Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-07, 12:38 PM   #1
PATH
Opus
Thread Starter
 
PATH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North of City
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Bianchi Axis, Specialized Crosstrail, Specialized Roubaix, Miyata Sportsrunner, Trek T1 Track Bike, Specialized CrossTrail Expert, Specialized Tricross Comp Triple
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you addicted to all things cycling!

I find myself saving to buy more bikes. I keep reading cycling mags and spend spare time looking at bike porn. New gadgets and accessories cloud my mind all day. Cycling web sites are where I spend a lot of my spare time. I have joined three bike clubs and am looking to join more. I am getting so consumed with all this stuff!

What has happened to me?
__________________
Go raibh an chóir ghaoithe i gcónaí liom!

2007 Specialized Tricross Comp Triple, 2007 Trek T1, 2006 Specialized Roubaix
2006 Bianchi Cross Concept, 1989 Miyata Sportrunner, 2006 Bianchi Axis, 2008 Specialized Crosstrail Expert







Lullaby Of Foo

Now I lay me down to sleep
Keep my bike safe from the bicycle thief
Keep my tootsies toasty warm
keep my carbon from any harm

Good Night Road Bike
Good Night Moutain Bike
Good night all you Foosters
And good night Moon
PATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 12:39 PM   #2
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour
 
ModoVincere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
you fell under the Foo spell...that is all.
__________________
1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold
ModoVincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 12:41 PM   #3
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Im totally addicted, not only to "things" but race report, training tips, ect ect, that's all I read and talk about all day.
blonduathlongrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 01:26 PM   #4
Nicodemus
Feral Member
 
Nicodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Roma, Italia
Bikes: yes, I have one.
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm not addicted to all things cycling. I'm addicted to cycling.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisPistofferson View Post
Did you just say "minarchist?" I'm going to start a 10-page vaginathon because only Libertarians can define Libertarianism. Also, you're mean.
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 01:34 PM   #5
-VELOCITY-
Senior Member
 
-VELOCITY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Miami, Florida
Bikes: Giant Revel 2 & Loco Fixie "The Marley"
Posts: 1,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not gonna say I'm addicted, but cycling and cycling related things consume most of my free time.
-VELOCITY- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 01:38 PM   #6
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hehe, bikes and bike stuff and investigating on line for new improved bike stuff, nearly give myself whiplash as I swing around to see that gorgeous looking bike go by ... and magazines and a little collection of miniature, working bicycles, etc.

Plus in two bike clubs, member of League of American Bicyclists, other advocacy groups, work behind the scenes on our new and growing Twilight Crit here ... am liaison for stocking bicyclists as road marshals for the Rochester Marathon, etc etc etc.

Yeah, I'd say I gots the bug!
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 02:07 PM   #7
barndoor
5' 19"
 
barndoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland
Bikes:
Posts: 828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tude View Post
hehe, bikes and bike stuff and investigating on line for new improved bike stuff, nearly give myself whiplash as I swing around to see that gorgeous looking bike go by ... and magazines and a little collection of miniature, working bicycles, etc.

Plus in two bike clubs, member of League of American Bicyclists, other advocacy groups, work behind the scenes on our new and growing Twilight Crit here ... am liaison for stocking bicyclists as road marshals for the Rochester Marathon, etc etc etc.

Yeah, I'd say I gots the bug!
Ditto everything turkey gurl says.....except anything after "new improved bike stuff"...

I'm always looking for rides in the summer....I'm a member of my local club, but I rarely do any of their rides due to time constraints.....so, between the time changes, I commute 3 or 4 days a week, 27.3 miles one way....and do any centuries I can get my hands on.
__________________
I own my dream bike, a 2006 R-14 66cm Waterford road bike
barndoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 02:10 PM   #8
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour
 
ModoVincere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 1,675
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I'm addicted to cycling and the women of BF's!
I really hate it when I don't get a ride in, and I hate it when I don't get to check in on here as well.
__________________
1 bronze, 0 silver, 1 gold
ModoVincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 02:20 PM   #9
CdCf
Videre non videri
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Bikes: 1 road bike (simple, light), 1 TT bike (could be more aero, could be lighter), 1 all-weather commuter and winter bike, 1 Monark 828E ergometer indoor bike
Posts: 3,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think I'm quite that ill yet.

Three bikes so far. But I can't justify another one.

I want a true time trial beast though. And an unsuspended XC...

CdCf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 06:26 PM   #10
fuzzbox
Your imaginary friend.
 
fuzzbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wandering aimlessly.
Bikes: A sweet Quamen ATL custom, GT Mach 2
Posts: 2,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just like bike socks.
__________________

Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.
fuzzbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 06:43 PM   #11
Hickeydog
Crushing souls
 
Hickeydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
Bikes: Trek 1500
Posts: 1,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My name is Hickeydog and I am a bikeaholic. I guess it all started when my parents bought me my Giant Cypress. I rode that thing into the ground and then I rode it even more. I finally realized that a hybrid was not going to satisfy my hunger for long distance cycling and racing. So I worked long and hard over the summer to buy my first road bike, a Trek 1500. All my thoughts are about riding that bike. AND I COULDN"T BE HAPPIER!!! . I"M NOT GOING TO CHANGE. I AM GOING TO THAT BIKE EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!!! YOU CANT STOP ME!!! I WILL FIND A WAY TO KEEP GOING!!!!

my god I need help.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post

What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.
Hickeydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 07:22 PM   #12
DDYTDY
Senior Member
 
DDYTDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Methuen, Massachusetts
Bikes:
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How many bikes can I have before I should seek help?

Edit: I could give up any one of my bikes....

Any time I want to.......


I just don't want to right now.....

Yup......no problem......
DDYTDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 07:24 PM   #13
Portis
Banned.
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Home alone
Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000
Posts: 6,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm just addicted to bikes. Oh yeah, and riding them. And also talking about them. And working on them. And looking at them. Nah, probably not.
Portis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 10:22 PM   #14
PATH
Opus
Thread Starter
 
PATH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North of City
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Bianchi Axis, Specialized Crosstrail, Specialized Roubaix, Miyata Sportsrunner, Trek T1 Track Bike, Specialized CrossTrail Expert, Specialized Tricross Comp Triple
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up a Specialized Crosstrail Expert last week and if I lose weight I would also like to treat myself to a to an S-Works Tarmac SL2. I much prefer buying many bikes to having an expensive car.

Truly, I have become a sick puppy in the eyes of family and friends. Only people who ride can understand the addiction! Did I mention that after I got my Cross Concept I bought an Axis. Maybe a Kona Jake the Snake or a Major Jake next year! I just can't stop!
__________________
Go raibh an chóir ghaoithe i gcónaí liom!

2007 Specialized Tricross Comp Triple, 2007 Trek T1, 2006 Specialized Roubaix
2006 Bianchi Cross Concept, 1989 Miyata Sportrunner, 2006 Bianchi Axis, 2008 Specialized Crosstrail Expert







Lullaby Of Foo

Now I lay me down to sleep
Keep my bike safe from the bicycle thief
Keep my tootsies toasty warm
keep my carbon from any harm

Good Night Road Bike
Good Night Moutain Bike
Good night all you Foosters
And good night Moon
PATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 10:28 PM   #15
Michigander
Senior Member
 
Michigander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Bikes: Giant ATX 1200, Schwinn Peleton
Posts: 1,724
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
At one point I was. These days, I just don't give a crap. I don't think I'm addicted to anything like that right now. Maybe down I'll get like that with cars.
__________________
Bring back the Sig Test!


(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 10:34 PM   #16
Tude 
Blasted Weeds
 
Tude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Bikes: Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
Posts: 1,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickeydog View Post
My name is Hickeydog and I am a bikeaholic. I guess it all started when my parents bought me my Giant Cypress. I rode that thing into the ground and then I rode it even more. I finally realized that a hybrid was not going to satisfy my hunger for long distance cycling and racing. So I worked long and hard over the summer to buy my first road bike, a Trek 1500. All my thoughts are about riding that bike. AND I COULDN"T BE HAPPIER!!! . I"M NOT GOING TO CHANGE. I AM GOING TO THAT BIKE EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!!! YOU CANT STOP ME!!! I WILL FIND A WAY TO KEEP GOING!!!!

my god I need help.
Ohhh Hickeydog, I wish you luck. Even with my family's total disapproval of my bicycling (I'm pretty sure I heard the infamous saying from "A Christmas Story", that YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!!!), I have still overcome this adversity ... I shall not let them take this from me and I WILL still receive hidden presents for bicycles ... HA .... Mom will ask what I want and I shall reply with a tool description that simulates a tool used on a plumbing fixture, yet it is a yummy bicycle tool ... Yessssssssss I shall overcome!!!!!!!
Tude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 10:49 PM   #17
cyclezealot
Senior Member
 
cyclezealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
Posts: 13,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
It does save me time to not be getting as many bike catalogues' encouraging me to buy stuff. It sure does encourage me to want more stuff. What does add to my addiction is to see all the scores of bikes at bike events. Bikes can be another form of eye candy too. I'd like to own, - a Litespeed, Colnago , A Waterford, a new carbon Bianci.
cyclezealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 12:33 AM   #18
spinninwheels
aspiring island dweller
 
spinninwheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vancouver island
Bikes: Cannondale T-2000/Rohloff Custom, Cannondale R-700, Custom Fixie/Single Speed, Santa Cruz
Posts: 267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone emailed this to me before one of my longer tours.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE ADDICTED TO CYCLING IF....

You hear someone had a crash and your first question is "How's the bike?"
You buy your crutches instead of renting.
You see nothing wrong with discussing the connection between hydration and urine color.
You find your Shimano touring shoes to be more comfortable and stylish than your new trainers
You refuse to buy a settee because that patch of wall space is taken up by the bike.
You have more money invested in your bike clothes than in the rest of your combined wardrobe.
Biker chick means black lycra, not leather, and a Marinoni, not a Harley.
"Four cheeseburgers and four large French Fries" is for you.
You see a fit, tanned, Lycra-clad young thing ride by, and the first thing you check out is his or her bicycle.
You empathize with the roadkill.
Despite all that winter weight you put on, you'll take off weight by buying titanium components
You use wax on your chain, but not on your legs (girls).
You use wax on your chain, AND on your legs (boys)
Your current bike is older than your grown up children.
Your first course when you eat out is a large banana split.
You yell "Car!" when passing another car, and "Bump!" when you see a pothole - while driving your car.
Your bike has more miles on its computer then your car's odometer.
You wear your bike shorts swimming.
You wear Voodoo T-shirts all the time, including under dress shirts.
Your bikes are worth more than your car.
You buy a mini-van and immediately remove the rear seats to allow your bike(s) to fit.
When you move to a new area the first thing you look for is a bike shop.
You have more bike jerseys than low-cut tops.
You take your bike along when you shop for a car - just to make sure the bike will fit inside.
You view crashes as an opportunity to upgrade components.
You clean your bike(s) more often then your house.
You're on the Board of Directors for a Bike Club.
You spend weeks during the summer spraying arrows on the sides of roads.
You and your significant other have and wear identical riding clothes.
You put your bike in your car and the value of the total package increases by a factor of 4 (or better).
You can't seem to get to work by 8:30 AM, even for important meetings, but you don't have any problems at all meeting your mates at 5:30 AM for a hundred-miler.
You can tell your other half, with a straight face that it's to hot to mow the lawn and then bike off for a century.
You regard inter-gender discussion of your genital pain/size/shape/utility as normal.
Your New Years resolution is to put more miles on your bike than your car, and you do it.
You know your cadence, but you have no idea what your speed is.
When driving your car you lean over the steering wheel, just like an aerobar.
Your kids bring a rear derailleur to "Show & Tell".
Your car sits outside your garage because your garage is full of bikes and cycling gear.
Your surgeon tells you you need a heart valve replacement and you ask if you have a choice between Presta and Schrader.
A measurement of 44-36-40 doesn't refer to the latest Playboy centrefold, but that new gear ratio you were considering for your Cobra.
You wear your heart monitor to bed to make sure you stay within your target zone during any extracurricular activities.
You experience an unreasonable envy over someone who has bar end extenders longer than yours.
You're too tired for hanky-panky on a Friday night but pump out a five-hour century on Saturday.
There is no time like the present, for postponing what you ought to be doing, and go bicycling instead...

AND the number-one reason you know you're addicted to cycling...

You no longer require a hankie to blow your nose.
__________________
Life is either a wild adventure or nothing - Helen Keller
spinninwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 02:23 PM   #19
Gee3
Senior Moment Member
 
Gee3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Daly City, CA
Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATH View Post
I find myself saving to buy more bikes. I keep reading cycling mags and spend spare time looking at bike porn. New gadgets and accessories cloud my mind all day. Cycling web sites are where I spend a lot of my spare time. I have joined three bike clubs and am looking to join more. I am getting so consumed with all this stuff!

What has happened to me?
I wasn't with you until you said porn! haha!

I would be addicted but I'm too broke. So I stick to pron!
Gee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 04:38 PM   #20
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just spent 3 hours reading at a local book store and bought the Cyclist's training bible by Joe Friel
blonduathlongrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 04:55 PM   #21
cycle17
Warrior Cyclist
 
cycle17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Bikes: 07 Madone SL, 06 Madone 5.5 & 04 5500
Posts: 1,548
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninwheels View Post
Someone emailed this to me before one of my longer tours.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE ADDICTED TO CYCLING IF....

You hear someone had a crash and your first question is "How's the bike?"
You buy your crutches instead of renting.
You see nothing wrong with discussing the connection between hydration and urine color.
You find your Shimano touring shoes to be more comfortable and stylish than your new trainers
You refuse to buy a settee because that patch of wall space is taken up by the bike.
You have more money invested in your bike clothes than in the rest of your combined wardrobe.
Biker chick means black lycra, not leather, and a Marinoni, not a Harley.
"Four cheeseburgers and four large French Fries" is for you.
You see a fit, tanned, Lycra-clad young thing ride by, and the first thing you check out is his or her bicycle.
You empathize with the roadkill.
Despite all that winter weight you put on, you'll take off weight by buying titanium components
You use wax on your chain, but not on your legs (girls).
You use wax on your chain, AND on your legs (boys)
Your current bike is older than your grown up children.
Your first course when you eat out is a large banana split.
You yell "Car!" when passing another car, and "Bump!" when you see a pothole - while driving your car.
Your bike has more miles on its computer then your car's odometer.
You wear your bike shorts swimming.
You wear Voodoo T-shirts all the time, including under dress shirts.
Your bikes are worth more than your car.
You buy a mini-van and immediately remove the rear seats to allow your bike(s) to fit.
When you move to a new area the first thing you look for is a bike shop.
You have more bike jerseys than low-cut tops.
You take your bike along when you shop for a car - just to make sure the bike will fit inside.
You view crashes as an opportunity to upgrade components.
You clean your bike(s) more often then your house.
You're on the Board of Directors for a Bike Club.
You spend weeks during the summer spraying arrows on the sides of roads.
You and your significant other have and wear identical riding clothes.
You put your bike in your car and the value of the total package increases by a factor of 4 (or better).
You can't seem to get to work by 8:30 AM, even for important meetings, but you don't have any problems at all meeting your mates at 5:30 AM for a hundred-miler.
You can tell your other half, with a straight face that it's to hot to mow the lawn and then bike off for a century.
You regard inter-gender discussion of your genital pain/size/shape/utility as normal.
Your New Years resolution is to put more miles on your bike than your car, and you do it.
You know your cadence, but you have no idea what your speed is.
When driving your car you lean over the steering wheel, just like an aerobar.
Your kids bring a rear derailleur to "Show & Tell".
Your car sits outside your garage because your garage is full of bikes and cycling gear.
Your surgeon tells you you need a heart valve replacement and you ask if you have a choice between Presta and Schrader.
A measurement of 44-36-40 doesn't refer to the latest Playboy centrefold, but that new gear ratio you were considering for your Cobra.
You wear your heart monitor to bed to make sure you stay within your target zone during any extracurricular activities.
You experience an unreasonable envy over someone who has bar end extenders longer than yours.
You're too tired for hanky-panky on a Friday night but pump out a five-hour century on Saturday.
There is no time like the present, for postponing what you ought to be doing, and go bicycling instead...

AND the number-one reason you know you're addicted to cycling...

You no longer require a hankie to blow your nose.
That pretty much says it all...as I meet a good many of the things listed. Just look at the bikes in my signature....I don't have a problem...that's what most addicts say...
__________________
Just Do It..
cycle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 07:28 PM   #22
PATH
Opus
Thread Starter
 
PATH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North of City
Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Bianchi Axis, Specialized Crosstrail, Specialized Roubaix, Miyata Sportsrunner, Trek T1 Track Bike, Specialized CrossTrail Expert, Specialized Tricross Comp Triple
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blonduathlongrl View Post
Just spent 3 hours reading at a local book store and bought the Cyclist's training bible by Joe Friel
I have that book!
__________________
Go raibh an chóir ghaoithe i gcónaí liom!

2007 Specialized Tricross Comp Triple, 2007 Trek T1, 2006 Specialized Roubaix
2006 Bianchi Cross Concept, 1989 Miyata Sportrunner, 2006 Bianchi Axis, 2008 Specialized Crosstrail Expert







Lullaby Of Foo

Now I lay me down to sleep
Keep my bike safe from the bicycle thief
Keep my tootsies toasty warm
keep my carbon from any harm

Good Night Road Bike
Good Night Moutain Bike
Good night all you Foosters
And good night Moon
PATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 07:47 PM   #23
snowy
Beauty Everywhere
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
Posts: 2,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of my co-workers said just today that all I talk about is riding my bike She was like you need something else to talk about, I was like WHY?? I love it!!
__________________
"RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 08:10 PM   #24
blonduathlongrl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 4,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PATH View Post
I have that book!
what did you think of it? did you follow some advice?
It's very detailled and answers a lot of questions I have, I like it so far!
blonduathlongrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 08:16 PM   #25
HigherGround
Descends Like Avalanche
 
HigherGround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Somewhere between Funkytown and Margaritaville, PA
Bikes: Lynskey R330, Litespeed Classic, Eddy Merckx MX Leader, Specialized Rock Hopper Comp (1988!)
Posts: 5,767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Am I addicted to all things cycling?

Is the Pope Catholic?

By the way, I have the first edition of the Cyclist's Training Bible... and the third edition. Now if I could just get someone to actually do that pesky training for me... By the way, Bicycle Road Racing by Eddie Borysewicz is a bit dated in reference to technology, but it is still an excellent resource in my opinion.
__________________
The rider in my avatar is David Etxebarria, not me.
HigherGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.