Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-07, 09:47 AM   #1
levi4318
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trying to follow a story

it happens alot that i hear an interesting story in the news, but then a day or two later i cant find out what happened.

two recent ones. if you have any updates please post them here.

1. a guy didn't pay income tax and tons of police surrounded his house and he had supporters coming to give him support - income tax is illegal etc. he gave a interview with a radio station.

i'm just curious to know what the outcome was.

2. off the coast of australia i think it was, where three men - experienced - on a boat and it was found floating with them missing. a pc was running. i think a sail was ripped. the equipment was working.

presumebly they're still missing, because it would be a story if they were found. but i would like to know for sure if anyone knows anything.

there was also another story very similar a short while before with another experienced boat guy trying to go somewhere solo, and his boat was found floating in calm waters with him nowhere to be found. i havent' seen any updates to that as well.
levi4318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 10:12 AM   #2
Stacey
Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP)
 
Stacey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 9,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You don't need to know. You don't want to know.

Welcome to 1984.
__________________
Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 10:26 AM   #3
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey
You don't need to know. You don't want to know.

Welcome to 1984.
He who controls the present, controls the future.
he who controls the past, controls the present.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 10:45 AM   #4
scrapmetal
Senior Member
 
scrapmetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Quartered safe out here
Bikes: 197x?? Raleigh rescued from scrap metal; Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTermite
He who controls the present, controls the future.
he who controls the past, controls the present.

+1
scrapmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 12:13 PM   #5
AJC
Member
 
AJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes: Bianchi Veloce
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the man in nh escaped out an unwatched bathroom window under the cover of darkness and flew to australia where he convinced two other guys to go out on a boat with him (and to bring their laptop too!!).

his wife, who had secretly escaped out of the same bathroom window, met up with him on a rented boat and took the two men hostage as their sex slaves and are living on an uncharted island in the south pacific with tons of US dollars they saved from never paying their taxes.

i'm surprised you didn't read this on the internet....it's been the talk of those with inquiring minds...ooo, gotta go....lindsey lohan is on oprah
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-07, 12:17 PM   #6
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC
the man in nh escaped out an unwatched bathroom window under the cover of darkness and flew to australia where he convinced two other guys to go out on a boat with him (and to bring their laptop too!!).

his wife, who had secretly escaped out of the same bathroom window, met up with him on a rented boat and took the two men hostage as their sex slaves and are living on an uncharted island in the south pacific with tons of US dollars they saved from never paying their taxes.

i'm surprised you didn't read this on the internet....it's been the talk of those with inquiring minds...ooo, gotta go....lindsey lohan is on oprah


I'm not sure which was funnier...the story or the last line about running to catch lindsey lohan on oprah.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:53 AM.