Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Photoshop Help

  1. #1
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Photoshop Help

    Whenever I cut and paste onto a new layer it always ends up that the top layer is transparent. I can't figure out how to change this. Idears?


  2. #2
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know for sure....I don't get too fancy in photoshop, but I see an "opacity" setting over on that layer control (bottom, right side).
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  3. #3
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    I don't know for sure....I don't get too fancy in photoshop, but I see an "opacity" setting over on that layer control (bottom, right side).
    Yeah, but even on 100% it is still transparent.

  4. #4
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible that the image you are copying is transparent already, is it a GIF?

  5. #5
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,012
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Merge it down into the layer below and just make it disappear?
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  6. #6
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyquest View Post
    It's possible that the image you are copying is transparent already, is it a GIF?

    You can see the image in the screen shot. It is not a gif and not transparent.

  7. #7
    The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,012
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Are you trying to creat a Smilie with Elmo's body and a *** with this?

    If so, then try a select area the size of the smilie and cut the inside of the circle so there is a white background to paste into, removing the tendency for the image to show through the top layer behind it.

    Merge the layer and use the Free select, then cut the selected area (in this case, the smilie you just pasted in and merged down.), then recopy the smilie from the first image and paste it into the blank area.
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.


    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  8. #8
    Administrator Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atomic batteries to power; turbines to speed
    My Bikes
    Salsa La Raza, Panasonic Electric, Bria, Bamboo touring, Bamboo cargo
    Posts
    4,699
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #9
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a pic with 100 % opacity on the layer and it is merged down.

    This happens after I copy and paste a new layer onto something. I am missing something but can't figure what.


  10. #10
    Slow ride, take it easy - Frankenbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Corn, corn, corn, corn, corn, corn, soybean, corn fields of Illinois
    My Bikes
    98 Mongoose Cambridge with Xtracycle
    Posts
    252
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I see in your last post, it looks like you are feathering the edge when you copy/paste. Feathering blends the edges of the two images. Zero pixel feathering produces a hard edge whereas 250 produces a gradual transition depending on how many pixels are in your image.

    Check the feathering value and change it to zero if you want a hard edge.

    To define a feathered edge for a selection tool:

    Select any of the lasso or marquee tools.
    Enter a Feather value in the options bar. This value defines the width of the feathered edge and can range from 0 to 250 pixels.

    To define a feathered edge for an existing selection:

    Choose Select > Feather.
    Enter a value for the Feather Radius, and click OK.
    Note: A small selection made with a large feather radius may be so faint that its edges are invisible and thus not selectable. If a message appears stating "No pixels are more than 50% selected," either decrease the feather radius or increase the selection's size. Or click OK to accept the mask at its current setting and create a selection in which you cannot see the edges.

    Hope this helps...

  11. #11
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenbiker View Post
    From what I see in your last post, it looks like you are feathering the edge when you copy/paste. Feathering blends the edges of the two images. Zero pixel feathering produces a hard edge whereas 250 produces a gradual transition depending on how many pixels are in your image.

    Check the feathering value and change it to zero if you want a hard edge.

    To define a feathered edge for a selection tool:

    Select any of the lasso or marquee tools.
    Enter a Feather value in the options bar. This value defines the width of the feathered edge and can range from 0 to 250 pixels.

    To define a feathered edge for an existing selection:

    Choose Select > Feather.
    Enter a value for the Feather Radius, and click OK.
    Note: A small selection made with a large feather radius may be so faint that its edges are invisible and thus not selectable. If a message appears stating "No pixels are more than 50% selected," either decrease the feather radius or increase the selection's size. Or click OK to accept the mask at its current setting and create a selection in which you cannot see the edges.

    Hope this helps...

    I think you nailed it. I am not on my PS computer right now, but i get that error message all the time, so think you are right. I will try when i get on the right computer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •