Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 138

Thread: Dating Sucks!!!

  1. #1
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Dating Sucks!!!

    Okay I can say this now, cause I have been on the front lines for like hmmm almost 6 months. I have this uncaddy ability to meet men that live miles away, or are emotionally unable to become attached.

    WHAT THE HECK IS THE DEAL??

    Someone says oh your single enjoy it. HA HA HA. Is that suppose to be funny?? Really, did you just hear what you said? Your ALONE SILLY PANTS. I have great friends, family etc, I have bike my butt off literally this past summer (lost alot of weight) but I'm tired of the whole being single thing.

    Well I bought a 5-mountain pass for snowboarding season this year, maybe I'll have some luck on the slopes.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  2. #2
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,113
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    timmyguest is looking

    Sorry to hear of your travails. I hope a knight one a white Iron Horse rides up to save your day.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  3. #3
    Hazardous Taerom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Quarantine
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Liquid 55, 2009 Haro Mary SS
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Well I bought a 5-mountain pass for snowboarding season this year, maybe I'll have some luck on the slopes.
    Can't help with the whole dating thing, but I'll come out and tear up the slopes with you! I would love to go snowboarding in CO, just don't know if I'll have the time/money.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator making's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    My Bikes
    Road bike
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think that is bad get married. Just kidding.

  5. #5
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taerom View Post
    Can't help with the whole dating thing, but I'll come out and tear up the slopes with you! I would love to go snowboarding in CO, just don't know if I'll have the time/money.
    Well you have a place to stay if your ever serious about coming
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  6. #6
    On my TARDIScycle! KingTermite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Eastside Seattlite Termite Mound
    My Bikes
    Trek 520, Trek Navigator 300, Peugeot Versailles PE10DE
    Posts
    3,928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sick of being single? What makes you think "not being single" will make your life any better? Personally, I think too many people make "not being single" too much of a goal. Just live your life, do what you heart tells you and if love comes along, great, if not, be happy with YOURSELF.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecake View Post
    - it's pretty well established that Hitler was an *******.

  7. #7
    another cat...FAB! stevesurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    1st star to the right...
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike
    Posts
    1,469
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try eHarmony. Yep they discriminate a bit in that ridiculously long questionnaire, but you get people that are more serious about it than the other services.

  8. #8
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    Sick of being single? What makes you think "not being single" will make your life any better? Personally, I think too many people make "not being single" too much of a goal. Just live your life, do what you heart tells you and if love comes along, great, if not, be happy with YOURSELF.

    I am happy been having a wonderful time biking with the girls etc, but now I'm the loner. Now its me the third wheel, it doesn't bother me but at times it can be somewhat lonely.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  9. #9
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home alone
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
    Posts
    6,021
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    Sick of being single? What makes you think "not being single" will make your life any better? Personally, I think too many people make "not being single" too much of a goal. Just live your life, do what you heart tells you and if love comes along, great, if not, be happy with YOURSELF.
    I'm guessing she doesn't WANT to be single since she says dating sucks. Maybe i am wrong? I've done it both ways and it's been a long time since i was single. But i was also single for a LONG time before getting married.

    what i remember is that for me, it does suck to be alone. Despite all of the difficulties that marriage, kids etc. can bring, nothing sucks as bad as being alone. Obviously everyone is different, but that's me.

    My advice is just to be patient snowy. It really hasn't been ALL that long. The right person will come along.

  10. #10
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am single and I am looking forward to enjoying it.. I have spent my first month and a half of bachelorhood drinking beer, sleeping in, and keeping my room in total disarray - none of which I could have had the freedom to do for any length of time when I had a gf. Now I am looking forward to the 'occational hook-ups' phase, and so I have cleaned up my room (today), stopped smoking and drinking (since yesterday), and got myself an additional job as a courier (since this past week) - so that I can get into good shape and meet lots of beautiful women all over town.. This is the life man, the life indeed. Freedom, what a terrifyingly exquisite thing.

  11. #11
    blithering idiot jhota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    beautiful coastal South Carolina
    My Bikes
    1991 Trek 930, 2005 Bianchi Eros, 2006 Nashbar "X," IRO Rob Roy
    Posts
    1,263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was single for about, oh, ten years or so...

    and then i ran into a girl i had dated almost seventeen years ago. she was single, i was single, we tried dating again. and it was fantastic - for about eight months. and then she dumped me - because i live a thousand miles away. i was planning on moving, i just didn't have the financial werewithal to do it yet.

    so now i'm single again. and everyone's telling me the same thing! "just enjoy it."

    well, that's sucky advice. i hate being single.

    so, i guess my point is: i feel your pain. and i hope you meet someone on the slopes!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Riverview, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 4900
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Okay I can say this now, cause I have been on the front lines for like hmmm almost 6 months. I have this uncaddy ability to meet men that live miles away, or are emotionally unable to become attached.

    WHAT THE HECK IS THE DEAL??

    Someone says oh your single enjoy it. HA HA HA. Is that suppose to be funny?? Really, did you just hear what you said? Your ALONE SILLY PANTS. I have great friends, family etc, I have bike my butt off literally this past summer (lost alot of weight) but I'm tired of the whole being single thing.

    Well I bought a 5-mountain pass for snowboarding season this year, maybe I'll have some luck on the slopes.

    One and a half words for you: E-Harmony.

  13. #13
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhota View Post
    i was single for about, oh, ten years or so...

    and then i ran into a girl i had dated almost seventeen years ago. she was single, i was single, we tried dating again. and it was fantastic - for about eight months. and then she dumped me - because i live a thousand miles away. i was planning on moving, i just didn't have the financial werewithal to do it yet.

    so now i'm single again. and everyone's telling me the same thing! "just enjoy it."

    well, that's sucky advice. i hate being single.

    so, i guess my point is: i feel your pain. and i hope you meet someone on the slopes!
    Thanks For understanding me

    My mother and I have counted the number of dates I've been on and its quite exhausting all the time I've put into dating. You just get discourage after awhile.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  14. #14
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wfin2004 View Post
    One and a half words for you: E-Harmony.
    I've tried two different on-line sites. I'm alittle discourage with it all.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  15. #15
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really happy for you, Red. Single is something you've needed for a while.

    I feel your anguish, Snowy. I've been considering sticking my toes back in the waters. Still ***-shy from my dating experiences last fall and winter, though. Pretty miserable. You've put a lot more effort into it than I have.
    "Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."

  16. #16
    phony collective progress x136's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    San Hoosey
    My Bikes
    http://velospace.org/user/36663
    Posts
    2,958
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. If it sucks so much, I guess I'm not missing anything.

    At this point in my life, I'm pretty content being single, and, like KT said, if something comes along, something comes along. Other than that, I'm not worrying much about it.

    But that doesn't seem to be the case with you, snowy, so I wish you the best of luck. Obviously I don't have any specific advice to give, though.

  17. #17
    2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM slvoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp
    Posts
    15,762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm young.. and stuck.. and the grass is always greener on the other side. So I would say enjoy being single.

  18. #18
    -
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask you out, Snowy, but unfortunately you're a single, kind, good-looking woman who has her **** together. Not my type.

    Good luck though.
    They told me to wear more lycra, and I said "no, no, no."

  19. #19
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krink View Post
    I'd ask you out, Snowy, but unfortunately you're a single, kind, good-looking woman who has her **** together. Not my type.

    Good luck though.
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  20. #20
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donnamb View Post
    I'm really happy for you, Red. Single is something you've needed for a while.

    I feel your anguish, Snowy. I've been considering sticking my toes back in the waters. Still ***-shy from my dating experiences last fall and winter, though. Pretty miserable. You've put a lot more effort into it than I have.
    Yeah, I just don't want to not put effort into it and then its been so long since I dated that I'm rusty you know?
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  21. #21
    Senior Member ilmooz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    My Bikes
    Kestrel Talon / Kona PhD
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't mind a 1,000 mile commute I'd enjoy taking you out for some of the most mind blowing Chicago pizza you'll ever find.

    (Yeah, it's 1,000 miles, but I think it's the best offer in this thread thus far.)

  22. #22
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilmooz View Post
    If you don't mind a 1,000 mile commute I'd enjoy taking you out for some of the most mind blowing Chicago pizza you'll ever find.

    (Yeah, it's 1,000 miles, but I think it's the best offer in this thread thus far.)
    Hmmm, sounds appetizing I like pizza too!!
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

  23. #23
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh. You won't be rusty with the important stuff.
    "Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Riverview, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek 4900
    Posts
    1,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    I've tried two different on-line sites. I'm alittle discourage with it all.


    But were they E- Harmony? I guarantee there is not another site like it. I met my Wife through them. She is the most perfect woman in the world for me. Met her on a Sat. Moved in with her Friday and married within two months. We both feel E-Harmony is the best thing to happen to either one of us.

  25. #25
    Beauty Everywhere snowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wfin2004 View Post
    But were they E- Harmony? I guarantee there is not another site like it. I met my Wife through them. She is the most perfect woman in the world for me. Met her on a Sat. Moved in with her Friday and married within two months. We both feel E-Harmony is the best thing to happen to either one of us.

    No I haven't tried E-Harmony.

    But totally CONGRATS on your marriage!!! WOW!!
    "RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

    Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •