Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
  1. #1
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ignorance is bliss...

    My sister uses my laptop frequently, she is 16...

    She left open a message board post of hers in which i learned she is looking for ideas about "car sex" and in her sig mentions that she "smokes pot, because she likes how it feels".

    Neither of this surprises me too much, i was her age just a short while ago. Her older sibling smoked dope all through high school (except myself) and most dropped out of high school. Her sister, my "ex"-step-sister (yes...my family could be on Jerry Springer) got herself pregnant a few years ago.

    I always hoped that my sister had learned...apparently not.

    Is this something i should talk to her about myself? Should i tell her parents?

    She has had a boyfriend for a while, he's kind of a turd, but he's 16...they are always creating drama for them self. I don't dislike this guy, but i'm not sure she really knows what she sees in him. And i certainly don't like the idea of her losing her virginity in her car (which she just got, how convenient) to this turd...especially at 16.

    Regarding the pot, i don't have any issue with people smoking, but i do have my limits. 16 year olds don't need to be smoking in my opinion...especially one with her maturity, or lack of it rather.

    This is that moment i always imagined would come but hoped would never.

  2. #2
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wont "fix" anything by any means...but i certainly don't want her talking about this **** on my computer either my laptop or my desktop, through my router and on my keyboard/mouse...

    So my router is now blocking that website

  3. #3
    Long haired freak. wethepeople's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Still stuck in hell.
    My Bikes
    2011 SE Old Man Flyer.
    Posts
    6,280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't keep teens from having sex, it's that simple.



    But you can dress in all black wearing a balaclava and scare the **** out of the boyfriend so he's to afraid to take a poke at her. Confront him outside in a threatening manner and don't let him figure out it was you.

    "the bus came by and I got on, that's when it all began...there was Cowboy Neal at the wheel of a bus to never-ever land."


  4. #4
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this thread belonged to P&R? What do you want; meaningless fluff, or invaluable wisdom? Make up your mind.

  5. #5
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by red house View Post
    I thought this thread belonged to P&R? What do you want; meaningless fluff, or invaluable wisdom? Make up your mind.

    Invaluable wisdom, which is why i removed it away from javna, i never meant to post it in P&R anyways.

  6. #6
    Feral Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    My Bikes
    yes, I have one.
    Posts
    2,664
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the rest of your family's just a shambles. If she hasn't learned from the examples already around her, well yeah I wonder how useful it would be trying to confront her. Try anyway, what do you have to lose? Rat her out if you want, again what do you have to lose?

    Where are her parents?

    It does sound like the whole family is stuck in some Springer-like vortex of self-perpetuating trashdom. Once you've done all you can to relieve your conscience, get some popcorn and sit back and watch the show. You can delight in knowing that one day you can appear on Springer as the lone, sensible relative.
    Last edited by Nicodemus; 08-07-07 at 03:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
    Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.

  7. #7
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Where are you parents?
    Thats a can of worms you really don't want to open i think. Keep in mind that the majority of the siblings i mentioned are the kids of her mother, who is not my mother.

  8. #8
    Senior Member cyclezealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
    My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Posts
    13,147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Children can only be nudged along the road to sanity. I always thought peer groups and television to have an equal input to positive family influences. A heart to heart with those she respects would be a good start . Excessive authority figures can turn them off by being too firm. Who might she respect and love , other than her boyfriend.

  9. #9
    Feral Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    My Bikes
    yes, I have one.
    Posts
    2,664
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oops, sorry, I'm a P&R flunkie, ignore my comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
    Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.

  10. #10
    Feral Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Roma, Italia
    My Bikes
    yes, I have one.
    Posts
    2,664
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyquest View Post
    Thats a can of worms you really don't want to open i think. Keep in mind that the majority of the siblings i mentioned are the kids of her mother, who is not my mother.
    okay, what are you doing awake right now? Didn't even let me finish editing my post!

    But yeah, that does explain a few things.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
    Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.

  11. #11
    Senior Member gapowermike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    McDonough, Georgia
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000 & 4100 & 5500
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyquest View Post
    My sister uses my laptop frequently, she is 16...

    She left open a message board post of hers in which i learned she is looking for ideas about "car sex" and in her sig mentions that she "smokes pot, because she likes how it feels".

    Neither of this surprises me too much, i was her age just a short while ago. Her older sibling smoked dope all through high school (except myself) and most dropped out of high school. Her sister, my "ex"-step-sister (yes...my family could be on Jerry Springer) got herself pregnant a few years ago.

    I always hoped that my sister had learned...apparently not.

    Is this something i should talk to her about myself? Should i tell her parents?

    She has had a boyfriend for a while, he's kind of a turd, but he's 16...they are always creating drama for them self. I don't dislike this guy, but i'm not sure she really knows what she sees in him. And i certainly don't like the idea of her losing her virginity in her car (which she just got, how convenient) to this turd...especially at 16.

    Regarding the pot, i don't have any issue with people smoking, but i do have my limits. 16 year olds don't need to be smoking in my opinion...especially one with her maturity, or lack of it rather.

    This is that moment i always imagined would come but hoped would never.


    Both hilarious! I especially like the one where you imply she's a virgin. 16's not what it used to be man.
    RIP Stacey. =3.

  12. #12
    Jewish Media Conspirator asherlighn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maine
    My Bikes
    Trek 5200, IRO Jamie Roy, Felt F75, and an old GT mountain bike
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to confront her about it (yeah, it will be awkward) and just be sure she is using protection. Neither pot or safe sex will screw up her life, especially at 16, but an STD or unwanted pregnancy can really suck. Don't be preachy, just make sure she knows that there are people who have realistic expectations of her and that you are only looking out for her interests.

    I was really afraid I was going to be in a similiar situation with my younger sister, but she is pretty smart and learned from my mistakes
    Quote Originally Posted by dutret
    The fact is that most peoples sense of what rides well is easily overcome by their sense of what looks cool.

  13. #13
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you do, don't take her to that Vince Neil show.

    The bass player will probably give her the clap.

  14. #14
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asherlighn View Post
    You might want to confront her about it (yeah, it will be awkward) and just be sure she is using protection. Neither pot or safe sex will screw up her life, especially at 16, but an STD or unwanted pregnancy can really suck. Don't be preachy, just make sure she knows that there are people who have realistic expectations of her and that you are only looking out for her interests.

    I was really afraid I was going to be in a similiar situation with my younger sister, but she is pretty smart and learned from my mistakes


    Very awkward.....I would talk to her and tell her " it's not my place to tell you what to do ", but.....

    Then give a little speech about if you're gonna have sex, make sure a condom is used (even if you're on the pill).

    I don't want it to sound like condoning, but as WeThePeople said, if she wants to get it, nobody can stop her, she'll find a way. Just make sure she's thinking about safety because she doesn't want a pregnancy or an STD.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  15. #15
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gapowermike View Post

    Both hilarious! I especially like the one where you imply she's a virgin. 16's not what it used to be man.
    You don't get your first car and then two days later make a post online about where they can hide safely to have sex if you are already having sex.

  16. #16
    Seņor Member USAZorro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Carlisle, PA
    My Bikes
    1954 Hetchins M.O., 1959 Viking Severn Valley, 1970 Raleigh Pro, 1972 Fuji "The Finest", 1974 Raleigh Superbe&Comp, 1976 Raleigh Team Pro, 1994 Trek 830 MTB, 2000 Bob Jackson Arrowhead, Unicycle
    Posts
    13,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the first step is to get her to stop using your laptop.
    The search for inner peace continues...

  17. #17
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    I think the first step is to get her to stop using your laptop.

    That just means she uses my desktop. Although i'm not really sure why that's a problem.

  18. #18
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USAZorro View Post
    I think the first step is to get her to stop using your laptop.
    This is unwise.

    The more she's using the laptop, the less time her boyfriend gets to use her laptop.

  19. #19
    Giving you the business. Cypress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Ridley Noah, Giant Trinity Advanced, Specialized Crux
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyquest View Post
    got herself pregnant a few years ago.
    Happened to me once.

    That's the last time I do whipits in the shower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Dear Cypress,

    You have received an infraction at Bike Forums.

  20. #20
    Third World Layabout crtreedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Costa Rica
    My Bikes
    Cannondale F900 and Tandem
    Posts
    3,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There really are only two paths - one which makes plans for tomorrow, the other lives for just today. If you don't change her world view - you are spitting in the wind.

  21. #21
    Why not? EthanYQX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    My Bikes
    Giant STP 2
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Happened to me once.

    That's the last time I do whipits in the shower.
    LOL
    "It is not the critic who counts."

  22. #22
    Senior Member TimJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyquest View Post
    You don't get your first car and then two days later make a post online about where they can hide safely to have sex if you are already having sex.
    Yeah, you also don't get your first nipple clamps and then two days later ask how you can use them sexually if you've already had sex.

    You also don't get your first hotel room and then two days later ask how you can use the hotel room to have sex if you've already had sex.

    You also don't get your first morning after pill and then two days later ask how you can use it for sex if you've already had sex.

    See what I'm getting at? Asking around the best way to use her car in the pursuit of sex doesn't mean she's a virgin. More likely she just wants more sex in a safer environment than in the bushes or behind the school or on the couch while the parents are asleep or out in the enclosed patio or in the bathroom or at your brother's place or just in the backyard hoping no one comes out... are you sure you were 16 once?
    fun facts: Psychopaths have trouble understanding abstract concepts.
    "Incompetent individuals, compared with their more competent peers, will dramatically overestimate their ability and performance relative to objective criteria."

  23. #23
    (((Fully Awake))) Serendipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ~Serenading with sensous soliloquies whilst singing supple sentences that are simultaneously suppling my sonnets with serenity serendipitously.~ -Serendipper
    My Bikes
    Guerciotti Pista-Giant Carbon-Bridgestone300- Batavus Type Champion Road Bike, Specialized Hardrock Commuter, On-One The Gimp (SS Rigid MTB/hit by a truck)- Raleigh Sports 3-speed,Gatsby Scorcher, comming soon...The Penny Farthing Highwheel!
    Posts
    5,598
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more strict you are about it, the more she will try to experiment. Just be cool about it, and make it about her bf being a young ******, not about a guilt trip on her.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

    無上甚深微妙法 .... 百千萬劫難遭遇..... 我今見聞得受持

  24. #24
    Senior Member juliebeanpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chico, CA
    My Bikes
    Santa Cruz Heckler, Giant Revive
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a very successful woman (it could be me, I'm not saying for sure) who engaged in coitus at sixteen, and also may have smoked a little (or a lot of) reefer.

    Yet now, as an adult, she's a taxpaying, responsible member of society, happily married for 7 years.

    Perhaps it may be better to invest some time in your sister by being a loving big brother; just feeling loved by someone does wonders for making people better humans. And you might get something out of it, too. Who knows, maybe the extra attention from you will make her feel so confident that in the future she'll pick guys who are as wonderful as you. With the way things sound about your "Jerry Springer" family, she might not have the most confidence in the world.

    And yes, as KingTermite said, advise her to always use a condom, weather she's on the pill or not.

  25. #25
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimJ View Post
    Yeah, you also don't get your first nipple clamps and then two days later ask how you can use them sexually if you've already had sex.

    You also don't get your first hotel room and then two days later ask how you can use the hotel room to have sex if you've already had sex.

    You also don't get your first morning after pill and then two days later ask how you can use it for sex if you've already had sex.

    See what I'm getting at? Asking around the best way to use her car in the pursuit of sex doesn't mean she's a virgin. More likely she just wants more sex in a safer environment than in the bushes or behind the school or on the couch while the parents are asleep or out in the enclosed patio or in the bathroom or at your brother's place or just in the backyard hoping no one comes out... are you sure you were 16 once?
    I can assure you that she's a virgin based on what i read, it doesn't really matter though because she probably wont be in a few weeks.

    The reason she's interested in doing it in the car (which, by the way, if she thinks she can just go do it in a compact car no problem she's to another thing coming...i've tried it and it aint easy!) is because she lives in a house with 8 people...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •