Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   anyone else ready for some football? (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/341560-anyone-else-ready-some-football.html)

miami#1 09-07-07 10:59 PM

anyone else ready for some football?
 
football season is here (bout damn time) is there anyone here into nfl?

if so whats your team?

Bionic Pammy 09-08-07 01:43 PM

Cheesehead beer drinkin' member of the Packer nation!

skinnyone 09-08-07 02:02 PM

Broncos baby!

michiganboy 09-08-07 02:56 PM

I suffer through life as a Lions fan. Thinking about switching teams since they are hopeless, but it is hard to go away from the home team.

wfin2004 09-08-07 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miami#1 (Post 5230943)
football season is here (bout damn time) is there anyone here into nfl?

if so whats your team?



I am confused as to the meaning of the "#1" behind your "miami". I do not remember Miami being in the Super Bowl last Jan. nor do I remember the Hurricanes being of any threat to any one.

wfin2004 09-08-07 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michiganboy (Post 5233488)
I suffer through life as a Lions fan. Thinking about switching teams since they are hopeless, but it is hard to go away from the home team.


Consider your home area bigger than what it is. In South Dakota, if you live east of the Missouri, you are a Vikings fan. You live west of the Missouri, a Broncos fan. Geographically, you could consider, Chicago, Cleveland, even [heaven forbid] Green Bay as a home team. Just keep the Tigers though, as they have always been my favorite for 50 years.:)

polara426sh 09-08-07 03:09 PM

I've been a Falcons fan my whole life, even though they make some pretty stupid decisions. At least we won't have to worry about Vick anymore.

Jerseysbest 09-08-07 03:12 PM

I dunno, I watch college more than pro's.

In Central NJ, you have three choices, Jets, Giants, or Eagles.

botto 09-08-07 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miami#1 (Post 5230943)
football season is here (bout damn time) is there anyone here into nfl?

if so whats your team?

the football season started last month:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...4054518181.jpg

spingineer 09-08-07 03:33 PM

Can't stand football. No football player cares about the game, all they care about is the money. There is no love of the game.

Bionic Pammy 09-08-07 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spingineer (Post 5233648)
Can't stand football. No football player cares about the game, all they care about is the money. There is no love of the game.

I can't say I agree with you. Brett Favre, for one, seems to love the game. He gets as excited as a little kid when he's playing. I'm sure there are many others just like him.

kpshearer 09-08-07 04:16 PM

Raider Nation Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polara426sh 09-08-07 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionic Pammy (Post 5233736)
Brett Favre

Did I mention yet that the Falcons make some ridiculously horrible decisions?

Bionic Pammy 09-08-07 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polara426sh (Post 5233808)
Did I mention yet that the Falcons make some ridiculously horrible decisions?

Hey Polara - at least the Packers made one good decision! Sometimes he's about the only reason I keep watching our "beloved" team.

I'm also a closet Raider and Steeler fan.

michiganboy 09-08-07 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wfin2004 (Post 5233516)
Consider your home area bigger than what it is. In South Dakota, if you live east of the Missouri, you are a Vikings fan. You live west of the Missouri, a Broncos fan. Geographically, you could consider, Chicago, Cleveland, even [heaven forbid] Green Bay as a home team. Just keep the Tigers though, as they have always been my favorite for 50 years.:)

I have considered Green Bay. It is only 100 miles away from where I live but it's a 9 hour drive or a long swim. Have also considered da Bears. I'm locked in on Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons since they have owners that care.

michiganboy 09-08-07 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polara426sh (Post 5233533)
I've been a Falcons fan my whole life, even though they make some pretty stupid decisions. At least we won't have to worry about Vick anymore.

Yeah, but now you are stuck with piano playing Joey Harrington.

polara426sh 09-08-07 07:44 PM

At least he doesn't torture dogs.

3MTA3 09-08-07 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botto (Post 5233562)
the football season started last month:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...4054518181.jpg

BOOOO!

http://blog.euskaletxeak.org/txoko/fcb.gif

Bionic Pammy 09-08-07 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polara426sh (Post 5234553)
At least he doesn't torture dogs.

+1,000,000

dauphin 09-08-07 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polara426sh (Post 5233533)
I've been a Falcons fan my whole life, even though they make some pretty stupid decisions. At least we won't have to worry about Vick anymore.

Perhaps they can sign Ron Mexico...I hear he is just as good.

polara426sh 09-08-07 08:10 PM

Yeah, but I hear he has herpes.

miami#1 09-08-07 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spingineer (Post 5233648)
Can't stand football. No football player cares about the game, all they care about is the money. There is no love of the game.


no thats baseball

miami#1 09-08-07 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wfin2004 (Post 5233498)
I am confused as to the meaning of the "#1" behind your "miami". I do not remember Miami being in the Super Bowl last Jan. nor do I remember the Hurricanes being of any threat to any one.

dolphns always have and always will be #1

daredevil 09-08-07 10:03 PM

My user name says it all. Looking forward to the opener with the Falcons tomorrow and I ain't no fair weather fan, baby. Haven't missed a game in memory.

BLIMP 09-08-07 10:12 PM

you know, the day I upgraded to an HD box is the day my HD tv crapped out. Hopefully the warranty will work itself out by the time there's games of relevance on, even though I really don't enjoy organized sports particularly. The company is nice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 AM.