Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Challanged my highschool today.

    My school is doing a "Jog-a-thon" fund raiser tomorrow and I told the low rider pants set that I was thinking of doing it on my bike, recumbent Agio.

    The chief mouth told me he could take me on his bmx bike and so I told him that over an hour timed event on a 1/4 mile track I that is part grass and part sidewalk I intended to go about 50 laps. He said he would smoke me (sounds painful) on his bmx.

    This is a small school so I thought about it and told him I would take him up on it but the loser had to give $50.00 to the school. He bailed on the deal and said no.

    I am still taking the bike tomorrow and will see if he wants to try, this is a kid that only walks about six laps in the hour each year. I was hoping to get him involved but it seems to no avail so far.

    We will see.

    Steven

  2. #2
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your high school? How old are you?

    I thought you were and adult with a family and all.....that's the impression I got from this thread.
    Need Mary Jane advice!

    Is your kid logging on to your account?
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  3. #3
    Gears? CliftonGK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2009 Spesh Singlecross
    Posts
    11,343
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    Your high school? How old are you?

    I thought you were and adult with a family and all.....that's the impression I got from this thread.
    Need Mary Jane advice!

    Is your kid logging on to your account?
    Maybe he teaches or administrates there?
    "I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
    - Mandi M.

  4. #4
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
    Maybe he teaches or administrates there?
    Read his post again....sounds like a student's point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  5. #5
    SERENITY NOW!!! jyossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the 212
    My Bikes
    Haro Vector, IRO Rob Roy, Bianchi Veloce
    Posts
    8,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A student that rides a recumbent? I'm thinking he's a teacher/administrator. Probably has a beard too.
    HHCMF - Take pride in your ability to amaze lesser mortals! - MikeR



    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!

  6. #6
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jyossarian View Post
    A student that rides a recumbent? I'm thinking he's a teacher/administrator. Probably has a beard too.
    That's a point.

    But "chief mouth" and the "this is a kid" sound like from a student's point of view.

    Come on FA...come back and fill us in.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  7. #7
    Gears? CliftonGK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    My Bikes
    '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2009 Spesh Singlecross
    Posts
    11,343
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From FA's public profile:

    Retired Navy (hence, phrases like "chief mouth")
    Occupation: HS Teacher (If I had to place money on it, I'd say music, based on other stuff in his profile.)
    "I feel like my world was classier before I found cyclocross."
    - Mandi M.

  8. #8
    No Rocket Surgeon eubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona and S. El Monte, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale D600, Dahon Speed T7
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck on your ride-a-thon. I have done these in the past for my wife's school, and smoked all snot nose brat students that showed up.

    Now let's get back to guessing who and what FlyingAnchor really is...

    Maybe one of his kids got his BF password... good call on that KT. Judging from some of the "Jekyll and Hyde" posts under the same name on this forum, I would guess this happens rather often.



    My son has is OWN username!
    Last edited by eubi; 09-21-07 at 06:55 AM.
    Fewer Cars, more handlebars!

  9. #9
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    Read his post again....sounds like a student's point of view.
    yeah it does - recumbent is rather out of place too.

  10. #10
    Gorntastic! v1k1ng1001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    United States of Mexico
    Posts
    3,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a scene that was cut from the Napoleon Dynamite movie.

  11. #11
    Squirrelly Member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CliftonGK1 View Post
    From FA's public profile:

    Retired Navy (hence, phrases like "chief mouth")
    Occupation: HS Teacher (If I had to place money on it, I'd say music, based on other stuff in his profile.)
    I would have hoped a HS teacher could spell better than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yet more proof that I'm.. well, pretty much right about everything.

  12. #12
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spell better than what?

    I am a high school teacher that teaches musik, social dieseas er studies, spaneish, drivers edukation plus others.

    What is up with the Jekyll and Hyde reference, my goodness you make me seem senile or something?

    Forgive the spelling errors, sometimes I am just to tired to figure things out, must be from teaching P.E. and I do make them keep up with me. I actually had four students that could keep up with me doing pushups. We only got to 24 and they dropped like flies.

    Now, what else do you want to know about me? I live a very quiet life nowadays and really I am very shy and introverted.

    Steven

  13. #13
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot:

    I got to the event and the head honchos told me that biking was not allowed because of some problems from other years, so I couldn't give it a go.

    I was challanged to a race around the parking lot by a freshman and he dropped me like a hot rivet on a highrise. No excuse, I just lost.

    I was able to let a couple of people try the bent bike and they said they wanted one. Maybe another convert.

    Steven with 53 year old legs

  14. #14
    No Rocket Surgeon eubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona and S. El Monte, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale D600, Dahon Speed T7
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingAnchor View Post
    What is up with the Jekyll and Hyde reference, my goodness you make me seem senile or something?

    Forgive the spelling errors, sometimes I am just to tired to figure things out, must be from teaching P.E. and I do make them keep up with me.
    Not referring to you with the J&H reference. Sorry, I should have written that sentance better. There are more than a couple of posters on this forum that will submit very thoughtful responses one time, and moronic, insulting drivel another. That's who I was referring to.

    As for the posters that nit-pick spelling...lay off! We all misspell in our posts from time to time, and they aren't meant to be term papers. If I can understand what you're posting, I don't mind.

    Friendly advice: Spelling nitpicks on forums mark you as a NOOB!
    Fewer Cars, more handlebars!

  15. #15
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, F.A. it just didn't "sound" like "you" to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingAnchor View Post
    Spell better than what?

    I am a high school teacher that teaches musik, social dieseas er studies, spaneish, drivers edukation plus others.

    What is up with the Jekyll and Hyde reference, my goodness you make me seem senile or something?

    Forgive the spelling errors, sometimes I am just to tired to figure things out, must be from teaching P.E. and I do make them keep up with me. I actually had four students that could keep up with me doing pushups. We only got to 24 and they dropped like flies.

    Now, what else do you want to know about me? I live a very quiet life nowadays and really I am very shy and introverted.

    Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  16. #16
    Squirrelly Member trsidn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Putting the 'fun' in dysfunctional
    My Bikes
    Cannondale CAAD8, Trek SU200
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, my bad.

    sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yet more proof that I'm.. well, pretty much right about everything.

  17. #17
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eubi View Post
    Not referring to you with the J&H reference. Sorry, I should have written that sentance better. There are more than a couple of posters on this forum that will submit very thoughtful responses one time, and moronic, insulting drivel another. That's who I was referring to.

    As for the posters that nit-pick spelling...lay off! We all misspell in our posts from time to time, and they aren't meant to be term papers. If I can understand what you're posting, I don't mind.

    Friendly advice: Spelling nitpicks on forums mark you as a NOOB!
    Why are you dragging ME in to YOUR fracas??!?!?

  18. #18
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All's well that ends well, but this saga hasn't ended completely. I kind of liked the J&H reference because sometimes I feel like him/them. Sometimes I feel like I posted some moronic drivel and when I look back on it, yep, drivel it was.

    I think it is a good thing I don't teach English but I sure would like to go back to college and get a degree in it. I sure could use some continuing credits and English would be nice.

    As for the bike race I am sorry we were not allowed to do it, but maybe it was a good thing to save "Mr. Jones" some embarassment.

    The kids think I am strange because I am planning my TransAm trip starting next June and that concept is foreign to them.

    See Ya.

    Steven

  19. #19
    No Rocket Surgeon eubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona and S. El Monte, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale D600, Dahon Speed T7
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    Why are you dragging ME in to YOUR fracas??!?!?
    Well, it seems there is no one I can inavertanty insult, if I don't try hard enough.

    Fewer Cars, more handlebars!

  20. #20
    Non Tribuo Anus Rodentum and off to the next adventure (RIP) Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ eubi.

    All in good fun mate, all in good fun.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,564
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew from the first post this was an adult. any time money won, is mentioned to 'donate to the school'
    you know damn well it isn't a kid saying that

  22. #22
    No Rocket Surgeon eubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona and S. El Monte, CA
    My Bikes
    Cannondale D600, Dahon Speed T7
    Posts
    1,648
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
    @ eubi.

    All in good fun mate, all in good fun.
    I know...

    That's why I keep coming back!
    Fewer Cars, more handlebars!

  23. #23
    Senior Member FlyingAnchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Humboldt County Ca
    My Bikes
    All Recumbent, Strada and TT Tour
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I kind of like being mistaken for a kid, I must be young at heart, or maybe just immature (sp)

    And KT, what do I sound like? Just curious.

    Steven

  24. #24
    For The Fun of It
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Louisissippi Coast
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac Expert, Giant XTC, Home built commuter on a Schwinn Supersport GS frame
    Posts
    1,550
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps you could "challange" the school to do a better job of teaching spelling and proof reading.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingAnchor View Post
    My school is doing a "Jog-a-thon" fund raiser tomorrow and I told the low rider pants set that I was thinking of doing it on my bike, recumbent Agio.

    The chief mouth told me he could take me on his bmx bike and so I told him that over an hour timed event on a 1/4 mile track I that is part grass and part sidewalk I intended to go about 50 laps. He said he would smoke me (sounds painful) on his bmx.

    This is a small school so I thought about it and told him I would take him up on it but the loser had to give $50.00 to the school. He bailed on the deal and said no.

    I am still taking the bike tomorrow and will see if he wants to try, this is a kid that only walks about six laps in the hour each year. I was hoping to get him involved but it seems to no avail so far.

    We will see.

    Steven
    Hmmm 50 laps of 1/4 mile = 12.5 miles if i am not mistaken. You probably could kick his azz, most people dont bike ride. On my Fuji Roady i can do that in about 35 minutes. Thats if my tires are not flat like thay are right now, mtn bike gears are all messed up ahhhh i hate huffy LOL.
    Tropical pole vaulting is the shiznit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •