Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Rocky Mountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Marlin
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fantasy Football League

    Who wants in? Draft is scheduled for August 26th at 9:30pm central.

    http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ click Join a League (in blue on the right side)

    Draft ID#: 491361
    Password: Colorado


    By joining the league you agree to make a minimum of 5 trades thoughout the regular season. Playoffs are weeks 14, 15, 16.

  2. #2
    5 stringer cpljohnst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    My Bikes
    06' Tirreno Raza 2000, 88' Schwinn Traveler
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rocky Mountain. I've joined. Looking forward to it.
    "Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga." - Carl Spackler

  3. #3
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Mountain View Post
    By joining the league you agree to make a minimum of 5 trades thoughout the regular season. Playoffs are weeks 14, 15, 16.
    Umm...why

  4. #4
    unofficial roadie DirtPedalerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out in the woods you see
    My Bikes
    2004 Marin bobcat trail, 2006 trek fuel ex7, 2007 iron horse road bike
    Posts
    1,444
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna play is this like last years .. i missed it.

  5. #5
    the actual el guapo atomship47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    midwest
    My Bikes
    '06 trek 7300, '05 db wildwood, '07 felt z35
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you agree to make a minimum of 5 trades thoughout the regular season.

    that is an AWESOME rule!



    actually, i run a yahoo ffl too. we're looking for at least 1 more player. anyone who is interested, send me pm (sorry for the thread hijack).

    btw, we are very much an "amateur" league. we have a lot of fun with smack talk and joking and some pretty goofing around and side-bets. but, no one takes it too seriously.
    Last edited by atomship47; 08-19-07 at 07:27 AM. Reason: more info
    Compatibility:

    Your exact opposite is the Televangelist.

    Other personalities you would probably get along with are the Capitalist Pig, the Smartass, and the Sociopath.

  6. #6
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomship47 View Post
    that is an AWESOME rule!
    I'm not sure why...

  7. #7
    the actual el guapo atomship47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    midwest
    My Bikes
    '06 trek 7300, '05 db wildwood, '07 felt z35
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyquest View Post
    I'm not sure why...
    last few years, about 60% of all mgrs who had lt, manning or priest holmes ended up winning the league. then there are a few upstarts that pile up the points who no one really predicted to do so.

    forcing trades helps eliminate ffl juggernauts (sp?) created by managers who get lucky and snag a couple of these types of players.


    sure, part of the fun of ffl is doing your homework and having a great draft day. but, its a long season for the rest of the folks who end up with busts.
    Compatibility:

    Your exact opposite is the Televangelist.

    Other personalities you would probably get along with are the Capitalist Pig, the Smartass, and the Sociopath.

  8. #8
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomship47 View Post
    last few years, about 60% of all mgrs who had lt, manning or priest holmes ended up winning the league. then there are a few upstarts that pile up the points who no one really predicted to do so.

    forcing trades helps eliminate ffl juggernauts (sp?) created by managers who get lucky and snag a couple of these types of players.


    sure, part of the fun of ffl is doing your homework and having a great draft day. but, its a long season for the rest of the folks who end up with busts.
    I've been doing fantasy football for nearly 10 years now, this rule is absurd and its not something i've ever seen before. So you gotta win to have fun? Everyone should win?

    Thanks but no thanks, you all have a good time

  9. #9
    the actual el guapo atomship47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    midwest
    My Bikes
    '06 trek 7300, '05 db wildwood, '07 felt z35
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [sigh]

    no, its not about winning at all.

    the draft is a really fun part of ffl. another really fun part (for me anyway) is doing your homework and trying to pick the optimal lineup each week. last year, if a mgr had manning and harrison on their team, there was basically no need to even try to change lineups. those 2 piled up enough points that the mgr didn't even have to look at the rest of his starters.

    also, its about participation. in the fantasy leagues i've managed (football and hockey), some of the more fun seasons involved lots of transactions and interactions (and silly side bets - like the loser buying a shirt of the winner's fave team...then wearing it to work and taking a pic to prove it......or oral sex....or shaving half of one's body and going out in public like that, etc).

    so its not for you. that's ok. don't join. hey rocky, i'll join your league if you join mine!
    Compatibility:

    Your exact opposite is the Televangelist.

    Other personalities you would probably get along with are the Capitalist Pig, the Smartass, and the Sociopath.

  10. #10
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomship47 View Post
    [sigh]

    no, its not about winning at all.

    the draft is a really fun part of ffl. another really fun part (for me anyway) is doing your homework and trying to pick the optimal lineup each week. last year, if a mgr had manning and harrison on their team, there was basically no need to even try to change lineups. those 2 piled up enough points that the mgr didn't even have to look at the rest of his starters.

    also, its about participation. in the fantasy leagues i've managed (football and hockey), some of the more fun seasons involved lots of transactions and interactions (and silly side bets - like the loser buying a shirt of the winner's fave team...then wearing it to work and taking a pic to prove it......or oral sex....or shaving half of one's body and going out in public like that, etc).

    so its not for you. that's ok. don't join. hey rocky, i'll join your league if you join mine!
    I'm not against transactions, i'm against worthless transactions which is likely going to happen if you force 50 trades in the league...

    Manning and harrison don't win a league, if they are then you need to look at the point system or have more teams involved.

  11. #11
    the actual el guapo atomship47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    midwest
    My Bikes
    '06 trek 7300, '05 db wildwood, '07 felt z35
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manning and harrison don't win a league,
    actually, i read an espn article that indicated that they did in 60% of std leagues last year.

    i changed my settings to put more emphasis and defense and special teams. that helps....but doesn't totally eliminate it.

    anyway. go play your leagues. i'll play mine.....no need to poo poo others' rules. just don't play......free market at its finest!
    Compatibility:

    Your exact opposite is the Televangelist.

    Other personalities you would probably get along with are the Capitalist Pig, the Smartass, and the Sociopath.

  12. #12
    Banned. timmyquest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    5,770
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 trades doesn't mean someone with manning and Harrison are going to be traded anyways. Your "solution" solves nothing.

    I wish you luck with this league, it is the third attempt to start one up...

  13. #13
    the actual el guapo atomship47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    midwest
    My Bikes
    '06 trek 7300, '05 db wildwood, '07 felt z35
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i wish you luck with your league.



    you poo pooer
    Compatibility:

    Your exact opposite is the Televangelist.

    Other personalities you would probably get along with are the Capitalist Pig, the Smartass, and the Sociopath.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •