Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-07, 06:52 PM   #1
_beaver_
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 193
Warning Will Robinson Warning!!

Read Message
Previous Next | Close






Subject : Fw: Warning

Date : Tue, May 29, 2007 02:26 PM




Move message to...InboxJunk MailTrash [ Printable Version ]

Click here to display images in this message or edit your settings for all messages.
External Images and objects in this message have been blocked. What's this?





>From: "Nigel gower" <nigelgower@hotmail.com>
>To: ann.hooker@btinternet.com
>CC: douglasgower@hotmail.com, LYNN@15OLDSQUARE.CO.UK, uym969@hotmail.com
>Subject: Fw: Warning
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:10:50 +0100
>
>
>
>
>>From: "sheila gower" <breatheeasysouthend@hotmail.co.uk>
>>To: peecol@btinternet.com
>>CC: breatheeasyessex@btinternet.com, jmullarkey@btopenworld.com,
>>stella@whitaker3587.freeserve.co.uk, nigelgower@hotmail.com
>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:01:48 +0000
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>From: "Sheila Gower" <shegee@hotmail.co.uk>
>>>To: babsjrogers@hotmail.co.uk
>>>CC: chris1605@hotmail.co.uk, frange1982@hotmail.co.uk,
>>>kevinh99@hotmail.co.uk, ann.looker@btinternet.com, pollerton@hotmail.com,
>>>breatheeasysouthend@hotmail.co.uk
>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:57:33 +0100
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>From: "PETER OLLERTON-WRIGHT" <pollerton@hotmail.com>
>>>>To: shegee@hotmail.co.uk
>>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>>Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:38:27 +0100
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>From: "Alan Hemmings" <repro67@gmail.com>
>>>>To: "LINDA BRITTON" <linda@sandpiper44.fsnet.co.uk>,
"Lionel"
>>>><lion.bal@ntlworld.com>, "Lisa hemmings" <lisahemmings05@yahoo.co.uk>,
>>>>"Lisa Hemmings" <lisa.hemmings@cgprivate.com>, "Lorna
Cowan"
>>>><lornaanddennis@gmail.com>, "sharon" <peridotangel@googlemail.com>,
>>>><jacquicrabtree@hotmail.com>, "ollie" <pollerton@hotmail.com>, "peter
>>>>glover" <backdraft1@btinternet.com>, "pauline carey"

>>>><pauline.1941@hotmail.co.uk>, <lornacowan@clear.net.nz>,
"David
>>>>Hemmings" <lindaveuk@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>>Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:12:01 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>-------Original Message-------
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>From: Peter Hepworth
>>>>Date: 26/05/2007 19:56:11
>>>>To: Sandra O'Connell; Robert Hepworth; Richard Orrowe; michelle
>>>>o'connell; jean barton; dave&karen; alan hemmings
>>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>>From: Terry Williams
>>>>To: Pullenbuster@aol.com ; Peter Williams ; Peter Pay ; Peter Hepworth ;
>>>>pampered paws ; mick willis ; ken lovejoy ; Ian Gatt ; Iain MacKenzie ;
>>>>Felicity Dunstall ; Bob Dauris ; Blacklock Ian ; Bill Nicholls
>>>>Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 7:04 PM
>>>>Subject: Warning
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>READ IMMEDIATELY PLS
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Get this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don't need this
>>>>spreading around.
>>>>
>>>>PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>You should be alert during the next days:
>>>>
>>>>Do not open any message with an attached file called
"Invitation"
>>>>regardless of who sent it, It is a virus
>>>>that opens an Olympic Torch
>>>>which "burns" the whole hard disc C of your computer.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in
>>>>his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to
>>>>all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to
>>>>receive the virus and open it.
>>>>
>>>>If you receive a mail called "invitation" , though sent by a
friend, do
>>>>not open it and shut down your computer immediately. This is the
>>>>worst virus announced by CNN, it has been
>>>>classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.
>>>>
>>>>This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair
>>>>yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero
>>>>Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept
>>>>
>>>>SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW ,
>>>>
>>>>COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND! IT TO YOUR FRIENDS
>>>>
>>>>AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>***********************************
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>>>Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.0/818 - Release Date:
>>>>25/05/2007 12:32
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>_________________________________________________________________
>>>Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
>>>http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/
>>>
>>
>>_________________________________________________________________
>>Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
>>http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
>>
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
>http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
>

_________________________________________________________________
Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/








Images and external objects in this message are being displayed. What's this?
Click here to hide images in this message or edit your settings for all messages.
Move message to...InboxJunk MailTrash [ Printable Version ]

Previous Next | Close
_beaver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:53 PM   #2
BostonFixed
Banned.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,418
Umm, ok.
BostonFixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:55 PM   #3
gnr rocker
I rule with a mighty leg
 
gnr rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: smithtown, ny
Bikes:
Posts: 915
uh o
gnr rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:55 PM   #4
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,121
Scripting and HTML are disabled in my email client.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 06:56 PM   #5
Cypress
Giving you the business.
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Bikes: Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
Posts: 4,441
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator
Dear Cypress,

You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.
Cypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 07:01 PM   #6
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
Most likely, it's a virus hoax email. I haven't gotten any security warnings from my AV provider or anything from my web spiders on this and I would.
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 07:04 PM   #7
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,121
Were there any .gif images? If so, this is likely the hoax I was talking about. You can embed a 1 pixel tagged .gif in another and it reports back to it's home server every email address that requested access to open it. It is an email list builder, very likely. Its a spammers tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _beaver_
Read Message
Previous Next | Close






Subject : Fw: Warning

Date : Tue, May 29, 2007 02:26 PM




Move message to...InboxJunk MailTrash [ Printable Version ]

Click here to display images in this message or edit your settings for all messages.
External Images and objects in this message have been blocked. What's this?





>From: "Nigel gower" <nigelgower@hotmail.com>
>To: ann.hooker@btinternet.com
>CC: douglasgower@hotmail.com, LYNN@15OLDSQUARE.CO.UK, uym969@hotmail.com
>Subject: Fw: Warning
>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:10:50 +0100
>
>
>
>
>>From: "sheila gower" <breatheeasysouthend@hotmail.co.uk>
>>To: peecol@btinternet.com
>>CC: breatheeasyessex@btinternet.com, jmullarkey@btopenworld.com,
>>stella@whitaker3587.freeserve.co.uk, nigelgower@hotmail.com
>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:01:48 +0000
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>From: "Sheila Gower" <shegee@hotmail.co.uk>
>>>To: babsjrogers@hotmail.co.uk
>>>CC: chris1605@hotmail.co.uk, frange1982@hotmail.co.uk,
>>>kevinh99@hotmail.co.uk, ann.looker@btinternet.com, pollerton@hotmail.com,
>>>breatheeasysouthend@hotmail.co.uk
>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:57:33 +0100
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>From: "PETER OLLERTON-WRIGHT" <pollerton@hotmail.com>
>>>>To: shegee@hotmail.co.uk
>>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>>Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:38:27 +0100
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>From: "Alan Hemmings" <repro67@gmail.com>
>>>>To: "LINDA BRITTON" <linda@sandpiper44.fsnet.co.uk>,
"Lionel"
>>>><lion.bal@ntlworld.com>, "Lisa hemmings" <lisahemmings05@yahoo.co.uk>,
>>>>"Lisa Hemmings" <lisa.hemmings@cgprivate.com>, "Lorna
Cowan"
>>>><lornaanddennis@gmail.com>, "sharon" <peridotangel@googlemail.com>,
>>>><jacquicrabtree@hotmail.com>, "ollie" <pollerton@hotmail.com>, "peter
>>>>glover" <backdraft1@btinternet.com>, "pauline carey"

>>>><pauline.1941@hotmail.co.uk>, <lornacowan@clear.net.nz>,
"David
>>>>Hemmings" <lindaveuk@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>>Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 10:12:01 +0100 (GMT Standard Time)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>-------Original Message-------
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>From: Peter Hepworth
>>>>Date: 26/05/2007 19:56:11
>>>>To: Sandra O'Connell; Robert Hepworth; Richard Orrowe; michelle
>>>>o'connell; jean barton; dave&karen; alan hemmings
>>>>Subject: Fw: Warning
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>>From: Terry Williams
>>>>To: Pullenbuster@aol.com ; Peter Williams ; Peter Pay ; Peter Hepworth ;
>>>>pampered paws ; mick willis ; ken lovejoy ; Ian Gatt ; Iain MacKenzie ;
>>>>Felicity Dunstall ; Bob Dauris ; Blacklock Ian ; Bill Nicholls
>>>>Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 7:04 PM
>>>>Subject: Warning
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>READ IMMEDIATELY PLS
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Get this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don't need this
>>>>spreading around.
>>>>
>>>>PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>You should be alert during the next days:
>>>>
>>>>Do not open any message with an attached file called
"Invitation"
>>>>regardless of who sent it, It is a virus
>>>>that opens an Olympic Torch
>>>>which "burns" the whole hard disc C of your computer.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in
>>>>his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to
>>>>all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to
>>>>receive the virus and open it.
>>>>
>>>>If you receive a mail called "invitation" , though sent by a
friend, do
>>>>not open it and shut down your computer immediately. This is the
>>>>worst virus announced by CNN, it has been
>>>>classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.
>>>>
>>>>This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair
>>>>yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero
>>>>Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept
>>>>
>>>>SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW ,
>>>>
>>>>COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND! IT TO YOUR FRIENDS
>>>>
>>>>AND REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>***********************************
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>>>Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.0/818 - Release Date:
>>>>25/05/2007 12:32
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>_________________________________________________________________
>>>Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
>>>http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/
>>>
>>
>>_________________________________________________________________
>>Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
>>http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
>>
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
>http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
>

_________________________________________________________________
Play your part in making history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/








Images and external objects in this message are being displayed. What's this?
Click here to hide images in this message or edit your settings for all messages.
Move message to...InboxJunk MailTrash [ Printable Version ]

Previous Next | Close
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 08:31 PM   #8
donnamb 
tired
 
donnamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
Posts: 5,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
+100.
__________________
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."
donnamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 08:47 PM   #9
StupidlyBrave 
Chepooka
 
StupidlyBrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Central PA
Bikes: 1990 Trek 1400 7spd; 2001 Litespeed Arenberg 10 speed
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Most likely, it's a virus hoax email.
Exactly.
StupidlyBrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 08:53 PM   #10
x136 
phony collective progress
 
x136's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Hoosey
Bikes: http://velospace.org/user/36663
Posts: 2,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
You can embed a 1 pixel tagged .gif in another and it reports back to it's home server every email address that requested access to open it. It is an email list builder, very likely. Its a spammers tool.
Another reason to use either an email application smart enough to not load remote images unless you expressly tell it to (I use Mozilla Thunderbird), or an email app dumb enough to have no idea what to do with HTML or images (mutt, pine, elm, etc.).

Also, if it happened to be a real virus, another reason to not suffer Windows to live.
__________________
x136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 09:51 PM   #11
EJ123
'05 NUEser
 
EJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
EJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 11:03 PM   #12
austropithicus
Guest
 
Bikes:
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
This is seroius business! I hope you have stocked up on Y2K water. Wanna buy a generator?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 11:18 PM   #13
iamlucky13
Footballus vita est
 
iamlucky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Portland, OR
Bikes: Trek 4500, Kona Dawg
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136
Another reason to use either an email application smart enough to not load remote images unless you expressly tell it to (I use Mozilla Thunderbird), or an email app dumb enough to have no idea what to do with HTML or images (mutt, pine, elm, etc.).

Also, if it happened to be a real virus, another reason to not suffer Windows to live.
Any decent webmail service will by default only display images from people in your contact list. However, I noticed the exchange webmail portal is not decent in this respect. Hotmail and Gmail are.

I Pine

(now I just need to figure out how to make it work with my Gmail account)
__________________
"The internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens. You need to take advantage of that." ~ Strong Bad
iamlucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 11:20 PM   #14
ax0n
Trans-Urban Velocommando
 
ax0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lenexa, KS
Bikes: 06 Trek 1200 - 98 DB Outlook - 99 DB Sorrento
Posts: 2,400
FYI, The catch phrase is actually "Danger, Will Robinson!" and although it's catchy, I think it actually was only said once in the entire original series of Lost In Space.

To my knowledge, "Warning, Will Robinson" was never used.

Typically, the anonymous robot would give alert to Will Robinson, but to the best I can recall, it was usually "Danger!!!" or "Warning!!!" followed by whatever the immenent threat happened to be, which was usually some bizarre race of aliens hell-bent on destruction.

Good Times.
ax0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 11:24 PM   #15
glenng
Master Surfer of Curbs
 
glenng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 70%PIT 30% Blue Yonder
Bikes: Whats it to ya?
Posts: 138
Pie!!!
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 11:55 PM   #16
ms.gio
Chief Slacking Officer
 
ms.gio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The City by the Lake
Bikes: Fuji Track SE, Cannondale R300
Posts: 189
For safety purposes, I wouldn't have posted that for a lot of people's email addresses are in it. Anywho, I'm with Cypress on this one... what is this about?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
Giolander: There can be only one.
Giodome: Several impostors enter, only the real one leaves?
ms.gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 01:39 AM   #17
_beaver_
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax0n
FYI, The catch phrase is actually "Danger, Will Robinson!" and although it's catchy, I think it actually was only said once in the entire original series of Lost In Space.

To my knowledge, "Warning, Will Robinson" was never used.
Well, the topic HERE is: Subject : Fw: Warning


Quote:
Originally Posted by ax0n
Good Times.
Sure is.
_beaver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 01:41 AM   #18
_beaver_
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.gio
For safety purposes, I wouldn't have posted that for a lot of people's email addresses are in it. Anywho, I'm with Cypress on this one... what is this about?
Meh, i ain't worried about it, i deleted anyone important, as myself & the forwarding parties i know.
_beaver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 01:49 AM   #19
_beaver_
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenng
Pie!!!
_beaver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 02:09 AM   #20
mlts22 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 998
I use Mailwasher myself, which shows mail in its naked glory, down to trying to load the pictures. I never pass a chain letter on, regardless of what vile curse is said to happen, because an even WORSE curse happens to those who pass chain letters on to others... the curse of the clueless.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 02:21 AM   #21
_beaver_
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 193
^ This is my way of passing on a chain letter in an ultra production sort of way & making sure the mail gets through by just watching the # of views
_beaver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 02:25 AM   #22
_beaver_
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22
the curse of the clueless.
Git down witcher bad self.
_beaver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 03:08 AM   #23
Nicodemus
Feral Member
 
Nicodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Roma, Italia
Bikes: yes, I have one.
Posts: 2,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 04:15 AM   #24
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136
Another reason to use either an email application smart enough to not load remote images unless you expressly tell it to (I use Mozilla Thunderbird), or an email app dumb enough to have no idea what to do with HTML or images (mutt, pine, elm, etc.).

Also, if it happened to be a real virus, another reason to not suffer Windows to live.
Yep, T-Bird user myself! I love that client!
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 10:27 AM   #25
StupidlyBrave 
Chepooka
 
StupidlyBrave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Central PA
Bikes: 1990 Trek 1400 7spd; 2001 Litespeed Arenberg 10 speed
Posts: 1,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypress
I'm sorry, I'm a Mac user. What is this all about?
Mac users are equally affected by this.

Linux/UNIX too.

Follow the links here to see why.
StupidlyBrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 AM.