thought any of my posts were less than civil, I tried to express my opinions regarding this subject in as mellow a manner as possible.
    Not at all. Just trying to keep it out of P and R.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  16. #16
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn
    The reason I said that an assault ***** (and certainly a multitude of them) might be considered probable cause is because they are only designed for one thing. If you choose to use them for another purposes thats your deal, but from the standpoint of the police they have to assume you are going to kill someone with it, otherwise they might get shot. They arent toys.

    Edit- I would like to note, belatedly, that I have not read the article and do not know exactly what weapons he had. I just dont feel like registering for their site. My points have all been made assuming he had run of the mill AK knockoff kits or similiar.
    If police assumed that people were going to kill people with their "assault *****s", then they could arrest anyone they felt like just to make sure they weren't going to. The foundation of this country prevents that from happening. Or at least it should.

    The weapons he had are off list lower AR 15's (butchered AR's that comply with Cali law), 1919 kits, motorcycle gloves that they got him on an absurd metal knuckle charge with, and a 4 bladed knife that the prosecutor falsely says is a throwing star. Positively NOTHING illegal.

    By the way, there is no registering needed. I certainly am not a member of calguns.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  17. #17
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by red house
    What is the difference between a semi-automatic AK-47 or M-16, and a fully automatic version? Are they constructed completely differently? Is it possible to convert and semi - into a 'fully' automatic weapon?
    Yes. It takes about 5 minutes with the conversion kit. Less if really know your way around a weapon. Should be noted that a M-16 can not always be made automatic, but can all be made to shoot burst. Most "AK-47"'s are not actually AKs, but are kits made in former USSR countries that people can buy a build up. It is then possible to purchase an automatic conversion kit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    If police assumed that people were going to kill people with their "assault *****s", then they could arrest anyone they felt like just to make sure they weren't going to. The foundation of this country prevents that from happening. Or at least it should.

    The weapons he had are off list lower AR 15's (butchered AR's that comply with Cali law), 1919 kits, Motorcycle gloves that they got him on an absurd metal knuckle charge with, and a 4 bladed knife that the prosecutor falsely says is a throwing star. Positively NOTHING illegal.
    Well it does sound like they went overboard then. I kind of wish those prosecutors were up here though. There are some crazy *** nuts around here who like to shoot their VERY illegal kit AKs and it freaks me the hell out whenever they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Matthew Corwin, student body president of east LA college, military veteran and current reservist, was arrested without breaking any laws in SoCal. Like me he is a little bit different than the majority of people in that he is obsessed with firearms. I'd say he is also much more open about it than I am, but he never hurt anyone, and he never broke any laws. But police kicked in his door, arrested him, and charged him with a bunch of bogus weapons violations. The sad fact of the matter seems to be that neither the police nor the criminals know or care what weapons laws are, and only upstanding citizens like Mat follow them. All he ever did to get in trouble was post pictures on myspace of himself and his friends at the range with their guns which imbecile G men in California were too stupid to realize were legal.

    He is charged with:
    5 counts of 'sale/distribution of assault weapons'
    4 counts of 'possession of assault weapons'
    1 count of 'recieving stolen property'
    2 counts of 'possession of a deadly weapon'

    All felonies. His bail is set at 365,000 dollars.

    To make it worse, the media is slandering him.

    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true

    He is in a hell hole of a jail waiting to be tried. He doesn't have the money to make bail, so having waived his right to a speedy trial per his lawyers advice, he is spending his days among murderers, ******* and theives. Again, for having done nothing wrong.

    The only thing he may have broken the law with is related to his military service. He is being charged with what I have read people say is bogus as hell, and stuff that many people do apon leaving the military, namely taking a few souvineeres like a chemical protective suit (which very easily could have been purchased at a surplus store) and his ID which is technically government property. If any of you current or former soldiers can disagree or agree with what I have read which is that these are bull**** charges please tell me.

    Its a complicated situation, too complicated for me to rattle off all the details, but here are a couple threads on California's main firearms enthusiast *** forum which Mattew posts on as "Blackwaterops" in case anyone wants more information.

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56827
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56684

    Sorry to rant, but shooters are the same all over, and not knowing him, but having much in common with him, it really frosts my ass. The government is severely out of hand here.
    Thats bogus, i mean he did not hurt anyone and he had no intention of hurting anyone so whats the problem here?.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn
    Yes. It takes about 5 minutes with the conversion kit. Less if really know your way around a weapon. Should be noted that a M-16 can not always be made automatic, but can all be made to shoot burst. Most "AK-47"'s are not actually AKs, but are kits made in former USSR countries that people can buy a build up. It is then possible to purchase an automatic conversion kit.

    Its no easy task to convert an AK to full auto. It requires someone like Phantom cow with a machine shop and proper instructions. And doing so would be a felony unless you are a SOT FFL. Conversion kits are for sale, but only to SOT FFL's or police departments. Any person besides an FFL, cop or soldier who has a post 86 full auto AK (or any machine ***) is guilty of a felony.

    ****'s on the other hand are a different matter. Anyone with a torche, tin snips and some spring steel can make whats called a lightning link, a drop in full auto conversion part. Not that its advisable. Doing so would get you 10 years in jail if you got caught.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-05-07 at 06:14 PM.
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gear Jammer
    Thats bogus, i mean he did not hurt anyone and he had no intention of hurting anyone so whats the problem here?.
    How do you know he had no intention of hurting anyone, did you read the article? He sure as hell didn't make things easier on himself by posting pictures and making comments such as "Be polite, be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." I think the bail is ridiculous, but the fact of the matter is, he had possession of automatic weapons, in California. He brought it on himself. He should have been smart enough to know that anyone can find anything about another person through myspace. According to the article it seems he DID break the law, and allegedly has further broken the law.

  21. #21
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn
    Yes. It takes about 5 minutes with the conversion kit. Less if really know your way around a weapon. Should be noted that a M-16 can not always be made automatic, but can all be made to shoot burst. Most "AK-47"'s are not actually AKs, but are kits made in former USSR countries that people can buy a build up. It is then possible to purchase an automatic conversion kit.

    So the 'semi-automatic' versions of these weapons are just missing the part(s) that enables them to fire continously? I got to handle a kalashnikov when I was a kid, there was a lever on the side that switched between single, continous and locked position. If you were to convert a semi-automatic (single fire) weapon to a fully automatic with a kit, - would it then only be able fire continously (as a fully automatic) ?

  22. #22
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigander
    Its no easy task to convert an AK to full auto. It requires someone like Phantom cow with a machine shop and proper instructions. And doing so would be a felony unless you are a SOT FFL. Conversion kits are for sale, but only to SOT FFL's. If someone else got hold of one, it would be a felony.

    ****'s on the other hand are a different matter. Anyone with a torche, tin snips and some spring steel can make whats called a lightning link, a drop in full auto conversion part. Not that its advisable. Doing so would get you 10 years in jail if you got caught.
    Oh I know its completely illegal. Im pretty sure the idiots around here who have done it know that too. BTW the AK kits are easier to convert to auto than actual Kalashnikovas. The sale of kits is restricted, but I bet if you tried you could have one in under a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    How do you know he had no intention of hurting anyone, did you read the article? He sure as hell didn't make things easier on himself by posting pictures and making comments such as "Be polite, be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." I think the bail is ridiculous, but the fact of the matter is, he had possession of automatic weapons, in California. He brought it on himself. He should have been smart enough to know that anyone can find anything about another person through myspace. According to the article it seems he DID break the law, and allegedly has further broken the law.
    Yes i agree to your view Phearsd but talk is cheap in most cases, yeah he should of not said that. He did bring it on him self but if he is that insane no one would have gave him the right to have guns in the first place.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    My Bikes
    Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
    Posts
    1,727
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    How do you know he had no intention of hurting anyone, did you read the article? He sure as hell didn't make things easier on himself by posting pictures and making comments such as "Be polite, be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." I think the bail is ridiculous, but the fact of the matter is, he had possession of automatic weapons, in California. He brought it on himself. He should have been smart enough to know that anyone can find anything about another person through myspace. According to the article it seems he DID break the law, and allegedly has further broken the law.
    As I said, that article was a bunch of lies that amount to slander.

    He did not have automatic weapons, he had semi automatic weapons which comply with California law. Did you read the thread?
    Bring back the Sig Test!


    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  25. #25
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by red house
    So the 'semi-automatic' versions of these weapons are just missing the part(s) that enables them to fire continously? I got to handle a kalashnikov when I was a kid, there was a lever on the side that switched between single, continous and locked position. If you were to convert a semi-automatic (single fire) weapon to a fully automatic with a kit, - would it then only be able fire continously (as a fully automatic) ?
    Yes. As I said in my previous post it is harder with a Kalashnikov that has had the automatic function removed than with an AK kit, but it is completely possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •