Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Senior Member Crono's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Inay ethay east bay
    My Bikes
    A red one and a black one
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How do you uninvite someone to a party?

    My friend invited someone I explicitly said not to invite. His excuse: "I didn't think you were serious"

    Well, that's just ****ing dandy.

    Tips?

  2. #2
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reschedule the party and don't tell him or be home that night.

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell the guy you are sorry but it's a private party. No. Make your friend do it. Then un-invite HIM too.
    Last edited by Siu Blue Wind; 08-08-07 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    Dude wheres my guads? skinnyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Guess
    My Bikes
    Not enough
    Posts
    2,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let it slide.. Get sloshed early so that you can forget about it and start hitting on random ladies..

  5. #5
    fart knocker Oleanshoebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    laying back in the cut
    My Bikes
    Red silver blue, doodie caca poo.
    Posts
    1,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't.

  6. #6
    I drink your MILKSHAKE Raiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity
    Posts
    15,082
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    My friend invited someone I explicitly said not to invite. His excuse: "I didn't think you were serious"

    Well, that's just ****ing dandy.

    Tips?
    Arrange for some large gentlemen to give the undesired element a "ride"

  7. #7
    Senior Member DannoXYZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Saratoga, CA
    Posts
    11,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kick out both the friend and the unwanted guest.

  8. #8
    1/2 man,1/2 bear,1/2 pig ManBearPig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    .
    My Bikes
    .
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    My friend invited someone I explicitly said not to invite. His excuse: "I didn't think you were serious"

    Well, that's just ****ing dandy.

    Tips?
    Easy answer - you don't. The facts of the case don't matter. Someone was invited and they should not only be welcome, but welcomed cordially.
    ...

  9. #9
    1/2 man,1/2 bear,1/2 pig ManBearPig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    .
    My Bikes
    .
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, just e-mail him this thread. Things will kinda work themselves out naturally.
    ...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Indyv8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Reisterstown Maryland
    My Bikes
    Austro-Daimler Olympian Trek 800, Giant OCR C3
    Posts
    432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it likely to become violent? Why is the un-invitee and un-invitee? If you have a valid reason, and the party is at your domicile, you can uninvite anyone you choose. That is not necessarily an easy or comfortable task. Better advice with better details.

    Oh, a sudden house fire would probably keep the unfriend away!
    Slow, but at least still moving...

  11. #11
    Sprockette wabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,496
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah..exactly why don't you want that person there??

    if it's a really serious thing like violence,then when he shows up, don't let him in. Otherwise, forget it...just let him in and go on about your business.
    You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. That's great...if you want to attract vermin.

  12. #12
    almost kosher
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    who's holding the party? you or your friend? that makes a difference.

  13. #13
    Senior Member skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CO Springs, CO
    My Bikes
    08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic
    Posts
    1,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
    Easy answer - you don't. The facts of the case don't matter. Someone was invited and they should not only be welcome, but welcomed cordially.
    Huh? The facts DO matter. It's Crono's party. His friend invited someone he had no authorization to invite. The friend should have to go back and tell the guy it was a mistake. Or... if the friend is a true friend, he'll take his buddy out somewhere else and neither will be at the party.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    2010 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  14. #14
    almost kosher
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it crono's party? didn't specify in the OP... i don't want to assume but it would make a difference. if it IS crono's, then i'd have his pal uninvite the 'uninvited' - as gracefully as possible. if it weren't crono's party i'd just give my graces and avoid it.

  15. #15
    1/2 man,1/2 bear,1/2 pig ManBearPig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    .
    My Bikes
    .
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Huh? The facts DO matter. It's Crono's party. His friend invited someone he had no authorization to invite. The friend should have to go back and tell the guy it was a mistake. Or... if the friend is a true friend, he'll take his buddy out somewhere else and neither will be at the party.
    The facts don't matter. The friend of the party thrower (1st friend) had implied authority to invite the friend of the friend (2nd friend). The party thrower can take that up with the first friend, but don't punish the 2nd friend. However, I would agree that one resolution would be for #1 to see to it that neither #1 nor #2 show up.
    ...

  16. #16
    almost kosher
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
    The facts don't matter. The friend of the party thrower (1st friend) had implied authority to invite the friend of the friend (2nd friend). The party thrower can take that up with the first friend, but don't punish the 2nd friend. However, I would agree that one resolution would be for #1 to see to it that neither #1 nor #2 show up.
    i am completely lost now, but that's no huge achievement on anybody's part.

  17. #17
    Senior Member skiahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    CO Springs, CO
    My Bikes
    08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert, 02 Litespeed Tuscany, 04 Specialized S-Works Epic
    Posts
    1,034
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towlie View Post
    The facts don't matter. The friend of the party thrower (1st friend) had implied authority to invite the friend of the friend (2nd friend). The party thrower can take that up with the first friend, but don't punish the 2nd friend. However, I would agree that one resolution would be for #1 to see to it that neither #1 nor #2 show up.
    You need to re-read the OP:

    Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    My friend invited someone I explicitly said not to invite.[emphasis mine]
    Friend #1 did not have authority - implied or otherwise - to invite the unwanted guest. So, it's his responsibility to uninvite or otherwise make sure the unwanted guest does not attend.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    2010 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

  18. #18
    Hazardous Taerom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Quarantine
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there going to be hot ladies at this party?

  19. #19
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taerom focuses on what's important...
    "Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."

  20. #20
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Is it something I said?
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  21. #21
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,033
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Invite me and give me a few beers. I will strip down to a thong and start to hit on the unwanted visitor as soon as they arrive. Male or female, I can probably have the unwanted one gone in minutes. At least that is how I remember it happening back in my single days. You gonna have hors douvres? I like the little weenies in BBQ sauce.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  22. #22
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    Invite me and give me a few beers. I will strip down to a thong and start to hit on the unwanted visitor as soon as they arrive. Male or female, I can probably have the unwanted one gone in minutes. At least that is how I remember it happening back in my single days. You gonna have hors douvres? I like the little weenies in BBQ sauce.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA

    <now where is that pic of whats his name in the UniThong hehe>

    You must be a sight to behold!

  23. #23
    Master Surfer of Curbs glenng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    70%PIT 30% Blue Yonder
    My Bikes
    Whats it to ya?
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ITs easy. Tell `em straight to their face that you don`t want them at the party. If you don`t have the stones to do that then suck it up, pretend to like them and hate yourself for being a noodle.
    Glenn

  24. #24
    Senior Member Crono's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Inay ethay east bay
    My Bikes
    A red one and a black one
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, here are the details.

    It's my birthday soon. I brought up to my friend "I think I'd like to have a party that day"
    He said, "I'll take care of it"
    I said, "Sure, as long as Matt's not there"
    Both: *LOL*

    For the next week or so we both brainstormed about how to deceptively not invite him to the party. Once the evite was sent, I saw Matt on the list.

    Me: "Why's Matt on the list?"
    Him: "I thought you weren't serious"
    Me: *slaps forehead*

    I'll pause right now to explain why we hate him. In short, he's fake. His generosity exists only if there's something in it for him, or to impress someone. We got the shaft from him one time at the bar when he offered to buy a round of drinks. The bartender took a while, and by the time the drinks came out, the girls had left. When it came time to pay he just walked off, leaving my other friend to front the tab.

    He's also a creep that has a tendency to grab girls in their naughty no-no places and quickly retort with "But I'm drunk!" when he gets smacked in the face. One of those girls is my close friend whom I actually want at the party. The last time they encountered each other he tried to greet her with a hug and she pushed him away, calling him a "****head."

    Lastly, he's a pathological liar. His favorite pickup line is something like "I'm in a band that used to tour with Fall Out Boy." I'm not kidding. At the end of the night when he obviously struck out, it used to be pretty funny to hear about what he did in the privacy of the bathroom stall with some girl, but that got old REALLY quick. His boastful stories would even contain an element of degradation towards the person he's telling the story to. ex: "She was sucking it so well in the stall. I think it was the same girl you tried talking to earlier, haha. She barely even LOOKED at you!"

    I'm a non-confrontational person, so my solution is to just detach him from my life, and that works out pretty well except that I keep on running into him at the club. That's not all, he's a room mate of 2 of my closer friends, as well as a coworker to one of them. That means that in order to not mess up their living and working situations, we all have to try to reduce the friction that exists between him and our circle of friends.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Ziemas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    My Bikes
    Iro Rob Roy, Colnago Competition, LHT, Kona Sutra flat bar, Torelli cyclocross, Vanco Cyclocross Fixed Gear Conversion
    Posts
    9,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono View Post
    Well, here are the details.

    It's my birthday soon. I brought up to my friend "I think I'd like to have a party that day"
    He said, "I'll take care of it"
    I said, "Sure, as long as Matt's not there"
    Both: *LOL*

    For the next week or so we both brainstormed about how to deceptively not invite him to the party. Once the evite was sent, I saw Matt on the list.

    Me: "Why's Matt on the list?"
    Him: "I thought you weren't serious"
    Me: *slaps forehead*

    I'll pause right now to explain why we hate him. In short, he's fake. His generosity exists only if there's something in it for him, or to impress someone. We got the shaft from him one time at the bar when he offered to buy a round of drinks. The bartender took a while, and by the time the drinks came out, the girls had left. When it came time to pay he just walked off, leaving my other friend to front the tab.

    He's also a creep that has a tendency to grab girls in their naughty no-no places and quickly retort with "But I'm drunk!" when he gets smacked in the face. One of those girls is my close friend whom I actually want at the party. The last time they encountered each other he tried to greet her with a hug and she pushed him away, calling him a "****head."

    Lastly, he's a pathological liar. His favorite pickup line is something like "I'm in a band that used to tour with Fall Out Boy." I'm not kidding. At the end of the night when he obviously struck out, it used to be pretty funny to hear about what he did in the privacy of the bathroom stall with some girl, but that got old REALLY quick. His boastful stories would even contain an element of degradation towards the person he's telling the story to. ex: "She was sucking it so well in the stall. I think it was the same girl you tried talking to earlier, haha. She barely even LOOKED at you!"

    I'm a non-confrontational person, so my solution is to just detach him from my life, and that works out pretty well except that I keep on running into him at the club. That's not all, he's a room mate of 2 of my closer friends, as well as a coworker to one of them. That means that in order to not mess up their living and working situations, we all have to try to reduce the friction that exists between him and our circle of friends.
    Be honest and tell him that you don't like his behavior, and that he makes women nervous to be around him. Tell him that you don't want him in your house or at your party do to his past actions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •