Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I had a long night tonight

    well it started off with me riding my bike to a job interview because I was denied disabilty a few months ago and I am well over 100k in debt and hungry. today was my first time on either of my bikes since a seizure last thursday a few of you know i lost my privilege to drive when i started having seizures . anyway The weather was amazing today.

    I decided to take my fixed gear since my road bike has a flat rear.

    No here is where details get a little fuzzy. Apparently while riding I had a seizure and plowed into a police car. I am not sure, because I regained consciousness in the back of an ambulance en route to the hospital.
    The first question is of course "where is my bicycle" while they are running the initial test on me and asking questions and removing my gloves.

    so i get into the hospital and hurry up and wait for four hours. while they run another battery of test. then things got even more interesting after the nurse brought be the paper work saying i could leave three armed police officers enter the room to tell me I had an arrest warrant in a different county, and that I would be going to jail with them. I told them that they would have to allow someone to bring me my medicine or be responsible for what happened if missed a dose, then went on to explain about the last time I spent two days tied to a hospital bed because i took out 4 nurses because i had a bad reaction to the meds I was on and how I really had now where better to be and since my medicine cost me over $200 a week getting the state to pay for it for a bit actually wouldnt hurt. Suddenly they no longer wanted to take me in and sent me on my way. Funny how that worked out.

    , they still don't know what causes my seizures, and it is amusing the fact i still probably dont qualify for disability


    My bars on my bike are going to need to be retaped and my front wheel is going to need to be re-trued
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  2. #2
    Senior Member jaxgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse , Trek CrossRip
    Posts
    4,239
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn....glad ...your... ok? You might want to try and find a specialist that would see you pro bono, or call the UA and see if they are running any studies on seizures
    Brian | 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 3 | 2014 Trek CrossRip Comp
    Quote Originally Posted by AEO View Post
    you should learn to embrace change, and mock it's failings every step of the way.

  3. #3
    Don't ban me, bro! Deamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    in my Lego castle
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, c0urt!
    That sounds like a really crap day for you as well.
    It's good to hear you're more or less ok though.
    One of my friends sort of put in perspective when she asked me if I'd rather be FIXING my wheel or be confined to a wheelCHAIR and I had to admit, she was dead on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Banned. red house's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    In the stomach of a whale. :beer:
    My Bikes
    Lemond Fillmore, Cmofalge black baby
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.. I'm just glad you made it out of there alright.. It could have been much worse, much much worse in so many ways. Maybe I'll start taking my meds after reading that? ..No, who am I kidding -? . . Hey, I'm glad it all ended well c0urt. Things will look up one day. Absolutely.

  5. #5
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dam.

    I'll pm you

  6. #6
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah it could have been a lot worse in the grand scheme of things. I can actually find the humor in the whole situation.
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  7. #7
    Senior Mumbler steve2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    England
    My Bikes
    Giant Boldershock (2000), Ridgeback Voyage (2010)
    Posts
    419
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah man, I read your posts with amazement, you really get in some scrapes don't you? Not that it's bad enough having a seizure on your bike, but crashing into a police car, it doesn't rain but it pours huh? I guess the good news is they were able to get an ambulance quickly.

    I hope things improve for you and they can find a cause for your seizures.

    In the meantime, your positive attitude in all this is inspirational.

    Good luck to you fella.

  8. #8
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    13,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummmm... what's the arrest warrant in another country allegedly for?
    Dream. Dare. Do.

  9. #9
    another cat...FAB! stevesurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    1st star to the right...
    My Bikes
    Merlin Ti Build, Trek Y-50, Bianchi Titanium Build, Custom Cuevas Road bike
    Posts
    1,383
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there, court; please feel better soon. Good thing you kept your wits about you...like someone else said, being positive is an inspiration...

  10. #10
    Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset. Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,148
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Might I suggest a disability lawyer to you? It seems you qualify, frankly and sometimes that's what you have to do.
    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  11. #11
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a disability lawyer already. in jan i got a letter stating, that in october they completed my request for disability and they are waiting for a court case. everything is moving at the speed of government.
    unfortunately there is a 12-14 month wait right now for court cases from what i understand.
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  12. #12
    Blasted Weeds Tude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Trek 1200C, Specialized Rockhopper, Giant Yukon FX, Giant Acapulco
    Posts
    1,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Yay for the lawyer, but boo for the snail pace

  13. #13
    slow as I ever was Ex Pres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    an imposter living in the 35223
    Posts
    5,879
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you didn't make the interview?

    Unfortunately I'm with you on the debt; and had an interview this morning for a real (career) job. I think the main thing I proved was that I hadn't had a real interview in years. Definitely out of practice.

    Take care of yourself. And I know one of the doc's they may send you to here in B'ham, so let me know if they schedule an appointment.
    72 special CNC ______ 72 Frejus (ala Legnano) _73 Holdsworth Record
    80 Ranson__________ 80 unknown French____ 83 Trek 600 (620 styled)
    85 Gianni Motta_____ 90 Miele Gara ________ 02 Casati Dardo #1
    02 Casati Dardo #2 __ 03 Casati Dardo ______ 08 BF IRO (fixed/SS)
    09 Dogma FPX magn_ 10 Vassago Fisticuff (IGH)

    For Sale: _________ 78 Raleigh Professional __ 82 Peugeot PXN10
    85 Trek 560_______ 88 Guerciotti GLX

  14. #14
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nah didnt make the interview. the seizures pretty much screwed me over in several ways, i have essentially lost every real job qualification I had.

    the arrest warrant was from back in my motorcycle days, I called on it, it's mine. it is several years old. whats funny is the several times I have pulled my record for various reasons it hasnt come up
    and this is my 8th time in the hospital in the past 6 months and the first time they have tried to arrest me
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  15. #15
    Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset. Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,148
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    You'll be happy to know that when you get it, you'll get a big lump sum.....
    Quote Originally Posted by c0urt View Post
    i have a disability lawyer already. in jan i got a letter stating, that in october they completed my request for disability and they are waiting for a court case. everything is moving at the speed of government.
    unfortunately there is a 12-14 month wait right now for court cases from what i understand.
    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  16. #16
    moving target c0urt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    birmingham, al
    My Bikes
    a masi speciale, and a kuota k-factor.
    Posts
    2,827
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if
    how to tape your bars http://www.flickr.com/photos/89572419@N00/sets/72157629279270681/

  17. #17
    You Know!? For Kids! jsharr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Just NW of Richardson Bike Mart
    My Bikes
    '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa
    Posts
    6,122
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hope things get better for you court. sending positive energy your way.

    Now, on an irreverant funny note, you were'nt skitching the cop car were you?

    If so, maybe they wanted to arrest you for illegal skitch and seizure.

    I know, it was a bad joke, but all mine are.
    Are you a registered member? Why not? Click here to register. It's free and only takes 27 seconds! Help out the forums, abide by our community guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Phobias are for irrational fears. Fear of junk ripping badgers is perfectly rational. Those things are nasty.

  18. #18
    Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset. Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Posts
    16,148
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Think positive.....WHEN!

    Quote Originally Posted by c0urt View Post
    if
    . “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

  19. #19
    Crushing souls Hickeydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500
    Posts
    1,591
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0urt View Post
    well it started off with me riding my bike to a job interview because I was denied disabilty a few months ago and I am well over 100k in debt and hungry. today was my first time on either of my bikes since a seizure last thursday a few of you know i lost my privilege to drive when i started having seizures . anyway The weather was amazing today.

    I decided to take my fixed gear since my road bike has a flat rear.

    No here is where details get a little fuzzy. Apparently while riding I had a seizure and plowed into a police car. I am not sure, because I regained consciousness in the back of an ambulance en route to the hospital.

    The first question is of course "where is my bicycle" while they are running the initial test on me and asking questions and removing my gloves.

    so i get into the hospital and hurry up and wait for four hours. while they run another battery of test. then things got even more interesting after the nurse brought be the paper work saying i could leave three armed police officers enter the room to tell me I had an arrest warrant in a different county, and that I would be going to jail with them. I told them that they would have to allow someone to bring me my medicine or be responsible for what happened if missed a dose, then went on to explain about the last time I spent two days tied to a hospital bed because i took out 4 nurses because i had a bad reaction to the meds I was on and how I really had now where better to be and since my medicine cost me over $200 a week getting the state to pay for it for a bit actually wouldnt hurt. Suddenly they no longer wanted to take me in and sent me on my way. Funny how that worked out.

    , they still don't know what causes my seizures, and it is amusing the fact i still probably dont qualify for disability


    My bars on my bike are going to need to be retaped and my front wheel is going to need to be re-trued
    I doubt that anyone on this forum would ask anything else on first waking up.


    Heck of a story, though. Do you know if you caused any damage to to cop car?
    Best of luck finding a cure for your seizures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordbiker View Post

    What's frightening is how coherent Hickey was in posting that.

  20. #20
    some new kind of kick Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Smog Valley
    My Bikes
    SOMA Rush, Miyata 912, Kogswell Mod. G, want a porteur bike
    Posts
    1,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you are relatively ok--I hope things work out.
    I hate trying to navigate the medical and legal systems
    simultaneously.

  21. #21
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    13,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0urt View Post
    the arrest warrant was from back in my motorcycle days, I called on it, it's mine. it is several years old. whats funny is the several times I have pulled my record for various reasons it hasnt come up
    and this is my 8th time in the hospital in the past 6 months and the first time they have tried to arrest me
    Cool. Just had to ask to make sure... you know... it wasn't something sinister.

    Good luck with getting through the trials and tribulations.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •