Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-07, 09:57 PM   #1
PATH
Opus
Thread Starter
 
PATH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North of City
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Bianchi Axis, Specialized Crosstrail, Specialized Roubaix, Miyata Sportsrunner, Trek T1 Track Bike, Specialized CrossTrail Expert, Specialized Tricross Comp Triple
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why I Post Mostly in Foo

I post in this forum mostly because people get so worked up on many of the other ones. I love cycling but I don't want to argue about it and get acrimonious. Why do that? Granted some boards are pretty mellow while others have the atmosphere of a snake pit!

No, I like Foo where there is niceness and tom foolery!!!! I have to be serious with so many damn things in my life but if cycling came to that I'd get rid of my bikes.

So this is a message to those who argue the arcane, mundane, inane, and at times insane! Drop your pants and slide on the ice. (Yes, I stole that line from MASH but it is a good line!)
__________________
Go raibh an chóir ghaoithe i gcónaí liom!

2007 Specialized Tricross Comp Triple, 2007 Trek T1, 2006 Specialized Roubaix
2006 Bianchi Cross Concept, 1989 Miyata Sportrunner, 2006 Bianchi Axis, 2008 Specialized Crosstrail Expert







Lullaby Of Foo

Now I lay me down to sleep
Keep my bike safe from the bicycle thief
Keep my tootsies toasty warm
keep my carbon from any harm

Good Night Road Bike
Good Night Moutain Bike
Good night all you Foosters
And good night Moon
PATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 09:59 PM   #2
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATH View Post
I post in this forum mostly because people get so worked up on many of the other ones. I love cycling but I don't want to argue about it and get acrimonious. Why do that? Granted some boards are pretty mellow while others have the atmosphere of a snake pit!

No, I like Foo where there is niceness and tom foolery!!!! I have to be serious with so many damn things in my life but if cycling came to that I'd get rid of my bikes.

So this is a message to those who argue the arcane, mundane, inane, and at times insane! Drop your pants and slide on the ice. (Yes, I stole that line from MASH but it is a good line!)
Feel free to drop by Clyde's too, Path! We're pretty mellow as well
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 10:02 PM   #3
KingTermite 
On my TARDIScycle!
 
KingTermite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
Bikes: Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
Posts: 3,924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mostly post in Foo because this is where PATH is usually at.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
- it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.
KingTermite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 10:04 PM   #4
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
The good PATH leads to Foo.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 10:21 PM   #5
PATH
Opus
Thread Starter
 
PATH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North of City
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Bianchi Axis, Specialized Crosstrail, Specialized Roubaix, Miyata Sportsrunner, Trek T1 Track Bike, Specialized CrossTrail Expert, Specialized Tricross Comp Triple
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tom, I do post on the Clyde's forum because 1) the folks I have talked to on there are so nice it is incredible, 2) the moderator there named Tom is as mellow as a cello, and 3) KingTermite posts there!
__________________
Go raibh an chóir ghaoithe i gcónaí liom!

2007 Specialized Tricross Comp Triple, 2007 Trek T1, 2006 Specialized Roubaix
2006 Bianchi Cross Concept, 1989 Miyata Sportrunner, 2006 Bianchi Axis, 2008 Specialized Crosstrail Expert







Lullaby Of Foo

Now I lay me down to sleep
Keep my bike safe from the bicycle thief
Keep my tootsies toasty warm
keep my carbon from any harm

Good Night Road Bike
Good Night Moutain Bike
Good night all you Foosters
And good night Moon
PATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 10:43 PM   #6
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.
 
Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Florida
Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
Posts: 16,120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATH View Post
Tom, I do post on the Clyde's forum because 1) the folks I have talked to on there are so nice it is incredible, 2) the moderator there named Tom is as mellow as a cello, and 3) KingTermite posts there!
I know you do, I just haven't seen you in a bit.......
__________________
. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant
Tom Stormcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 10:48 PM   #7
Michigander
Senior Member
 
Michigander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Bikes: Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
Posts: 1,724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
I post in foo because its nice to converse with fellow cyclists without having to talk bikes.
__________________
Bring back the Sig Test!


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 11:16 PM   #8
markhr
POWERCRANK addict
 
markhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North Acton, West London, UK
Bikes:
Posts: 3,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATH View Post
...Drop your pants and slide on the ice....
only if it's salted, gritted ice
__________________
shameless POWERCRANK plug
Recommended reading for all cyclists - Cyclecraft - Effective Cycling
Condor Cycles - quite possibly the best bike shop in London
Don't run red lights, wear a helmet, use hand signals, get some cycle lights(front and rear) and, FFS, don't run red lights!
markhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-07, 11:18 PM   #9
donnamb 
tired
 
donnamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Bikes: Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
Posts: 5,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I post in Foo because the other forums are actual work for me.
__________________
"Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."
donnamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 12:13 AM   #10
ms.gio
Chief Slacking Officer
 
ms.gio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The City by the Lake
Bikes: Fuji Track SE, Cannondale R300
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only post in Foo, period.

Well, from time to time I venture into the SSFG forum but that usually feels like a sausage fest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by x136 View Post
Giolander: There can be only one.
Giodome: Several impostors enter, only the real one leaves?
ms.gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 05:55 AM   #11
santiago
sarcasm meter: jerk mode
 
santiago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Bikes: 2005 Kona Blast; 2005 Turner Flux, 2006 Felt F3C
Posts: 4,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love posting in the Mountain biking forum for the pure entertainment value. There are a lot of funny people in there. The volume of posts is relatively low compared to Foo, though.
__________________
First Class Jerk
santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 05:59 AM   #12
chipcom 
Infamous Member
 
chipcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi
Posts: 24,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I post in Foo for the chicks...and the beer...and the pie....and cuz its got the best folks in BF.
__________________
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
chipcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:05 AM   #13
santiago
sarcasm meter: jerk mode
 
santiago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Bikes: 2005 Kona Blast; 2005 Turner Flux, 2006 Felt F3C
Posts: 4,510
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipcom View Post
I post in Foo for the chicks...and the beer...and the pie....and cuz its got the best folks in BF.
Because it "feels like warm apple pie" or because it simply tastes good?
__________________
First Class Jerk
santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:05 AM   #14
Johnny_Monkey
Studs Terkel
 
Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Bikes: 2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
Posts: 8,724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't post in Foo.



Whoops!
Johnny_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:12 AM   #15
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!
 
jsharr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
Posts: 6,157
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I like foo because what we say in the room, stays in the room, or else you take a slide on the ice.

__________________
Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.
jsharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:16 AM   #16
CyLowe97
Up on the Down Side
 
CyLowe97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago(ish)
Bikes:
Posts: 6,330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're all wrong!
I'm always right!!
Admit you're all dumb!
Blah!
Blah blah!!!
Blah blah blah!!!!



Just wanted to drag Foo into the mud a bit....
CyLowe97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:24 AM   #17
Pheard
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: South City, Ca
Bikes:
Posts: 3,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know what else is good for the soul?

Chicken Soup.

Pheard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:24 AM   #18
CyLowe97
Up on the Down Side
 
CyLowe97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago(ish)
Bikes:
Posts: 6,330
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hang out in Foo mainly because I'm waiting for the triumphant return of MERTON.
CyLowe97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:27 AM   #19
Siu Blue Wind
Flowers for mom
 
Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 10,950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Awww. Poor Merton. Poor poor Merton.
Siu Blue Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:33 AM   #20
KrisPistofferson
Immoderator
 
KrisPistofferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: POS Tennessee
Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
Posts: 7,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I mostly post in PnR because we alter the course of world events, are very respectful of one another and never come across as ineffectual whiners.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeforums
Your rights end where another poster's feelings begin.
KrisPistofferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:38 AM   #21
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour
 
ModoVincere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like foo cause I deal with enough sanity in the real world that its nice to have a place to come and see a little insanity (the fun kind) from time to time.
Also, as stated above, some of the other forums are way to serious for their own good.
__________________
1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold
ModoVincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 06:39 AM   #22
chipcom 
Infamous Member
 
chipcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ohio
Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi
Posts: 24,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
Because it "feels like warm apple pie" or because it simply tastes good?
If I respond with what is in my head, I'll get banned fer shure!
__________________
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey
chipcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 07:35 AM   #23
polara426sh
Displaced Southerner
 
polara426sh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Webster, NY
Bikes: 1967 Peugeot UO-8, 1984 Torpado Beta, 1985 Trek 300, 1989 Dave Moulton Fuso FRX, '90s Hardrock x2, '90s Norco Pinnacle, Focus MB-350 IRO SSFGGB
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.gio View Post
I only post in Foo, period.

Well, from time to time I venture into the SSFG forum but that usually feels like a haterade drinking fest.
Fixed it for ya.
polara426sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 07:51 AM   #24
dragracer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hearing the Cheer's song running thru my head....OVER and Over and over and over.....
dragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 07:58 AM   #25
Cypress
Giving you the business.
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Bikes: Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
Posts: 4,441
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Foo seems to be one of the only places on the board that has a sense of humour.

There is way too much repetition in the other forums. I can only read "I averaged 17.3 MPH hon my ride today. Is that good?" so many times before it just gets too damn old. Doping threads seem to all say the same thing as well.

(I came from Road Cycling)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator
Dear Cypress,

You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.
Cypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 PM.