Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   Free Music (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/383171-free-music.html)

hos13 01-28-08 01:00 PM

Free Music
 
Stay up late tonight and start downloading http://qtrax.com/

Probably get Slashdotted in the first 60sec's.

KingTermite 01-28-08 01:11 PM

I don't get it. It states that it uses advertisement revenue to compensate artists for their music, yet there is no ads on the site (and it seems unlikely that would generate enough revenue).

Hobartlemagne 01-28-08 01:26 PM

It looks like you must use their player, and that is where the ad content is.

KingTermite 01-28-08 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobartlemagne (Post 6065363)
It looks like you must use their player, and that is where the ad content is.

Aaaaah. Ok. That makes sense. Sounds a little like the original "Spinner" music that was eventually bought and ruined by AOL.

hos13 01-28-08 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobartlemagne (Post 6065363)
It looks like you must use their player, and that is where the ad content is.

I think you are correct, hopefully it won't long until someone creates a way to rip it to MP3 or WAV so you can us it on your own player. However for sitting at the computer at work it is pretty cool. Should know by tomorrow. :)

Hobartlemagne 01-28-08 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hos13 (Post 6065656)
I think you are correct, hopefully it won't long until someone creates a way to rip it to MP3 or WAV so you can us it on your own player. However for sitting at the computer at work it is pretty cool. Should know by tomorrow. :)

Easy- just record the incoming audio with a wav recorder then convert it.

hos13 01-28-08 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobartlemagne (Post 6065935)
Easy- just record the incoming audio with a wav recorder then convert it.

cool, I figured there was a way, now I know.

Thanks

mlts22 01-28-08 06:21 PM

Think they are slashdotted or otherwise down for the count... only a generic RedHat Apache start page comes up.

Meh, I miss old fashioned radio... before all the radio stations got bought up by 1-2 big companies and locked their playlists in a 1967-1997 time-warp with no new stuff existing in their warp bubble. It was great to hear stuff that was new from bands unheard of.

While it lasted, URGE had a great showcase for new metal albums that were released that week. However, since it was handed over to Rhapsody, that stuff went buh-bye. :/

Oh well... guess its back to Gnoosic to find related bands, and staying in contact with DJs to find new and cool bands. ("Classic" bands are OK, but I try to find bands that have albums out in the past 1-2 years too.)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 AM.