Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Stellar Weekend!!!

    So I took Friday off work to go ride(mountain) with someone (a guy ) in Colorado Springs. 17 miles of pure fun!!! We had a great time together and he even made me a sandwich. He rides single speed and well Im still a gearie, had a fun time just riding.

    Saturday, I rode with my girls (roadbike) 72 miles. OMG, I was completely exhausted by the time I hit home. I had to cancel my Sunday mtb ride with the girls but we all were feeling the same so it was no biggie.

    Taking the next few days off the bike my legs are dying, but none the less I'm having such a great riding year!!!
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a "guy"
    a "GUY"
    a guy!!!!!!

    snowy is going to be just fine!

  3. #3
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl
    a "guy"
    a "GUY"
    a guy!!!!!!

    snowy is going to be just fine!
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  4. #4
    Air
    Air is offline
    Destroyer of Wheels Air's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Creating some FA-Qs
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Sport, Downtube IXNS, 1950's MMB3 Russian Folding Bike, MTB
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woot!!

  5. #5
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you had a blast, snowy!! What kind of sandwich was it?



    I get to ride with Jon, his pink tights and his rainbow socks today. *sigh*
    At least it will be on the new bikes, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy

    ( happy for you)

  7. #7
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Siu,
    He made us turkey wraps and after the ride we finished the sandwiches with some beers. It was very chill!!!

    Air, I got you text on Friday we were actually getting ready to ride when you sent it. Yes I had a wonderful time. It was only the second time I actually put that many miles on my mtb bike at one given time. I was worried at first but by the time we were finished it didn't even seem like we rode that many miles. Plus the company was just too much fun. We both took pretty hard spills but we laughed them off and kept riding.

    Siu, I know Jon will keep you entertained!!!

    Oh did I mentioned he is a FIREFIGHTER!!!! YEAH BABY
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
    I get to ride with Jon, his pink tights and his rainbow socks today. *sigh*
    At least it will be on the new bikes, though.
    Wow. You sound excited.

    Snowy was he riding a steel SS perchance?

  9. #9
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    Oh did I mentioned he is a FIREFIGHTER!!!! YEAH BABY
    Did you know it was a pre-requisite to be fine in order to be a firefighter??? Seriously. Look at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  10. #10
    Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you had a great weekend.

    So...did you make plans for a second date yet?
    1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold

  11. #11
    SERENITY NOW!!! jyossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the 212
    My Bikes
    Haro Vector, IRO Rob Roy, Bianchi Veloce
    Posts
    8,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woohoo!
    HHCMF - Take pride in your ability to amaze lesser mortals! - MikeR



    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

  12. #12
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheard
    Wow. You sound excited.

    Snowy was he riding a steel SS perchance?
    Yeah its Surley. He just started riding singlespeed, he also does downhills
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firefighter???
    awesome, sechsey!

  14. #14
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
    Did you know it was a pre-requisite to be fine in order to be a firefighter??? Seriously. Look at them.
    Ha Ha Siu. I guess its true huh.

    The nice thing is if I get hurt at least I know he care take of me.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  15. #15
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you better play "hurt" alot. Ya know, just so he gets a little practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  16. #16
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    We had a great time together and he even made me a sandwich. He rides single speed and well Im still a gearie, had a fun time just riding.
    I think you just wrote the next Cheryl Crow song.

  17. #17
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    So I took Friday off work to go ride(mountain) with someone (a guy ) in Colorado Springs. 17 miles of pure fun!!! We had a great time together and he even made me a sandwich. He rides single speed and well Im still a gearie, had a fun time just riding.
    You gotta convert the guys and quit letting them convert you.

    Last guy got you into mountain biking...you gonna go FG for this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  18. #18
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite
    You gotta convert the guys and quit letting them convert you.

    Last guy got you into mountain biking...you gonna go FG for this one?
    KT, no the last guy I got him to purchase a road bike. He was already racing mtb when I met him. And a DAMN good racer at that.

    I'm both a roadie and mountain bike chick. Maybe one day I will give the singlespeed a try but for right now I'm loving the gears
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  19. #19
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    KT, no the last guy I got him to purchase a road bike. He was already racing mtb when I met him. And a DAMN good racer at that.

    I'm both a roadie and mountain bike chick. Maybe one day I will give the singlespeed a try but for right now I'm loving the gears
    I know he was already racing mtb, but I remember you joking around out be cheating on road biking and getting into mtb because of him.

    I didn't know he bought a road bike too, but it doesn't matter...it was just for teasing fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  20. #20
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite
    I know he was already racing mtb, but I remember you joking around out be cheating on road biking and getting into mtb because of him.

    I didn't know he bought a road bike too, but it doesn't matter...it was just for teasing fun.
    Well he helped me find that love again for the mountain bike and encouraged me to race. Last year I was riding alot of mountain and no road. But this year and especially after the break up I'm been riding 120-140 miles a week both road and mountain.

    I've lost so much weight I had to go down two dress sizes, its amazing the therapy the bike gives you when your broken-hearted
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  21. #21
    Tail End Charlie Ritehsedad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine, The Way Life Should Be
    My Bikes
    Fuji Nevada MTB, Giant OCR1
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of broken-hearted, sounds like Jon got left out again!
    Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

  22. #22
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh poor Jon. He knows we all love him here on Foo.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  23. #23
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great weekend, snowy. Glad to hear everything is working out for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by snowy
    But this year and especially after the break up I'm been riding 120-140 miles a week both road and mountain.

    I've lost so much weight I had to go down two dress sizes, its amazing the therapy the bike gives you when your broken-hearted
    On all counts:

  24. #24
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've treated myself to a few beers Well deserved for sure
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  25. #25
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,983
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed! Beer is good for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •