Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-07, 07:24 PM   #1
666
Son of the Dark One
Thread Starter
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hell (DC)
Bikes:
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What I've learned about BF

After lurking for a while and now interacting I have reached a conclusion:

There are no facts on BF, only opinions.


Yes, that's my opinion.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:30 PM   #2
JBS103
James
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Bikes: 2005 S-Works Roubaix Ultegra
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lets agree to disagree.
JBS103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:32 PM   #3
freefree113
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greater Boston Area
Bikes:
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's not true. Just my opinion.
freefree113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:32 PM   #4
HWS
Fuji Shill
 
HWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: WPAFB, OH
Bikes: Fuji Roubaix
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't that the first rule of Bike Forums?
__________________
HWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:33 PM   #5
garysol1 
Senior Member
 
garysol1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: K-Zoo Michigan
Bikes:
Posts: 10,139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Here is a FACT: I have a hard time taking anything seriously from a guy who goes by the name 666, Son of the Dark one and lists there location as Hell..
__________________
Trek Emonda SLR8 USA Built
Trek Stache 7 Its a hoot!
Specialized AWOL Mile Muncher
Specialized Fatboy Trail Miles of Smiles
Kona Jake The Snake Cross
garysol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:33 PM   #6
BillyD
Administrator
 
BillyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92
Posts: 18,427
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
. . . and the problem is??
__________________
See, this is why we can't have nice things. - - smarkinson
Where else but the internet can a bunch of cyclists go and be the tough guy? - - jdon
Titanium and Steel Divisions
BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:33 PM   #7
Hendley
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Bikes:
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, you're wrong. And that's a fact.
Hendley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:35 PM   #8
Frugle
Senior Member
 
Frugle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that's the first rule of the internet.
Frugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:36 PM   #9
G-Whacker
Affable Aberrant
 
G-Whacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GDTRFB
Bikes:
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've learned that everyone has an agenda....except me.
G-Whacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:39 PM   #10
xfimpg
Senior Member
 
xfimpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 3,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is why I love this place; everyone has an opinion and you go with the one that makes most sense to you.
And that's my opinion too. :-)
xfimpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:40 PM   #11
halfspeed
Senior Member
 
halfspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SE Minnesota
Bikes: are better than yours.
Posts: 12,276
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are facts, you just have to weed through the BS, religion and folklore to get to them.
halfspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:41 PM   #12
openclassmx
Old. Bald. Slow.
 
openclassmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, GA
Bikes: '05 Trek 2100
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When they told me I had to "flip it" they told me it was fact and that it was non-negotiable.
openclassmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:46 PM   #13
666
Son of the Dark One
Thread Starter
 
666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hell (DC)
Bikes:
Posts: 844
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfspeed View Post
There are facts, you just have to weed through the BS, religion and folklore to get to them.
Is that your opinion?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:48 PM   #14
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Bikes: several
Posts: 4,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
correct, incorrect, that is all.
'nother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:49 PM   #15
dcvelo
Pretend Racer
 
dcvelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern Neck
Bikes:
Posts: 1,281
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by openclassmx View Post
When they told me I had to "flip it" they told me it was fact and that it was non-negotiable.
Well, it is a fact...
dcvelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:49 PM   #16
grahny
hobo
 
grahny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CO
Bikes:
Posts: 3,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've actually never even been on a bike in my entire life... I just use the search function to find answers to all the threads.
grahny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:50 PM   #17
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog
 
patentcad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester, NY
Bikes: 2013 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict, 2015 Scott Scale 700SL MTB
Posts: 59,579
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Don't muddle BF with any clear observations. This is hardly the appropriate place for those. That is the one fact we can all agree upon regardless of our opinions.
patentcad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:51 PM   #18
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Bikes: several
Posts: 4,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patentcad View Post
Don't muddle BF with any clear observations. This is hardly the appropriate place for those. That is the one fact we can all agree upon regardless of our opinions.
correct, incorrect, that is all.
'nother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:51 PM   #19
Flak
Flatland hack
 
Flak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nowhere near the mountains :/
Bikes:
Posts: 3,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sez you
__________________
My shop - www.spinbikeshop.com
My team - www.teampanther.com
Flak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:52 PM   #20
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Bikes: several
Posts: 4,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak View Post
sez you
correct, incorrect, that is all.
'nother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:52 PM   #21
JonnyV
Senior Member
 
JonnyV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellwood, Pa
Bikes: 2012 Fuji Altamira 1.0
Posts: 1,626
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Facts are pointless. They can be used to prove anything.
JonnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:52 PM   #22
dcbikeguy
Senior Member
 
dcbikeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 2,754
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just here for bike porn.
dcbikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:52 PM   #23
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Bikes: several
Posts: 4,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that is all.
'nother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:56 PM   #24
'nother
semifreddo amartuerer
 
'nother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern CA
Bikes: several
Posts: 4,599
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Code:
Random 'correct, incorrect, that is all' post generator encountered 
an error: reader of post is an idiot. [A]bort, [R]etry, [C]ancel?
'nother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 07:58 PM   #25
scotch
purity of essence
 
scotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NH
Bikes: Bianchi Axis, Surly Crosscheck, Torelli Corsa Strada
Posts: 2,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
After lurking for a while and now interacting I have reached a conclusion:

There are no facts on BF, only opinions.


Yes, that's my opinion.
and this took you how long to figure out?
scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.