On my TARDIScycle!
A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her
telephone failed to ring when her friends called and that on the few
occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the
The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this
psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in
his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house. The phone didn't
ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel
chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number
4. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to
Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by pissing and
Just thought you'd like to know.
Originally Posted by coffeecake
Originally Posted by maximan1
Christ, that guy oughta get a raise for figuring all that out.