Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

View Poll Results: Spandex, Right, or Privilege?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right.

    15 62.50%
  • Privilege.

    9 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
  1. #1
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Spandex, Right, or Privilage?

    I'm sure it has been covered here before, but I am had some bad experiences this weekend and wanted to see what ppl thought. =D

    I personally feel it should be banned completely.
    Last edited by SCOOTTER; 07-23-07 at 07:22 AM.

  2. #2
    your god hates me Bob Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need to hear more about this weekend's "bad experience" before we can vote.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh oh, it's Monday and Im known to be a little cranky on those days...


    just wanted to say that if this is the kind of thread that will talk about how only people in great shape have the right to wear spandex then it's not going to fly very well

  4. #4
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl View Post
    oh oh, it's Monday and Im known to be a little cranky on those days...


    just wanted to say that if this is the kind of thread that will talk about how only people in great shape have the right to wear spandex then it's not going to fly very well
    I think anyone who wants to should wear it. I just think it looks stupid
    "It is not the critic who counts."

  5. #5
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not what I mean at all. I myself, am overwieght. I would not be caught dead wearing spandex. For example, yesterday there was a person wearing it and you could see every roll around there waist. Now, I am not saying I am in any better shape than that person, but I wouldn't leave the house dressed like that. Sorry if you think that is mean, I just feel that ppl should wear something a little more flattering to there figure.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOTTER View Post
    No, not what I mean at all. I myself, am overwieght. I would not be caught dead wearing spandex. For example, yesterday there was a person wearing it and you could see every roll around there waist. Now, I am not saying I am in any better shape than that person, but I wouldn't leave the house dressed like that. Sorry if you think that is mean, I just feel that ppl should wear something a little more flattering to there figure.
    so that is what you meant, you wanted to judge others for their physical attributes and physical appearance and what they should or should not wear according to you.

    thank god it's up to them to decide if they are worthy( just like everyone else) of the comfort and advantage spandex has to offer while biking.

  7. #7
    Banned. ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,628
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following is just my 2 cents:
    While biking, spandex is good.
    While not biking, there are better options than spandex.
    Anyone can and should wear spandex when on a bike, regardless of how it looks on them. Its about comfort.

  8. #8
    Kwisatz Haderach fillthecup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    central Illinois
    My Bikes
    1998 Nishiki Montana, 1972 Schwinn Super Sport, 2007 Trek 520
    Posts
    160
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get teased all the time, but they're so much more comfortable on a hot day. I don't care if I get hollered at, and sometimes they're the flattering kind of holler. I do take into account local sensibilities however, and will often don pants before entering establishments.

  9. #9
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW. Just meant it more as a humorus piece than anything. Didn't want to offend anyone. They may wear whatever they like, it is just my opinion, and as we all know, opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and mine stinks!

  10. #10
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ModoVincere View Post
    The following is just my 2 cents:
    While biking, spandex is good.
    While not biking, there are better options than spandex.
    Anyone can and should wear spandex when on a bike, regardless of how it looks on them. Its about comfort.

    Hey, maybe I am missing the boat and should go get some!! WOOOT!!

  11. #11
    The quieter you become... Falkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    My Bikes
    1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no, everyone should just bike in cargo shorts and get serious crotch rash.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
    San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.

  12. #12
    Hazardous Taerom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Quarantine
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
    Hell no, everyone should just bike in cargo shorts and get serious crotch rash.
    I do. Chafing sucks. I need some spandex shorts, but they're so damn expensive.

  13. #13
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
    Hell no, everyone should just bike in cargo shorts and get serious crotch rash.
    I always wear gym type short ans have never had a rash.

  14. #14
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  15. #15
    The quieter you become... Falkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    My Bikes
    1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOTTER View Post
    I always wear gym type short ans have never had a rash.
    Do you ride 30 miles a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
    San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.

  16. #16
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fat and ugly and wear spandex. If you don't like it, ride with your eyes closed (far away from me).
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale, trek
    Posts
    4,516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl View Post
    so that is what you meant, you wanted to judge others for their physical attributes and physical appearance and what they should or should not wear according to you.

    thank god it's up to them to decide if they are worthy( just like everyone else) of the comfort and advantage spandex has to offer while biking.


    I just have to say: don't thank "god" -- instead, thank the "founding fathers" and others who have done their best to ensure that we have as much freedom as we can possibly have without harming others. (And, then condemn those anti-spandex religious nutbag zealots out there who want to keep women covered from head to foot in cloth).
    "yes, they [investors, government, lobbyists] are all necessary, but they all need some rules and limitations as well."

    Mr. Markets, 6/27/09 7:07 pm

  18. #18
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkon View Post
    Do you ride 30 miles a day?

    Not on a daily basis, I ride about 45 everyweakend. Rode 84 yesterday, no chaffing. lol

  19. #19
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,084
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am fat and just ride naked so people cannot complain about how I look in spandex.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  20. #20
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    I am fat and just ride naked so people cannot complain about how I look in spandex.
    BBWWHhahahahahahahah!! Now that, is awsome!!

  21. #21
    CPM M4 BananaTugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The West Side (Of Rochester, NY).
    My Bikes
    Light.
    Posts
    4,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider it more of an obligation.
    Ten tenths.

  22. #22
    Hazardous Taerom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Quarantine
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    I am fat and just ride naked so people cannot complain about how I look in spandex.
    This thread is worthless without pics?

  23. #23
    At least we dig eachother
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    york, pa
    My Bikes
    trek 7200
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, ok, I didn't realize it was such a touchey subject. I was just trying to have a fun post on monday morning and not make the worl hate me. I am sowwy.

  24. #24
    The quieter you become... Falkon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    My Bikes
    1973 Raleigh Superbe, 2006 Trek 4300 with no original parts, 1984 Ciocc, Custom Keith Anderson
    Posts
    1,283
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOOTTER View Post
    Not on a daily basis, I ride about 45 everyweakend. Rode 84 yesterday, no chaffing. lol
    congratulations, you are the only one I've ever heard of that wears gym shorts and actually rides more than 10 miles at a time. I wear my Hoss MTB shorts when commuting, but when I'm actually going on long rides I opt for the Descente shorts. Club rides as well. Roadies wouldn't even take me seriously wearing gym shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechKnowGN
    San Jose has to be the most boring place I've ever been. And I live in Ohio.

  25. #25
    CPM M4 BananaTugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The West Side (Of Rochester, NY).
    My Bikes
    Light.
    Posts
    4,930
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taerom View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics?
    Indeed.

    Simply lacking in value as of now, in it's picture-less state.
    Ten tenths.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •