Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Foo (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/)
-   -   fashion question (http://www.bikeforums.net/foo/385854-fashion-question.html)

Rancid 02-06-08 05:41 PM

fashion question
 
So I wear a dark gray suit and I've got a formal this weekend with my fraternity. My girlfriend is wearing a beige and black cocktail dress. I'd like to try and match that, but I have no idea what would be a good way to pull that off with a charcoal suit. Any tie and shirt color ideas?

cnickgo 02-06-08 05:46 PM

You should totally wear a salmon shirt with pastel green pants and sperrys brah. Gonna get wasted brah? Can't forget the croakies brah.

All jokes aside, a shirt that matches her color and a black tie/tie that matches the suit always works.

jsharr 02-06-08 05:51 PM

metallic pea green cumberbun, orange flip flops, and a sombrero. You can seldom go wrong with a sombrero.

zoltani 02-06-08 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsharr (Post 6120536)
metallic pea green cumberbun, orange flip flops, and a sombrero. You can seldom go wrong with a sombrero.

Ditch the flip flops for some boat shoes

fuzzbox 02-06-08 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnickgo (Post 6120497)
You should totally wear a salmon shirt with pastel green pants and sperrys brah. Gonna get wasted brah? Can't forget the croakies brah.

All jokes aside, a shirt that matches her color and a black tie/tie that matches the suit always works.

Never use the word brah again. It is so annoying when people say that.


Anyways tan tie, black shirt?

skinnyone 02-06-08 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzbox (Post 6121099)
Never use the word brah again. It is so annoying when people say that.


Anyways tan tie, black shirt?

I dunno, Charcoal suit + black shirt is not a look I am liking. How about a pic of your girlfriends dress? That will help me visualize..

smoke 02-06-08 07:49 PM

i agree; the sombrero is a must

bad news; if this actually is 'formal', then a grey suit doesn't even qualify. be more specific about the upcoming event

JF1 02-06-08 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=fuzzbox;6121099]Never use the word brah again. It is so annoying when people say that.


[/ tan QUOTE]

Not if you're Hawaiian.

JF1 02-06-08 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyone (Post 6121120)
I dunno, Charcoal suit + black shirt is not a look I am liking. How about a pic of your girlfriends dress? That will help me visualize..

True. Only a Columbian drug dealer can pull off that look.

I don't know, the last fraternity "formal" I went to (years ago), 70% of the fellas were wearing a blue blazer and khaki pants. I think "fraternity formal" just means no jeans. :)

Tom Stormcrowe 02-06-08 09:38 PM

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea...ves/JT_SNF.jpg

cnickgo 02-06-08 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF1 (Post 6121759)
True. Only a Columbian drug dealer can pull off that look.

I don't know, the last fraternity "formal" I went to (years ago), 70% of the fellas were wearing a blue blazer and khaki pants. I think "fraternity formal" just means no jeans. :)

What happens when a Frat-boy grows up?
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1798571

Rancid 02-07-08 12:12 PM

most of us just wear our suits, its not a black tie event.

The frat jokes are great by the way. Definitely not a played out stereotype that I avoid at all costs. thanks for all the help....all two or three of you that did.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 AM.