Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. #1
    Bring May Flowers aprilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Soon to be South Carolina!
    My Bikes
    '10 Kuota Kebel
    Posts
    961
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Vino tests positive :(

    Astana withdraws... Vino was my favorite!

    http://www.velonews.com/tour2007/det...s/12910.0.html

  2. #2
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this here? Don't we have a TdF forum?

  3. #3
    Bring May Flowers aprilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Soon to be South Carolina!
    My Bikes
    '10 Kuota Kebel
    Posts
    961
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know, I wanted to get the word out to the Foosters... but I guess I'm a day late anyway. Mods, you can delete this thread...

  4. #4
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been like 30 threads in Road Racing... all but one moved to the TDF forum.

    It'd be nice to have this one stay here for foosters to discuss. The threads in TDF are impossible to read. Nothing but personal attacks and gobbledeegoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  5. #5
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trying to figure out what there is to discuss.

  6. #6
    Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour ModoVincere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,676
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am saddened by Vino's positive test. I liked Vino, the man knew how to shake up a race! I loved it in '03when he took off and made Lance and Beloki chase him.
    1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold

  7. #7
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another in a long line......this is why TdF is not that interesting to me anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  8. #8
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone seems to be on the edge of their seat waiting for Rasmussen to test positive now. He's been dodgy when it comes to testing this season...

    Sponsors are breaking contracts and pulling out of cycling. Adidas is done, T-Mobile is considering donenesss, Discovery announced they wouldn't resign (rumoured because of Basso).

    Get ready for a dry spell folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  9. #9
    Dude wheres my guads? skinnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guess
    My Bikes
    Not enough
    Posts
    2,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt tune into the live feed before leaving for work.. First time in years ..

  10. #10
    Wood Licker Maelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Whistler,BC
    My Bikes
    Transition Dirtbag, Kona Roast 2002 and specialized BMX
    Posts
    16,888
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its pro sport...they are all dirty. Once the governing body actually begins to believe that, things might get more interesting in regards to this. I have no faith any pro athlete is actually clean.

    Until governing bodies start to work with the athletes instead of pretending they are actually doing something useful, the "sport" of testing is just a giant joke.

  11. #11
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sports Illustrated is reporting that another rider (unnamed as of yet) has been found positive.

    Maybe I should keep training... I might be the only hope for the 2008 tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  12. #12
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Everyone seems to be on the edge of their seat waiting for Rasmussen to test positive now. He's been dodgy when it comes to testing this season...

    Sponsors are breaking contracts and pulling out of cycling. Adidas is done, T-Mobile is considering donenesss, Discovery announced they wouldn't resign (rumoured because of Basso).

    Get ready for a dry spell folks.



    On another forum, someone reported that another positive test has been performed - and should be announced this afternoon. Said the test was done on last Thursday's stage. 8 riders tested that day - so he says it got to be one of these ...

    Robert Hunter (stage winner)
    Michael Rasmussen (yellow jersey)
    Maxim Iglinskiy
    Erik Zabel
    Lilian Jegou
    Cristian Morini
    Kim Kirchen
    Patxi Vila.


  13. #13
    Ride to Ride Pugsly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    My Bikes
    Fuji C7 full DA
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  14. #14
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Get ready for a dry spell folks.
    I suspect you're right.

    (OMG...did I just agree with Cypress???)


    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Its pro sport...they are all dirty. Once the governing body actually begins to believe that, things might get more interesting in regards to this. I have no faith any pro athlete is actually clean.
    I agree. I think it starts when the sport ceases to be a fun passtime and becomes driven by money, greed, and advertising (yes, I know all three are the same thing).
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  15. #15
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  16. #16
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
    Vino's positive was announced yesterday....

    You wouldn't happen to own a DeLorean, would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  17. #17
    more ape than man timmhaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    8,093
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tude View Post
    On another forum, someone reported that another positive test has been performed - and should be announced this afternoon. Said the test was done on last Thursday's stage. 8 riders tested that day - so he says it got to be one of these ...

    Robert Hunter (stage winner)
    Michael Rasmussen (yellow jersey)
    Maxim Iglinskiy
    Erik Zabel
    Lilian Jegou
    Cristian Morini
    Kim Kirchen
    Patxi Vila.

    thanks for posting this...i was just looking for this information.

    A few of those riders i'm not familiar with, but one of them is already pretty suspious. *cough* chicken *cough*

  18. #18
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very sad, what happened to people just competing for the fun of it?? I haven't watched the tour this year and really can't say that I wished I had. Its depressing to hear about so many dopers. (disclaimer and only being fair, if their doping.)
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  19. #19
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Its very sad, what happened to people just competing for the fun of it?? I haven't watched the tour this year and really can't say that I wished I had. Its depressing to hear about so many dopers. (disclaimer and only being fair, if their doping.)
    It all went downhill (pun intended) when advertising got into it, I'm sure. It used to be about individual riders...now its teams all sponsored by somebody.

    Unfortunately it will never get back, because ads and sponsors are where the money is. Just like football. Just like baseball. Just like basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  20. #20
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Until governing bodies start to work with the athletes instead of pretending they are actually doing something useful, the "sport" of testing is just a giant joke.
    I think if they lose enough sponsors they'll have to do something about it.

  21. #21
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    I think if they lose enough sponsors they'll have to do something about it.
    Indeed. Hurt a man's feelings, he doesn't care. Hurt his wallet, and listen to him scream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  22. #22
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    There have been like 30 threads in Road Racing... all but one moved to the TDF forum.

    It'd be nice to have this one stay here for foosters to discuss. The threads in TDF are impossible to read. Nothing but personal attacks and gobbledeegoop.
    That's what happens when you get a bunch of people that don't ride bikes who think they're bike racing experts for one month of the year.

  23. #23
    Tail End Charlie Ritehsedad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maine, The Way Life Should Be
    My Bikes
    Fuji Nevada MTB, Giant OCR1
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Everyone seems to be on the edge of their seat waiting for Rasmussen to test positive now. He's been dodgy when it comes to testing this season...

    Sponsors are breaking contracts and pulling out of cycling. Adidas is done, T-Mobile is considering donenesss, Discovery announced they wouldn't resign (rumoured because of Basso).

    Get ready for a dry spell folks.
    It may be just me, but he looks like he just got out of a concentration camp.
    Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

  24. #24
    Senior Member Keith99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,806
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    It all went downhill (pun intended) when advertising got into it, I'm sure. It used to be about individual riders...now its teams all sponsored by somebody.

    Unfortunately it will never get back, because ads and sponsors are where the money is. Just like football. Just like baseball. Just like basketball.
    Yea it was so nice back with National teams, no doping back then!

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    South City, Ca
    Posts
    3,348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the article, what does injecting yourself with another's RBCs do? Does it allow more oxygen to the muscles? What an odd way of doping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •